EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: answer thread question
Author
Topic: If all your socks are the same
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 04-23-2007 07:12:33 PM
is there a reason to fold them?
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-23-2007 07:38:18 PM
No.

I'd wish all my socks were the same.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Blackened
posted 04-23-2007 07:39:26 PM
No, but you should ideally have more the one color. Fashion rules are your socks are supposed to be one shade darker than your pants, except obviously for black.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 04-23-2007 07:42:18 PM
sorry i'm not gay

my socks are white, chief

Greenlit
posted 04-23-2007 07:56:58 PM
I've started wearing all-black socks recently and I've gotta say it's just nicer than gym socks every day.
TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 04-23-2007 08:03:18 PM
actually it's BETTER not to fold them. Folding them wears out the elastic faster.
The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-23-2007 08:26:06 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough said:
sorry i'm not gay

my socks are white, chief

Only kids and girls are allowed to wear white socks.

Tier
posted 04-23-2007 08:40:14 PM
And fashion-impaired geeky men.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 04-23-2007 08:52:34 PM
and straight people

can't forget straight people

Maradon!
posted 04-23-2007 08:53:36 PM
Nobody knows what color my socks are except me, because I don't wear highwaters.
Skaw
posted 04-23-2007 09:11:01 PM
quote:
Maradon! said this about your mom:
Nobody knows what color my socks are except me, because I don't wear highwaters.

Yeah, my pants legs are long and my socks are low cuts. So theres virtually no way anyone can figure out the color of my socks.

Boss
Pancake
posted 04-23-2007 09:11:30 PM
I wear white socks exclusively. Fashion's not my strong point.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-23-2007 09:14:15 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough said:
and straight people

.. and American tourists, but it must be accompanied by sandals (in any weather), shorts (in any weather) and a camera slung around the neck.

Tier
posted 04-23-2007 09:19:26 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough was listening to Cher while typing:
and straight people

Yeah, those white socks are definitely the way to go to impress chicks.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 04-23-2007 09:20:01 PM
at least it works better than getting your penis removed
Tier
posted 04-23-2007 09:27:33 PM
Ironically, I'm sure I'd have more odds with straight chicks as a post-op tranny than as a geeky, scrawny weeaboo with thick glasses and white socks. =)
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 04-23-2007 09:30:58 PM
but you're so scary looking
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 04-23-2007 09:38:05 PM
quote:
TheOriginalZane had this to say about Punky Brewster:
actually it's BETTER not to fold them. Folding them wears out the elastic faster.

That's what I thought, too.

I don't have more than one pair of the same colored socks and they all just get tossed in a drawer.

Tier
posted 04-23-2007 09:42:11 PM
I'd rather shorten the lifespan of my socks by a few days (really) than have a disorderly sock drawer.

Makes it easier to remove the poop after Parcelan visits.

Asha'man fucked around with this message on 04-23-2007 at 09:42 PM.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-23-2007 09:48:09 PM
quote:
Asha'man had this to say about Duck Tales:
I'd rather shorten the lifespan of my socks by a few days (really) than have a disorderly sock drawer.

Makes it easier to remove the poop after Parcelan visits.

you could always just stack them, since stacks of socks fit neater in a drawer then balls.

Willias
Pancake
posted 04-23-2007 09:56:03 PM
quote:
Asha'man was naked while typing this:
Yeah, those white socks are definitely the way to go to impress chicks.

If you're trying to impress chicks with the color of your socks, you've fucked up somewhere.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-23-2007 10:09:44 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis said:
you could always just stack them, since stacks of socks fit neater in a drawer then balls.

I stack them too. It saves time. Albeit only a second or two.. but I would go insane if I had to keep popping open those god damn sockballs.

I find it also takes up less space, but it all depends on how you have your drawer arranged I guess. I go with the "stuff things in and hope it fits" approach. With all things. ¬_¬

TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 04-23-2007 10:13:46 PM
quote:
Willias had this to say about the Spice Girls:
If you're trying to impress chicks with the color of your socks, you've fucked up somewhere.

I'm glad someone finally said it.

The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
Talonus
Loner
posted 04-23-2007 10:23:35 PM
quote:
Blackened had this to say about the Spice Girls:
No, but you should ideally have more the one color. Fashion rules are your socks are supposed to be one shade darker than your pants, except obviously for black.

Eh, the fashion rules on socks are odd. I've more often heard you match the color to your shoes first and pants second, but if you have casual shoes then you always go with white socks.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-23-2007 10:29:09 PM
I don't get how white socks are not acceptable when you're wearing jeans, a tshirt, and running shoes.

edit: if your socks are visible then you are wearing shorts and that's supposed to be unacceptable as an adult, too

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 04-23-2007 at 10:32 PM.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 04-23-2007 10:48:35 PM
White socks are fine for casual or athletic wear; basically any situation that allows sneakers allows white socks. Dress shoes, which are typically either black or brown, should be accompanied by matching socks (equal or slightly darker shade, as already stated). I don't know the proper sandal sock etiquette, since I don't wear socks with sandals.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Tier
posted 04-23-2007 11:10:12 PM
quote:
Willias had this to say about the Spice Girls:

Oh, it might just be, I don't know... Fashion? You know, that crazy thing girls just love.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 04-23-2007 11:16:19 PM
quote:
Asha'man had this to say about Duck Tales:
Oh, it might just be, I don't know... Fashion? You know, that crazy thing girls just love.

dude seriously

fashion might be important...but socks are like the low man on that totem pole, buddy

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-23-2007 11:23:09 PM
It's not even a matter of fashion. Not wearing white socks inappropriately is simply a matter of not looking like a clown.

About 60% of my socks are navy. But every pair is a slightly different shade of it--so yes, you do need to fold them, else you end up with a whole bunch of odd socks that are difficult to pair.

Blackened
posted 04-23-2007 11:32:09 PM
every man should have white and neutral color socks in their wardrobe

pvednes is right, you WILL look like a fucking clown if you're wearing white socks with certain dress

face the facts Gains, you'll have to bite the bullet and buy some black/navy blue/neutral colors eventually

p.s. everyone who's saying "hurr if you're trying to attract women with the color of your socks you're don't something wrong" is stupid. Women DO notice these things and they DO add up. But I can't count on a forum of geeky guys to know these things. count on the English, Australians, and a Post-Op to get it right

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Willias
Pancake
posted 04-23-2007 11:52:10 PM
quote:
`Doc painfully thought these words up:
White socks are fine for casual or athletic wear; basically any situation that allows sneakers allows white socks. Dress shoes, which are typically either black or brown, should be accompanied by matching socks (equal or slightly darker shade, as already stated). I don't know the proper sandal sock etiquette, since I don't wear socks with sandals.

I agree with this.

quote:
It's not even a matter of fashion. Not wearing white socks inappropriately is simply a matter of not looking like a clown.

Clowns wear striped socks, not white socks.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 04-23-2007 11:58:19 PM
I wore jeans and a t-shirt to Easter.

I don't have dress occasions.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-24-2007 12:01:34 AM
Well if you won't listen to men who know how to dress like men, for god's sakes listen to the tranny.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 04-24-2007 12:05:20 AM
this thread isn't about me changing my means of dress, you fucking faggot

it's trying figure out a reason why my mom is bitching at me about not folding my socks

gb2w&w

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-24-2007 12:09:00 AM
dressing up sucks and most males look significantly less attractive when dressed well

edit: compared to t-shirt and jeans. also yes I know it's necessary sometimes but that doesn't mean I have to like it

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 04-24-2007 at 12:09 AM.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 04-24-2007 12:20:31 AM
kegwen likes dirty boys
Doomjudge
Pancake
posted 04-24-2007 12:56:49 AM
I got black socks...7 pairs with all the days of the week stitched into them. They make me laugh. I've had a few instances where I've crossed my legs and my pant legged pulled up so you can see them.

People comment and laugh. Girlfriend finds it hilarious when I forget what day it is and wear the wrong pair.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 04-24-2007 01:00:49 AM
why is this the most popular thread today

goddammit EC

ok the RP thread is more popular but still WHY

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 04-24-2007 at 01:02 AM.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 04-24-2007 03:37:47 AM
Why would I wear anything but white socks when I nearly exclusively wear jeans?

On the rare occasions I do dress up, I bust out my 1 (one) pair of black socks.

The real world is going to destroy me.

p.s. I bet you sock-folders fold your underwear too. Waste of time if you ask me, it's not like anyone can see the wrinkle across your ass.

Peter
Pancake
posted 04-24-2007 11:14:10 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough painfully thought these words up:
is there a reason to fold them?

Mine are not the same colors and I just toss them in the top drawer.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: