EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: This is an actual episode, for children, of TMNT
Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-31-2007 08:11:36 PM
Dispair
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Greenlit
posted 03-31-2007 08:16:37 PM
That intro raped my brain.

And what the fuck

Greenlit fucked around with this message on 03-31-2007 at 08:16 PM.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-31-2007 08:17:44 PM
I actually kinda like that series. As long as you think of it as a totally different thing from the original animated one, it's not too bad.
Skaw
posted 03-31-2007 08:42:02 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I actually kinda like that series. As long as you think of it as a totally different thing from the original animated one, it's not too bad.

I'd consider TMNT to be two different brands. The original(comics/second series/new movie) are lumped in to one, while the first series and three movies are another.

Greenlit
posted 03-31-2007 08:44:36 PM
Wait, what? Weren't the comics a lot darker and more violent than any other incarnation?
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-31-2007 08:44:55 PM
Is the newer series based off the comics?

Didn't know that.

Zaeron
Pancake
posted 03-31-2007 08:49:13 PM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about Knight Rider:
Wait, what? Weren't the comics a lot darker and more violent than any other incarnation?

That episode just linked is pretty dark and violent - I remember watching it when I was a kid. I don't remember much else about that series though, so I can't remember if that was a normal tone for the episodes or if most of it was a lot lighter.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 03-31-2007 09:54:01 PM
There have been two or three different TMNT comic runs. There is/was the current one which is fairly dark and violent and in black and white.

There was another series that ran around the time of the original cartoon series featuring colored comics and character design more or less the same as that of the show. I believe it ended with a fight against the embodiments of the Four Horsemen. (War was one of my favorite characters in the SNES fighting game.)

I know there were shorts before that but dunno if there was a full comic series.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Skaw
posted 03-31-2007 10:08:50 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough had this to say about Duck Tales:
Is the newer series based off the comics?

Didn't know that.

It's not really based off it, but it's tied a lot closer to it than the original series was. Which really didn't have a whole lot except for names.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-01-2007 01:03:52 AM
If you want a picture of the future, imagine Shredder's boot stamping on a human face-- forever.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-01-2007 02:01:28 AM
This new shredder is my idol. Much better than the old shredder, who was just a bumbling idiot.

Mortious fucked around with this message on 04-01-2007 at 02:01 AM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-01-2007 02:21:38 AM
quote:
How.... Mortious.... uughhhhhh:
This new shredder is my idol. Much better than the old shredder, who was just a bumbling idiot.

It's been a pretty radical change in cartoons to have actually intelligent, if flawed, villains.

As opposed to typical "arrr curse you" villains, like the old Shredder or those douchebags from the 80's cartoons, you've got crazy fuckers like Azula from Avatar. She engineered a coup.

It's also been noted that the more successful shows tend to have progressing storylines where the villains and heroes are occasionally gaining and losing ground throughout the plot. It's pretty cool when you compare it to "Hahaha we foiled those villains again" "NEXT TIME"

Maradon!
posted 04-01-2007 11:54:50 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Mr. Parcelan booooze lime pole over bench lick:
As opposed to typical "arrr curse you" villains, like the old Shredder or those douchebags from the 80's cartoons, you've got crazy fuckers like Azula from Avatar. She engineered a coup.

It's also been noted that the more successful shows tend to have progressing storylines where the villains and heroes are occasionally gaining and losing ground throughout the plot. It's pretty cool when you compare it to "Hahaha we foiled those villains again" "NEXT TIME"

HELLO the original GI Joe series? Ghostbusters? That shit was all up on the sophisticated scale.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-01-2007 11:58:46 AM
Didn't no one ever die in GI Joe, to the point of characters expressly pointing out that enemy soldiers survived horrific crashes and explosions?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 04-01-2007 12:01:12 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Karnaj who doth quote:
Didn't no one ever die in GI Joe, to the point of characters expressly pointing out that enemy soldiers survived horrific crashes and explosions?

To an extent, yeah, death was limited to major plot points, but I've really not seen much evidence that this has changed.

Also, snakeyes died

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 04-04-2007 10:34:48 AM
I remember a story line from the TMNT comic where Raphael came back to the present from the future, after being shot by a rocket and losing an eye. Kinda took the childish aspect out of the comic when a main character gets shot by a rocket and loses an eye.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-04-2007 10:40:43 AM
It was a tiny rocket, manufactured for the global mice wars.

Beer.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-04-2007 06:42:10 PM
quote:
Karnaj was listening to Cher while typing:

Duke was supposed to die in the GI Joe movie when SERPENTOR or whatever his name was threw that snakespear through his chest, but the Hasbro executives pussied out after it had already been made and they added a quick scene talking about him only going into a coma. That was the closest the cartoon came to killing anyone.

People died in the comic book as regularly as any other comic book in the 80s and early 90s. There was one storyline with a full blown war between GI Joe and Cobra over Cobra trying to take over some third world island nation that had a bunch of people dying.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: