EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: How hard will the summer be on the board?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-01-2007 02:15:54 PM
Simple question. COMPLEX ANSWER.

With the school year drawing to a close, as has happened in the past, the board slows down as people actually, you know, go outside and shit. Invariably, the habit of visiting the site is broken and some people simply don't return in the fall.

The question is, then, will that happen this summer? With our low population, can it even happen? Can we get even slower without effectively ceasing to exist? Another consideration: The average age of the members has, shockingly, risen, so that many people (myself included) are just workin' stiffs year 'round, jus' tryin'a make a livin'.

Uh, sorry. I've had that Xzibit song rolling around in my head all day.

Anyway, I think we'll get a little but slower, but not by much. I think we've hit a bottoming-out point right now, so the membership should remain fairly steady for the forseeable future. What do yooouuuuuu think?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 05-01-2007 02:19:19 PM
I'll be here about as much as I'm ever here.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 05-01-2007 02:20:27 PM
I post from work most of the time, so yeah, I'll be here.
Greenlit
posted 05-01-2007 02:28:33 PM
I might be around a little less, not because of my own non-existent schooling, but because other people are getting out of school.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 05-01-2007 02:29:34 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Greenlit stammered:
I might be around a little less, not because of my own non-existent schooling, but because other people are getting out of school.

Yes, this.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 05-01-2007 02:42:20 PM
We've been at this point for what seems like a couple of years now, so I don't expect really any change. Yesterday was like today, which is like tomorrow, ad infinitum. The only change is when someone pulls a prank, which has both positive and negative responses.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-01-2007 02:44:18 PM
I post mostly from work, so no problem here.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-01-2007 02:50:41 PM
Hell, I posted with my phone from Viet-fucking-nam, so you know I'll be around even though I'll be moving again this summer. Although I can see being here a lot less in the future as professional obligations mount further. Most of the time I've been here, I've been in one school or another, and had plenty of free time.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 05-01-2007 07:45:16 PM
I'll be here far more often, since I'll actually be around easy-access internet once I get home.

Whereas I have time for only a very limited amount of internet use off at school.

LeMiere
posted 05-02-2007 12:25:36 AM
I'll be on more than usual. Work is slow and a solitary experience.
Suddar
posted 05-02-2007 02:32:44 AM
I'll probably start showing up some more over the summer. I've been without internet of my own for awhile and I'm just now getting it back. We'll see. I still read the boards every day regardless.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 05-02-2007 02:36:29 AM
quote:
Suddar stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
I'll probably start showing up some more over the summer. I've been without internet of my own for awhile and I'm just now getting it back. We'll see. I still read the boards every day regardless.

He's lying. He never calls.

Alaan
posted 05-02-2007 02:41:49 AM
quote:
I didn't think that even Mr. Gainsborough would get so drunk as to say:
He's lying. He never calls.

Suddar never calls you when he's sober.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 05-02-2007 02:44:33 AM
quote:
So quoth Alaan:
Suddar never calls you when he's sober.

reverse dat

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 05-02-2007 07:43:23 AM
It'll be normal, but maybe I'll find that old picture of my former rat face to make a new sig pic from someone else's.

I'm so wittay.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Blackened
posted 05-02-2007 08:53:00 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough.
reverse dat
sober he's when you calls never Suddar

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-02-2007 08:59:12 AM
Now, eat food with your butt and poop out your mouth.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 05-02-2007 11:29:13 AM
Same old same old. I'll be taking a couple weeks of leave where I will be spending time with my family, but aside from that....

It aint like I post much anyway.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-02-2007 03:36:17 PM
quote:
Bloodsage's fortune cookie read:
Hell, I posted with my phone from Viet-fucking-nam, so you know I'll be around even though I'll be moving again this summer. Although I can see being here a lot less in the future as professional obligations mount further. Most of the time I've been here, I've been in one school or another, and had plenty of free time.

Tell us about the war, brother.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-02-2007 03:38:58 PM
quote:
And coming in at #1 is Mr. Parcelan with "Reply." I'm Casey Casem.

The war in Vietnam?

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-02-2007 03:42:04 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Mr. Parcelan absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:

You weren't there, man, you just can't know.

Edit: though, after looking at the jungled hills not too far from Da Nang, and taking a river cruise in the Mekong Delta, my fuckin' hat's off to anyone who had to live that shit.

Bloodsage fucked around with this message on 05-02-2007 at 03:44 PM.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-02-2007 04:48:17 PM
The outside world is a lie.

Don't believe their lies.

It's your only hope.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-02-2007 05:15:20 PM
quote:
Karnaj has sealed the pact
The war in Vietnam?

The war in VIET-FUCKING-NAM!

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 05-02-2007 05:56:53 PM
quote:
Karnaj impressed everyone with:
[...]the board slows down as people actually, you know, go outside and shit.

Shitting outside just feels much better than shitting on a toilet.

I'm taking two summer courses, but they shouldn't eat up too much of my time. Hell, I start next week, and the easier of the two courses ends on the 30th, with the final on June 1st. Past that, I have no clue what I'll be doing, but it'll probably involve booze and/or video games.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: