EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Musings from a cameraphone
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-30-2007 09:12:50 AM
While I hate commuting to Manhattan, the long rides to and from work allow me to see a rich panoply of things. Ever since I got a camera phone back in December, I've taken pictures of the stranger things I've seen, plus other random occurances. I'll link them, rather than post them as images, since some of them are quite large.

The Empire State Building at night.

Another shot of the Empire State Building around X-mas time. I get a great view of it every night as I walk up Broadway to catch my train.

Our seats at the Evil Dead the Musical show. Yes, those plastic covers were more than necessary.

Random graffiti. I like the amount of effort that went into this.

The only thing funny about the movie Norbitt.

A jellyfish! One wonders the motivations behind drawing such a creature.

This one's so stupid, it's funny.

Saw this whilst waiting for a haircut. MY BABY IS GAY!

Buddy almost passed out in the back seat of my car.

Another buddy passed out. Yes, that's a teardrop on his cheek and a penis with wings on his forehead.

And finally....

Someone decided to take a shit up against the wall of the train station. As of this morning, the deuce is still there.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-04-2007 09:08:45 PM
I'd let this thread die, but I saw something that I had to share.

Wall Deuce 2: Deuce Harder

Here you can note the piles at the bottom of the initial contact points.

And this is why I love commuting to Manhattan, and yet I hate commuting to Manhattan.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 04-04-2007 10:48:43 PM
Do you get strange looks as you stop to take pictures of human shit?
Ryuujin
posted 04-04-2007 11:00:18 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Alidane:
Do you get strange looks as you stop to take pictures of human shit?

You've never been to New York City have you?

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 04-05-2007 06:59:40 AM
I feel a series coming on

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-05-2007 08:43:00 AM
Funny you should say that, because there was a third deuce on the wall today! I'm not taking a picture of it, though, because now it's starting to get played out.

Beer.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-05-2007 08:59:53 AM
Cool pictures!

I still haven't figured out how to get the images on my phone onto my PC. It only works the other way round.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-05-2007 09:33:51 AM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Tarquinn all over myself!
Cool pictures!

I still haven't figured out how to get the images on my phone onto my PC. It only works the other way round.

Does your phone have a memory card slot? I bought a microSD transflash card with a regular SD card adapter, so I just use my normal card reader to get the pictures.

Beer.

Tarquinn
posted 04-05-2007 09:39:31 AM
No, unfortunately not. Just its onboard (onphone?) memory.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-05-2007 09:54:02 AM
quote:
And now, we sprinkle Tarquinn liberally with Old Spice!
No, unfortunately not. Just its onboard (onphone?) memory.

Check with the phone's vendor; they might have a USB adapter/software kit. Failing that, you could always email the pictures to your gmail or something from the phone.

Beer.

Tarquinn
posted 04-05-2007 10:01:20 AM
No USB or direct PC connection possible, the only way is bluetooth, I'm afraid.

This actually works fine as long as I move stuff from the PC to the phone, but if I try the other direction, I get a device not found error, or something like that. Perhaps my new Vista PC will solve that problem, but even if not, I doubt that my four years old phone takes good pictures anyway, so I can live without them.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 04-05-2007 01:34:41 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Captain Planet:
Funny you should say that, because there was a third deuce on the wall today! I'm not taking a picture of it, though, because now it's starting to get played out.

It all comes down to who makes the bigger deuce.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-05-2007 01:43:23 PM
Oh, it's a monster, too. It looks like whoever did this stood about four feet away and just sprayed chocolate pudding and corn kernels everywhere. It was just a little disgusting.

Beer.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-05-2007 01:57:35 PM
You could totally blog it and call it the Daily Deuce.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-05-2007 02:07:35 PM
At this rate, I totally could. I'm afraid that this guy or girl is going to start deucing elsewhere, as they are rapidly running out of clean wall.

Beer.

Ryuujin
posted 04-07-2007 04:10:28 AM
We've all been there though; Gone into a public restroom, one stall is totally trashed, so we go to the next one.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-07-2007 03:36:51 PM
quote:
Ryuujin said:
We've all been there though; Gone into a public restroom, one stall is totally trashed, so we go to the next one.

If it's a totally empty place and you're, like, the only person there at 2am or something then use the ladies. The ladies is always bloody spotless.

Just remember to run out and use the sinks in the gents.

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 04-07-2007 03:47:00 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about the Spice Girls:
If it's a totally empty place and you're, like, the only person there at 2am or something then use the ladies. The ladies is always bloody spotless.

Just remember to run out and use the sinks in the gents.

I worked in a grocery store for a while when I was younger and my experience was always the opposite. While the men's room would have isolated instances of disgustingness - I.E. somebody creating art on the walls with shit as a medium - the women's room was more consistently gross. Cleaning up after Mount Crapatoa is one thing, but the deranged game of Minesweeper in which you had to guess which little toilet paper wad left on the floor of the women's room contained a soggy feminine hygeine product is an entirely different experience.

Arttemis fucked around with this message on 04-07-2007 at 03:47 PM.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-07-2007 11:08:34 PM
Yeah, the women's rooms are a million times more disgusting than the men's rooms.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 04-08-2007 01:42:00 PM
Yeah, at my work the men's would always smell like urine no matter what, but it was really the women's bathroom that was actually dirty most of the time.

There were constantly little torn up strips of toilet paper everywhere. Not wrapping up the products, like Artty had problems with, but just the torn up shreds. It was like they were nesting in there or something.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: