EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So, the BSG season finale was tonight.
Greenlit
posted 03-26-2007 02:45:45 AM
Skaw
posted 03-26-2007 04:03:13 AM
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-26-2007 07:51:48 AM
I have to wait until after work tonight when I can watch it.. This is going to be such a loooong day.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-26-2007 02:06:26 PM
so awesome.

Find me that song.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-26-2007 02:07:49 PM
Only good thing about that episode was Apollo's rant, imo!
Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-26-2007 02:10:56 PM
quote:
That damn dirty Bajah rudely interrupted me to say;

No YOU shut up

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 03-26-2007 02:38:33 PM
So Hendrix is the Cylon god?
What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 03-26-2007 02:54:47 PM
Hendrix didn't write that.

BOB DYLAN DID.

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 03-26-2007 03:00:51 PM
I Tigh
Greenlit
posted 03-26-2007 03:27:54 PM
quote:
Bajah wrote this stupid crap:

Well you're an asshat.

That was the best season finale of any show I've ever seen.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-26-2007 03:53:22 PM
what song was that at the end?
Greenlit
posted 03-26-2007 04:04:54 PM
The song? All Along the Watchtower.

The cover was done specifically to make it sound like a poppy song that belongs in the Battlestar universe, as opposed to our own.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-26-2007 07:46:27 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Greenlit!
Well you're an asshat.

Seconded. When everyone met in that airlock, I mind was blown away. Oh, and Starbuck at the end there was a nice little twist.

edit: Badger.

Lechium fucked around with this message on 03-26-2007 at 07:50 PM.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Talonus
Loner
posted 03-26-2007 08:10:06 PM
The last fifteen minutes alone made up for the mediocre episodes we had this season. Damn the wait till fucking 2008.

Also, Tigh and Chief being cyclons does not make sense. Tigh fought in the first cyclon war and Chief had a kid. Neither make sense unless there's some mindfuck going on or they're ignoring the continuity.

Talonus fucked around with this message on 03-26-2007 at 08:13 PM.

Greenlit
posted 03-26-2007 08:30:38 PM
I think we can stop using spoilers.

Little baby Tyrol is the unique inconsistency regarding the Final Four; Tigh and Anders both have a history corroborated by other people, but that's explained by simply saying the Final Five have been in place that long, and are free to have their own motives, like Athena. Anders chose to play ball, Tigh went military, that's it.

I'm not addressing Starbuck because fuck Starbuck. She's not necessarily one of the Five; she could just be something else altogether, given her childhood visions and being the only one of whom we've seen blood relation. Not to mention her involvement with the Human farm and Leoven.

Greenlit fucked around with this message on 03-26-2007 at 08:31 PM.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-26-2007 08:34:18 PM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about dark elf butts:
Leoven.

Heh, Leoven.

And I must say it was a little surprising to hear Baltar being found not guilty. Though the shitstorm that is going to follow will be nothing short of ripping the fleet apart.

Greenlit
posted 03-26-2007 08:36:32 PM
quote:
Lechium enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
ripping the fleet apart.

You don't think the massive fuck-off Cylon fleet will beat them to it?

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-26-2007 09:20:35 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Greenlit said:
You don't think the massive fuck-off Cylon fleet will beat them to it?

Good point. Maybe the Galactica will just nuke the fuck out of them, or try and run and hide in the nebula and maybe just a few ships will go down. Or maybe biological warfare on their asses, or try to buy some time offering Hera and Six back.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 03-27-2007 12:00:11 AM
quote:
Greenlit obviously shouldn't have said:

You're an asshat.

"Sorry Sonny, I ain't your momma."

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 03-27-2007 06:25:09 AM
I have an odd theory that I am sure some people will blast me for.

The Cylons do not talk about the Final 5. Of course they have never told os why and may not even know themselves. It could be Hard coded into them. Is it possible that there was some sort of split or even Cylon civil war at one point in the past? My theory is that these Cylon models and probably the fleet facing down the Galactica are not aggressive against the humans. At least not at this point.

I don't think they are "good guys" by any means, but I think their motives are different from the main Cylons we have seen so far and they may help the humans to an extent.

*shrugs* It is just a theory. Who knows.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-27-2007 08:02:04 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Snoota said this:
You're an asshat.

"Sorry Sonny, I ain't your momma."

"We're gonna find out who did this. and we're gonna kill him."

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 03-27-2007 10:31:47 AM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about the Spice Girls:

I don't think they are "good guys" by any means, but I think their motives are different from the main Cylons we have seen so far and they may help the humans to an extent.

Weren't those the three Basestars that fired at the Raptor that stayed behind to see if they were being followed?

Does how does everyone think the Basestars will be affected by the Nebula?
If all of the colonial fleet was affected should not that give the colonials a chance to strike first and blow up at least one of the Basestars?

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Greenlit
posted 03-27-2007 01:50:34 PM
quote:
New Age Bane wrote this stupid crap:
If all of the colonial fleet was affected should not that give the colonials a chance to strike first and blow up at least one of the Basestars?

The last time the Adamas went up against three Basestars they had to sacrifice a whole Battlestar to survive.

They do not have a spare Battlestar this time.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 03-27-2007 01:54:30 PM
quote:
If Greenlit was a glacier, they'd be a fast one:
The last time the Adamas went up against three Basestars they had to sacrifice a whole Battlestar to survive.

They do not have a spare Battlestar this time.

The last time the Adamas went up against three basestars they only had skeleton crews on each battlestar and had to get past the basestars and hold position over a planet for 45 minutes while being bashed to pieces to give the colonists time to evacuate.

This is hardly the same situation.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-27-2007 02:14:25 PM
quote:
Blindy. thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
The last time the Adamas went up against three basestars they only had skeleton crews on each battlestar and had to get past the basestars and hold position over a planet for 45 minutes while being bashed to pieces to give the colonists time to evacuate.

This is hardly the same situation.

So twenty minutes with an older battlestar, yet it has full personel and you expect it to survive? I dunno like Saul said it would take a full three months in dry dock just to bang out the dents, and I don't think the Galactica could take another beating like it did last time.

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 03-27-2007 04:01:09 PM
Why couldn't Tigh be one of the final five? I mean, it makes sense that the final five would be a great deal older than the new models, otherwise someone would have memories of them. It's possible that the project to create human-cylons was in place before the war; we just don't know anything about that time period. Hell, we don't even know that it was the Cylons who initiated the project, for all we know it was a top secret military project from before the war.

Just ramblin' though. I didn't recognize the song until the chief started humming it.

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 03-27-2007 10:15:33 PM
Here is a theory I've seen popping up more often as of late.

They appear to have started with clues that Earth may be the home of the human cylons. If you think about it, Earth's resurrection locations would be more capable then the ships. That would lead one to think that Starbuck could have resurrected on Earth since they appear close now. Which explains how she got there after blowing the hell up. In addition to that, plague was created by the Earth colony. The trigger song for the Final Four ( 5th already being revealed as Starbuck ) points more toward Earth. And most of all, we don't know what the Cylon homeworld is.

It may end up totally off but I think this has some merit.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-28-2007 07:49:57 AM
quote:
Pesco got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Here is a theory I've seen popping up more often as of late.

They appear to have started with clues that Earth may be the home of the human cylons. If you think about it, Earth's resurrection locations would be more capable then the ships. That would lead one to think that Starbuck could have resurrected on Earth since they appear close now. Which explains how she got there after blowing the hell up. In addition to that, plague was created by the Earth colony. The trigger song for the Final Four ( 5th already being revealed as Starbuck ) points more toward Earth. And most of all, we don't know what the Cylon homeworld is.

It may end up totally off but I think this has some merit.

That's a pretty good theory, and I agree to it to an extent. There's not much to speculate on, really. We don't know whether or not the Final Five can be resurrected at all, but we don't know that we can't. And yeah, they've always eluded to the cylon homeworld but never go into discussion. Even on the podcast with Eick on season two Downloaded he talks a little about the home world but nothing to in depth.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 03-28-2007 08:52:05 PM
But haven't the Cylons stated that they can't find Earth either and need the same clues the humans do to get there.
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 03-28-2007 11:47:23 PM
Edward James Olmos was in Blade Runner.
Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 03-29-2007 02:34:20 PM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about Captain Planet:
But haven't the Cylons stated that they can't find Earth either and need the same clues the humans do to get there.

May be they are lying? Or maybe they are trying to get to Earth because it is home to a faction of Cylons that don't want to kill humans and the evil cylons are trying to destroy the Final Five? Who knows, this series loves to fuck with your head after all

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 03-29-2007 03:49:56 PM
Fair enough. I was disappointed with some of this last season but this damn well made up for it.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-29-2007 05:02:59 PM
In honor of this show, I have made a new icon. (omg credit me if you stealz it)

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-29-2007 08:41:44 PM
quote:
Pesco said:
Who knows, this series loves to fuck with your head after all

It's all getting a bit too odd for my tastes.

Would be more fun if they were being used as pawns in the War of the Heavens, like in the original series, when the Cylons became evil because they were persuaded to be that way by the single evil super-advanced alien (their god) when he was cast out by the good ones (the colonial gods).

That's how it was in the original series anyway. It'd make more sense rather than this visions-r-us mumbo jumbo bullshit.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-30-2007 01:46:16 AM
1. Someone find us that song.

2. I must have missed some piece of dialogue, but how exactly did the four come to the conclusion: music in our heads = OMFGZ we are Cylons!

3. Baltar lives! (As if there ever was a doubt.)

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-30-2007 02:55:35 AM
By the way.. is everyone completely missing the fact that Starbuck appears to have returned in the exact same colonial viper that EXPLODED?

I feel like the writers are making it up as they go along, while high. Either that or Adama is hallucinating.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-30-2007 04:09:22 AM
Actually.. the more I think about what I said before the more it's starting to make sense. The evidence fits, but it's still speculation until the new season actually airs. Hear me out.

In the War of the Heavens from the original series the good aliens (the colonial gods) travelled around in this giant crystal ship that could appear and disappear again pretty much anywhere and was impervious to scanners. The inside of it was all glowing white and looked.. kind of like an opera hall and was vastly bigger inside than it looked from the outside. They could give people visions and steer them to do certain acts. They could also completely regenerate a dead person from the cell-level upwards. The aspect from the original series that most interests me is that their ship also caused a major and rapid power drain in the area where it appeared, with systems returning to normal when it vanished again. The only way to get a good look at it was with the naked eye.

In the new series, Starbuck appeared right after the power drain.

Hmmmmmm.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-30-2007 04:34:37 AM
ITT Mortious posts 3 times in a row.

I was bored so I dusted off my original series BSG DVD's and tooks some pics from the episode in question.

1. The good aliens/colonial gods ship.

2. Count Iblis (sp?) becoming royally pissed off and killing Apollo. The Count is the Cylon god in disguise apparently. He goes to speak to Baltar in his prison cell and Baltar recognises his voice, because the Cylon Imperious Leader is programmed to use the very same voice.

3. Starbuck wakes up on board the alien/colonial gods ship.

4. Turns out that the bad guy broke some cosmic rule in taking Apollo's life, so the good guys chased him off then nabbed the whole bunch of them and brought him back to life.

nem-x
posted 03-30-2007 04:54:31 AM
Blackened
posted 03-30-2007 05:29:27 AM
Interesting theory, Mort. However, I would be very surprised if BSG turned into a "War of the Heavens" type situation. It seems too retro to fit in well with the new setting. Part of me wants to believe it, because that same part of me also wants an answer to the hallucinated Six/Baltars that show up. It would also explain the sudden power outage the Colonial Fleet experienced after the jump.

Still feels unlikely. Not to mention, they could easily write out twenty very acceptable reasons why the afore things happened, anyway. They wouldn't need divine intervention to set things right in the plot.

Regarding the final five: One theory I read is that these Cylon models were created long ago with the sole purpose to help humanity and possibly help lead them to Earth. This idea currently fits in well, seeing now who the final five are. Also with this theory it was mentioned that Starbuck has now become the Arrow of Apollo and is going to direct him on the proper path or some such. This, I feel, is also likely.

I imagine Season 4 is going to open with an intense battle between the Human and Cylon fleets while Starbuck gives Apollo some vague clue as to where he should be heading next. Apollo returns to the fleet with the information, and Starbuck fades off into Mystery-land again. The season will progress steadily, following the lives of the Final 4 Cylons still with the fleet, and how they react to this new information. Baltar will find himself in a similar boat, except with some sort of freaky hot women cult pandering to his every needs.

Season 4 will end with Lee and Bill having made up, the Final 4 realizing what their true purpose is, and Roslin will be FUCKING DEAD FROM CANCER. Because the last episode of Season 4 will be them finding Earth. And then there's a slight chance the entire show will end there.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: