EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Best. Flame. Ever.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-20-2007 02:20:37 PM
So, Ted, what do you really think?

CNN Article.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-20-2007 02:29:19 PM
Yech, that read like an updated version of a fire-and-brimstone preacher.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

nem-x
posted 04-20-2007 03:11:03 PM
Maradon!
posted 04-20-2007 04:23:18 PM
Penn and Teller don't count, they're uh uh uh uh CONSERVATIVE ACTIVISTS oh no wait they're anti-creationist and pro choice

they're uh uh uh uh uh racists?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-20-2007 04:26:16 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Karnaj gently hums:
Yech, that read like an updated version of a fire-and-brimstone preacher.

Yeah, he's a bit on the odd side these days, but it's nice all the same to see someone take the gloves off in a public forum.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-20-2007 04:32:34 PM
Be that as it may, he's still a gigantic fucking cuntface for deciding rape the carcasses of 32 murdered people to advance his pet cause a whopping four days after the event. Are the bodies even in the ground yet?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-20-2007 04:36:50 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Karnaj absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Be that as it may, he's still a gigantic fucking cuntface for deciding rape the carcasses of 32 murdered people to advance his pet cause a whopping four days after the event. Are the bodies even in the ground yet?

Wut?

How is anything he said disrespectful of the dead? I didn't read it incredibly closely, but missed anything even resembling that. And how is it not disrespectful of the dead to turn the incident into a huge political tool in favor of gun control, which is what the paired article does?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-20-2007 04:49:32 PM
quote:
Embrace the facts, demand upgrade and be certain that your children's school has a better plan than Virginia Tech or Columbine. Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.

And The Nuge isn't unique in his corpse-fucking, to be sure. In fact, I would argue that the anti-gun people (LIBERALS!) are even worse necrophiliacs. He's just going in for sloppy seconds.

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-20-2007 04:58:55 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Karnaj squealed:
And The Nuge isn't unique in his corpse-fucking, to be sure. In fact, I would argue that the anti-gun people (LIBERALS!) are even worse necrophiliacs. He's just going in for sloppy seconds.

How is it disrespectful to point out that the school should have a plan, and that "gun-free zones" are inherently stupid, as proven by disasters of the past and present?

I'm failing to see how a) anyone who's dead gives a shit or b) this is disrespectful of their memories.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 04-20-2007 06:12:40 PM
I guess the Gun Control freaks are equal "Cunt-Faces" in your opinion then for dancing on the graves of these 32 poor people before they are even in them and clamoring for more gun control? Hell it was an Anti Gunner who said just a few months ago that we NEED something like this so they can use it to promote their cause.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-20-2007 06:18:54 PM
quote:
At least I'm not Karnaj

Cindy Sheehan.

nem-x
posted 04-20-2007 06:27:42 PM
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 04-20-2007 06:30:40 PM
Seriously, what the hell? It's common sense.

Make a law saying you can bring guns some place, and it will only be the criminals who WANT to blow away unarmed people will be the ones to bring a weapon there.

I'd much rather be allowed to carry a concealed weapon so I can defend myself, and NOTHING that was said there was at all disrespectful to the dead.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-20-2007 07:19:05 PM
And Steven King weighs in about the flap over Cho's writing.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-20-2007 08:18:23 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Tron:
And Steven King weighs in about the flap over Cho's writing.

I think this is a pretty good indication of how you can predict someone.

If we assume that, at the core of everyone's being, everyone craves positive attention, then a person who is outgoing and social in a scenario like a writing class is less likely to explode. They garner positive attention by their very being.

Typically, at the end of these violent acts, is a lack of attention. Usually, it comes from negative attention, such as being bullied (like Columbine), or from a lack of attention from the opposite sex (such as in that shooting up in Canada). In the case of Cho, it was probably a lack of attention in general.

I mean, look at our very own board. Gains, a rather weird individual, gets plenty of attention and doesn't really seem like he may go off at any moment. Kekvit, for example (Ja'Deth or Lyinar posting against this known fact will be banned), went to extremes to get attention, ending in child molestation.

So, in short, you probably won't flip out if you get laid once in awhile.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 04-21-2007 12:23:11 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Pirotess:

Agreed. Sex sure makes me feel better.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Mightion Defensor
posted 04-21-2007 12:40:19 AM
quote:
From the Book of Armaments, Mr. Parcelan did read;

* looks at his watch

Been lucky so far.

On a serious note, I think Ted Nugent had some quite valid points. Makes me wanna go to Charlie Daniels' website and see what he has to say - I may not listen to his music, but his soapbox was always interesting to read.

EDIT: Charlie Daniels has indeed posted on the issue. Raises very valid points, at least to me.

Mightion Defensor fucked around with this message on 04-21-2007 at 12:42 AM.

Steven Steve
posted 04-21-2007 02:41:15 PM
HAY MIghtion wasup dide
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 04-21-2007 02:42:55 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Gains, a rather weird individual, gets plenty of attention and doesn't really seem like he may go off at any moment.

contradiction itt

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 04-24-2007 12:34:47 AM
I don't think one extreme or the other is the answer to the problem. Fact of the matter is, Cho had no prior record. He bought at least one of his guns legally and probably could have gotten a concealed handgun license too. And if we took away his ability to do that, he just would have gotten a gun illegally.

The only problem I see is that there are too many talking heads who feel that there is a way to actually prevent these atrocities from happening. You can't. Sometimes people die. It's not fair, but there's no changing the fact that some humans are just really fucked up in the head. Maybe if more students around the campus were packing, someone might have dropped him sooner. But the guy went to a lot of trouble to kill some people and I don't think anything could have been done to prevent that.

Too many people on both sides of the gun control issue are acting like fuck heads.

-H

Maradon!
posted 04-24-2007 03:54:55 AM
quote:
Hellbendering:
The only problem I see is that there are too many talking heads who feel that there is a way to actually prevent these atrocities from happening.

Or feel that these atrocities are a convenient fulcrum by which to advance their preconceived political agenda.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 04-24-2007 01:54:10 PM
nem-x
posted 04-24-2007 03:24:13 PM
quote:
This one time, at Mr. Gainsborough camp:

quoted for own

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: