EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Grindhouse
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 04-06-2007 04:33:52 PM
So, who else saw it?

First off, man, you do not want to buy a drink before this baby... 3 hours and 20 minutes in the theater. But god was it ever time well spent.

Planet Terror was a great zombie film, everything was delightfully over the top... I do mean everything. Standard issue police pistol rounds cause litres of blood to explode out and entire limbs to come off, guns never run out of ammo... and a girl with an assault weapon for a leg hehe. No real big surprises or anything else, just zombies, gore and action. Can't say I disapprove.

If you have ever wondered what a Quake style rocket jump would look like if performed by a real person, wonder no more! Entirely impossible but oh so entertaining!

The fake trailers were an absolute riot, I think Werewolf Women of the S.S. wins entirely for the casting of the evil Fu Man Chu at the end though, that had the audience howling.

Death Proof had me worried at first, it started off real slow at first. But once it hits it's stride it became downright awesome, car crashes and chases like I haven't seen in ages. Was just flat out... satisfying, entirely satisfying. For the first half I was like, "Hmm... I don't know about this..." but by the end I wanted to cheer at something, I'm impressed.

Hawt womenz everywhere too. Zoe Bell with her accent in particular omg (She was Uma Thurman's stunt double in Kill Bill)

I give this movie two big thumbs up, was money very well spent

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 04-06-2007 06:05:12 PM
I just got back from the show. It was absolutely terrible, but a lot of fun.

I don't regret going to see it a single bit, but I'll never go again (and I probably won't buy it when it comes out, either).

Arttemis fucked around with this message on 04-06-2007 at 06:05 PM.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-06-2007 06:08:37 PM
The movie looks fucking retarded. And not fucking retarded in the Evil Dead way in that it's so fucking retarded it actually wraps back around and is cool.

Just regularly fucking retarded.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 04-06-2007 08:46:11 PM
3 and a half hours of pure dynamite!

It was pretty kickin' rad.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 04-06-2007 11:42:33 PM
There probably wasn't a second of this movie that I could've taken seriously. I was howling like a lunatic throughout most of it.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 04-07-2007 01:28:29 AM
My back hurts form seeing this, laying down for an hour, and then going to see blades of glory. But I would get up and watch grind house again if someone asked me to go.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 04-07-2007 09:22:26 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Lechium:
There probably wasn't a second of this movie that I could've taken seriously. I was howling like a lunatic throughout most of it.

The 'missing reel' in Planet Terror was so god damn funny

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 04-11-2007 07:56:00 PM
OMFG, this movie was so fucking awesome!

I SO want to find a picture of Nicholas Cage as Fu Manchu!!!

And, for whoever wished it would happen, according to IMDB...though who knows how reliable that is...Robert Rodriguez is actually making Machete!

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: