EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The Call - Day 4
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-12-2007 08:25:53 AM
This table is for your Adventure Rolls. You will roll 1d35 on this table once each day and follow the instructions for each location as you land on it. All monsters on this table are worth 1 level and 10 gold coins. When a player reaches level 10, they may trade in their daily adventure for a shot at Jo'Deth to win the game. If they lose, they have to reach level 10 again and try once more!

Welcome to the Lair of Jo’Deth, the laboratory where many strange and dangerous things lurk in the darkness. Beware the foul creations, as they will attack friend and foe alike in their delirium and madness. These tortured souls forever wander the halls, looking for an escape that will only come with death. Jo’Deth himself churns out more and more of the creatures in the pursuit of creating the perfect monstrosity to aid Mortanu’s return. Due to incursions by the forces of Parcumon and his allies, traps have been laid with no concern for the well-being of Jo’Deth’s allies.

Who can survive for long in such a place?

1. In the crevices of stone in what passes for a floor in this area, you see a small trace of green in the otherwise drab stones. Quickly investigating, you discover the green is actually a small four-bladed plant. After plucking it from the ground, you feel luckier. In fact, you feel lucky enough to evade the next trap you run into.

2. While traveling down a darkened tunnel, your steps have led you deep into the lair of a misshapen bugbear! His attack roll is a 12! If defeated, he drops 1 treasure. If you have a shield, you cannot use it in this combat towards your combat bonus!

3. TRAP! A purple ray shoots from the wall and hits your offhand, rendering it completely useless for shields, offhand weapons, or two-hand weapons until healed! Withering Disease!

4. A blind zombie has your scent! His attack roll is a 5 and he counts as Undead! If defeated, he drops 1 treasure.

5. You’re under attack by a drowned rat! Its attack roll is a 7! If defeated, it drops 1 treasure.

6. TRAP! Ohnoes! You’ve been hit with an inaccuracy poison! All your attack rolls will be at -3 until cured!

7. You jump down into a shallow pit only to find yourself facing off with a Rock Lobster! Its attack roll is a 9! If defeated, it drops 1 treasure.

8. You round a corner and bump into a barghest. He isn’t happy to see you! Its attack roll is a 15! If defeated, it drops 1 treasure. If you’re defeated, though, lose an extra level!

9. A lost Blind Swordsman has lost his way. You help him find the nearest exit. Go up a level!

10. You stumble upon a statue of the Two-Headed God Ja’Gorgo. The small piles of gold at the feet of the statue are accompanied with a donations chart. It says that if you donate 15 gold coins to Ja’Gorgo’s faith, you can add a +5 or a -5 to any player’s movement for the next day (including yourself). If you do this to at least 3 different people, Ja’Gorgo will bless you with 1 level.

11. You’ve wandered into the grasp of a succubus! Her attack roll is a 14! If defeated, she drops 1 treasure. If she defeats YOU, then you happily give up any one item as a gift. If you have no items, then you pay her 5 gold coins per level.

12. TRAP! A cut has festered on your finger, infecting you with a Lesser Impotency Disease. All rolls you make using a 1d6 will be at a -1 until cured.

13. A poisonous toad has found you during your rest break! Its attack roll is a 6! If defeated, it drops 1 treasure.

14. You’ve found a quiet room, full of odd art. A quick appraisal tells you the only thing of worth is a sculpture of Katrinitu in the back worth 100 gold coins!

15. A slightly angry kobold is following you! His attack roll is a 10! If defeated, he drops 1 treasure.

16. A quiet calm flows through you as you pass under a white stone archway. A cloaked figure greets you with a nod and gestures towards an altar that is scarred with use and covered in dried blood. You instantly know you’re in a Church to the Dread God Blackenoth. A donation of 20 gold coins will cause any player (including yourself) to automatically lose their next combat, regardless of their roll. This will take effect the day after it is activated.

17. TRAP! You’ve hit a level drain trap! You lose 1 level!

18. Someone appears to have dropped a small bottle on the ground. You pick it up and quaff the sweet-smelling potion quickly. Any poisons, diseases, or movement penalties you have are cured!

19. A dwarf zombie jumps in front of you, ready to fight! Its attack roll is a 12! If defeated, it drops 1 treasure.

20. The statue of a rather angry looking fellow in a large helmet stands before you with piles of gold heaped at his feet. This is the Shrine of Bajagon, you realize, God of Battle. For a donation of 15 gold coins, you can add a +1 to your Attack Roll in your next combat. Bajagon will award you with 1 level if you apply this donation 3 times.

21. You’ve attracted the attention of a turtle with no shell! Its attack roll is a 4! If defeated, it drops 1 treasure.

22. TRAP! You’ve been poisoned! Your attack rolls will be at -1 until cured.

23. A hollow worm has trapped you in a dark room. Its attack roll is a 16! If defeated, it drops 1 treasure

24. You narrowly escape a trap only to find yourself face to face with a simpleton! His attack roll is a 3! If defeated, he drops 1 treasure.

25. Your senses are assaulted, just in time to save you from being ambushed by a vicious mind-eating ooze! Its attack roll is an 19! It defeated, it drops 1 treasure.

26. The Nine-Tailed Goddess watches over the Shrine you have discovered. Katrinitu removes all poison, disease, and movement impairments from you. For a donation of 25 gold coins, she will protect you from the next level you would normally lose, as long as it is lost by a trap or by combat. This effect is wasted if a level is lost by other means.

27. You’ve stepped right into the path of a wildman! His attack roll is a 16! If defeated, he drops 1 treasure.

28. A priest wearing a large purple hat welcomes you with a punch to the arm before guiding you through a courtyard that leads into what could only be described as a fitness center. This is no doubt the Church of Bajagon, God of Battle. For a donation of 30 gold coins, you may select any player (including yourself) and that player will automatically win their next combat regardless of the roll. This will take effect the day after it is activated.

29. A crazed catnapper catches you by the arm! Her attack roll is a 13! If defeated, she drops 1 treasure.

30. A near skeletal statue swathed in near-living black robes has a hand extended towards you. There are gold coins and lists of names scattered about its feet. This is the Shrine to Blackenoth, where you can donate 10 gold coins to cause any player (including yourself) to suffer a -1 to their Attack Roll in their next combat on the next day. If you utilize this benefit 5 times, Blackenoth will award you 1 level.

31. You've discovered a treasure room! Roll once on the treasure chart!

32. TRAP! A Wishing Well Trap encourages you to spend 1d6x10 gold coins. Your wish, however, is not granted.

33. A diminutive red-headed elf glares balefully at you, but guides you into a shack filled with bubbling potions and other strange accoutrements. She explains you are in the Church of Ja’Gorgo and points at the donation… mechanism. For 30 gold, you can roll your movement for the next day twice and select the one you wish to use. Or you may target someone else and make them roll twice, letting YOU choose which they take - this will take effect the day after it is activated.

34. You've found the Shrine of the Three Penguins: Delidgamus, Voragus and Liamus. While here, you are immune to any ill effects, shrines, attacks, or abilities. Also, any poisons or diseases will still remain, but do not take effect today. By donating 15 gold, you can be immune to traps for a single day. The Blessing of the Three Penguins can be stacked up to 4 days for 60 gold.

35. TRAP! You lose *1d6 => 1*x10 gold!

If you fight a combat against a monster, roll 1d30 on the following table once for each treasure you gain!

1.+1 Sword, Main Hand Only. Zombiebane, additional +1 versus Undead.
2.+1 Sword.
3.+1 Wand, Main Hand Only, Ranged Weapon. Oozebane, additional +1 versus Oozes.
4.+1 Crossbow, Ranged Weapon, additional +1 against Flyers.
5.+1 Waraxe, Main Hand Only. Dwarvencraft, when used by dwarves, they can reroll their attack rolls, taking the second roll (even if it is lower).
6.+1 Wand, Ranged Weapon.
7.+2 Two-Handed Sword.
8.+1 Longbow, Ranged Weapon. Elvencraft, when used by elves, they can reroll their attack rolls, taking the second roll (even if it is lower).
9.+1 Hammer.
10.+1 Armor.
11.+2 Armor, Useable only by Clerics, Warriors, Paladins, and Death Knights.
12.+1 Shield.
13.+2 Shield, Useable only by Clerics, Warriors, Paladins, and Death Knights.
14.Potion of Skill, Gain One Level - Single Use Item
15.Potion of Cure Poison - Single Use Item
16.Potion of Cure Disease - Single Use Item
17.Potion of Battle, +1 Attack Roll - Single Use Item
18.Potion of Scorn, +2 Attack Roll - Single Use Item
19.Ring of Battle, +1 to Attack Rolls
20.Amulet of Battle, +1 to Attack Rolls
21.+1 Dagger
22.+1 Dagger of Assassination, additional +1 when wielded by Assassins.
23.+2 Two-Handed Axe of Wrath, additional +1 when wielded by Paladins.
24.+1 Doohicky of the Thingamajig. Gnomecraft, when used by gnomes, they can reroll their attack rolls, taking the second roll (even if it is lower). (This is a weapon for either hand.)
25.+1 Flail. Demoncraft, when used by demons, they can reroll their attack rolls, taking the second roll (even if it is lower).
26.+2 Two-Handed Doubleaxe. Orcrafted, when used by orcs, they can reroll their attack rolls, taking the second roll (even if it is lower).
27.+1 Hammer. Deathcraft, when used by undead, they can reroll their attack rolls, taking the second roll (even if it is lower).
28.+1 Shield. Humancraft, when used by humans, they can reroll their attack rolls, taking the second roll (even if it is lower).
29.+1 Dagger. Additional +1 when wielded in offhand as a dual-wielded set.
30.Ring of Luck, +1 to 1d6 rolls (max 6, does not affect movement)

I added in the Win Conditions at the top, though the game can and will end early if Parce's game is ready before the conditions are met.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-12-2007 08:28:37 AM
Name: Tarquinn
Race: Demon
Class: Assassin
LEVEL: 1
GP: 10
WEAPONS: None
ARMOR: None
ITEMS: None

MOVEMENT ROLL: 1d35 => 20

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-12-2007 08:29:20 AM
Third tourist attraction in a row!
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-12-2007 08:40:26 AM
Name: Asphodell the Poor
Class: Death Knight
GP: 0
MOVEMENT ROLL: 1d35 => 34
ATTACK ROLL: 1d20 => 15 +1
DEATH KNIGHT ABILITY ROLL: 1d6 => 5
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-12-2007 08:41:19 AM

This would be much funnier if it wasn't happening to me.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 04-12-2007 08:59:29 AM
Name: Vorago Erus
Race: Elf
Class: Wizard
Level: 1

MOVEMENT ROLL: 1d35 => 11
ATTACK ROLL: 1d20 => 2 -2

TREASURE ROLL: 1d30 => 22
I AM BETTER ROLL: 1d6 => 2

Vorago
posted 04-12-2007 09:00:20 AM
Vorago
posted 04-12-2007 09:01:12 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Karnaj said:

This would be much funnier if it wasn't happening to me.

I just like how it is day 4 so far and most of us are are lvl 1 with 10 or less gold still

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-12-2007 09:04:25 AM
Name: Pvednes
Race: Elf
Class: Death Knight
Level: 2
Weapons: +1 Hammer
Armour: None
Items: Potion of Scorn

Movement: 1d35 => 2
Attack: 1d20 => 13 +3
Death Knight Ability: 1d6 => 2

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-12-2007 09:05:59 AM
Yes!

Treasure: 1d30 => 28
Better Than You: 1d6 => 6

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-12-2007 09:06:54 AM
Treasure the Second: 1d30 => 24
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-12-2007 09:25:19 AM
Name: Bajau the Tormented Tourist
Class: Paladin
Level: 1
Weapons: None
Armor: None
Items: None

Movement: 1d35 => 2
Belated Pally Roll: 1d6 => 2

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-12-2007 09:27:18 AM
Pvednes, roll 1d6 to see if my Demon ability affects you! Then we shall PVP! Right after I fight this bugbear and probably lose.

Attack Roll: 1d20 => 14 +1 (Level)
Treasure: [roll]1d30[/b] - If I Win

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-12-2007 09:27:56 AM
WOOTS and oops at the same time.
1d30 => 23
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-12-2007 09:32:05 AM
If Pvednes is feared, I send him to room 3 to deal with the trap.

If not, I attack! 1d20 => 18 +2 (Level)
If I win, I'll take a level. *hug*

Bajah fucked around with this message on 04-12-2007 at 09:32 AM.

Oreowned
My friends call me 'Wiggles'
posted 04-12-2007 09:35:48 AM
Name: Oreo
Race: Human
LEVEL: 0
MOVEMENT ROLL: 1d35 => 27
ATTACK ROLL: 1d20 => 8
ASSASSIN ROLL: 1d6 => 5
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-12-2007 09:40:14 AM
Oreo, your result today depends on what Palador decides to take from yesterday due to your PVP loss. Either you'll not have your Flail and you'll lose a level today (and go back to level 1), or you'll have your flair and be level 1, then get "Beaten Up" by today's monster and lose your turn for tomorrow.
Rari
Pancake
posted 04-12-2007 10:08:27 AM
Name: Rari
Race: Dwarf
LEVEL: 2
GP: 55
WEAPONS: +3 2-handed Axe, Equipped
ARMOR: +1 Armor, Equipped

MOVEMENT: 1d35 => 24
ATTACK: 1d20 => 14 +6 (Equipment + level)

Rari
Pancake
posted 04-12-2007 10:09:25 AM
Woot! 1d30 => 6
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-12-2007 10:47:31 AM
1d6 => 5 to see if I wuss out or not.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-12-2007 10:49:02 AM
I don't!

Attack! 1d20 => 2 +3
Death Knight Ability 1d6 => 3

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-12-2007 10:50:15 AM
Double crap.
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 04-12-2007 11:00:45 AM
Name: Jajay
Race: Human
Class: Bard
GP: broke
Movement: 1d35 => 9

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 04-12-2007 11:01:26 AM
Well look at that! A roll not in the 30's.

And a good one, too.

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 04-12-2007 11:12:00 AM
Name: Nor

movt: 1d35 => 2

attack: 1d20 => 6 +1, -3
magic: 1d6 => 1
loot: 1d30 => 19

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 04-12-2007 11:12:40 AM
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-12-2007 11:29:33 AM
Right.

1d6 => 6

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-12-2007 11:32:25 AM
Attacking Norim: 1d20 => 16 +2 level +1 hammer +1 shield -5 exhaustion +2 Potion of Scorn
Death Knight Ability: 1d6 => 3
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-12-2007 11:33:21 AM
If I win I'm taking that level back.

Roar!

Edit: Oh. Norim's a sheep. LAMB FOR DINNER!

Pvednes fucked around with this message on 04-12-2007 at 11:48 AM.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 04-12-2007 11:53:10 AM
Race: Gnome
WEAPON: None
WEAPON: None
ARMOR:
Amulet: None
Rings: None
ITEMS:

Movement: 1d35 => 33
Attack: 1d20 => 13 + 1d6 => 1 +1 (my level)
Treasure: 1d30 => 14

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Aaron (the good one)
posted 04-12-2007 11:54:19 AM
I want to attack Karnaj. He's right over there!
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-12-2007 12:16:15 PM
Name: Palador
Race: Dark Elf
Class: Ranger
MOVEMENT ROLL: 1d35 => 35
ATTACK ROLL: 1d20 => 10
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 04-12-2007 12:36:15 PM
Name: Inferno-Spirit (Human Paladin)
Level: 0
Gold: 0

Weapons: None
Armor: None
Items: None

1d35 => 34

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Aaron (the good one)
posted 04-12-2007 01:27:16 PM
GET KARNAJ! KILL HIM!
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-12-2007 02:15:36 PM
Name: Aegis
Race: Dwarf
LEVEL: 3
GP: 30
ARMOR: +1 Armor +1 Shield

MOVEMENT ROLL: 1d35 => 28
ATTACK ROLL: 1d20 => 2+5
ASSASSIN ROLL: 1d6 => 5
ZOMG TREASURE ROLL: 1d30 => 25

Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 04-12-2007 02:17:49 PM
NAME: I Guess. SENTOW, I Guess.
RACE: Elf
CLASS: Berserker
LEVEL: 3
GOLD: 30
WEAPONS: +2 2H Sword, +1 Crossbow (unequipped), +2 Orcraft 2H Axe (unequipped)

Movement: 1d35 => 22
Attack! 1d20 => 16 +7
Treasure? 1d30 => 1
Better: 1d6 => 5
Treasure 2? 1d30 => 14

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 04-12-2007 02:23:07 PM
Is there even a point to fighting Karnaj? I'm level 0 with 0 gold and no items (and disease), he's level 1 with no gold and no items.

Hey, if I beat him, can I GIVE him my disease?

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 04-12-2007 02:24:44 PM
Ah, well.

1d20 => 20

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-12-2007 02:39:07 PM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, Inferno-Spirit scored a straight 1 with:
Is there even a point to fighting Karnaj? I'm level 0 with 0 gold and no items (and disease), he's level 1 with no gold and no items.

Hey, if I beat him, can I GIVE him my disease?

You guys are at the 3 Penguins.

quote:
While here, you are immune to any ill effects, shrines, attacks, or abilities.
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 04-12-2007 02:40:49 PM
Bah, wasted natural 20.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: