EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: "It's probably Japanese"
Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-21-2007 05:42:07 PM
New Transformers trailor oh god oh god oh god
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Blackened
posted 05-21-2007 05:49:07 PM
"It's probably a bad movie"

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
nem-x
posted 05-21-2007 05:52:12 PM
get rid of the humans then a o k
Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-21-2007 05:59:34 PM
quote:
Rockstar games presents; nem-x;
a o k

i

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Steven Steve
posted 05-23-2007 11:57:49 AM
Why do the alien robots turn into VW bugs and fire trucks and so forth anyway?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 05-23-2007 12:12:18 PM
As long as you look at it as a special effects exhibition I think the movie will be great. Storyline gives me less then no hope.

As far as why aliens turn into things found here... when they come to an environment they scan the surroundings for stuff to turn into. Sometimes when they would cut to Cybertron they would be driving around as cars and shit and I don't know the explanation for that.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-23-2007 02:45:02 PM
Did I catch a scene of a Transformer in a matrix-esque slow motion gunfight in that trailer?

I think I did.

I died a little inside.

Greenlit
posted 05-23-2007 02:57:46 PM
I plan on abusing my (Black's) movie theatre contacts to see this movie days before release and spoil the shit out of it for diehard Transformers fans.
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 05-23-2007 03:20:19 PM
quote:
Greenlit wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I plan on abusing my (Black's) movie theatre contacts to see this movie days before release and spoil the shit out of it for diehard Transformers fans.

Jetfire kills Optimus Prime!

Maradon!
posted 05-23-2007 03:42:07 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Stalwart Steve booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Why do the alien robots turn into VW bugs and fire trucks and so forth anyway?

I'm pretty sure the official canon is that they didn't until they came to earth and adapted to it's indigenous life.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-23-2007 03:44:53 PM
Ugh. I'm not even a Transformers fan, and...ugh.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 05-23-2007 04:25:24 PM
Might as well call it Toy Commerical: The Movie.

But damn it, it's going to have giant transforming robots from outer space fighting each other, so I'll see it anyway.

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-23-2007 04:49:44 PM
I don't like the look, personally. I understand the need to update the look and not have them look like 80's toys but damn.. my childhood.

They don't speak in the trailer. I hope to god they talk in the movie and that Optimus has his cheesy GI Joe voice or there'll be violence.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 05-23-2007 04:56:49 PM
quote:
Mortious posted

They don't speak in the trailer. I hope to god they talk in the movie and that Optimus has his cheesy GI Joe voice or there'll be violence.

They've got the same voice actor for Optimus.

I'm excited for this, but I'm easily entertained by shit blowing up and robots.

Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 05-23-2007 04:58:08 PM
quote:
Mortious impressed everyone with:
I don't like the look, personally. I understand the need to update the look and not have them look like 80's toys but damn.. my childhood.

They do indeed talk (except for Bumblebee, who in this story was rendered mute in an off-screen battle with Megatron), and Optimus is voiced by Peter Cullen, his original voice actor.

Incidentally, Megatron will be played by Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith in The Matrix and Elrond in The Lord of the Rings). I think it'll work.
It seems you've been living two lives, Optimus Prime.

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: