EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: On Stephen King's "Cell"
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-23-2007 04:00:16 PM
Just got done reading it. Fun book; a lot different from his other post-apocalyptic work, The Stand, or How I Learned to Stop Thinking and Love a Vengeful God. The creative license taken with computer science was somewhat cringeworthy, but I was able to suspend disbelief quite easily. Anyone else read Cell?

Oh, one other thing: Is the Baby Nike that Alice grabs supposed to be Gage Creed's shoe? Because the instant I read that, that's what I thought.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 04-24-2007 12:03:07 AM
I didn't catch that part of the book but I do know that Gage Creed's missing shoe turns up in Atropos' house in Insomnia along with Jake Chamber's saxophone. Although with the zombie theme in Cell you're probably right seeing that Gage is kind of undead.
There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-24-2007 04:54:46 PM
Well, I was thinking of it more as a calling card, like that we're supposed to infer that the forces behind The Pulse are the same as those in Insomnia and other books, like Randall Flagg.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: