EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Environmentalism goes Big Business
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-20-2007 03:06:46 PM
Investors controlling $4 TRILLION in assets call on Congress to tackle global warming.

Some of the names on their statement are surprising.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 03-20-2007 07:43:11 PM
No shit. Just about all of the business CEOs on there stand to lose their company some major money if this actually goes anywhere.

Of course, I got tired of the pretentious bullshit about half-way through the second paragraph, so I dunno, I may have missed something that will make it okay for those companies involved to keep polluting as long as everyone else doesn't.

Maradon!
posted 03-20-2007 08:16:03 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Mooj who doth quote:
No shit. Just about all of the business CEOs on there stand to lose their company some major money if this actually goes anywhere.

They stand to lose even more if half of humanity is underwater, too.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-21-2007 04:54:17 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Maradon! wrote:
They stand to lose even more if half of humanity is underwater, too.

Wait, aren't you in the "global warming is bullshit" camp?

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Skaw
posted 03-21-2007 05:03:23 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Tarquinn wrote:

I think Maradon believes it to be real, but thinks that humans being the sole cause is the bullshit part.

Maradon!
posted 03-21-2007 11:32:49 AM
quote:
Tarquinning:

What skaw said.

We know for a fact that humans are not the sole cause of global warming. We know for a fact that the planet goes through cyclical climate change, and we know for a fact that the planet is currently in an upswing.

It's not a question of whether humans are the sole cause of global warming - we know they aren't. Rather, it's a question of the degree to which humans are causing global warming.

This line of reasoning is probably the most rational one possible, but apparently is unsatisfying to the various camps of people "vested" in global warming.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 03-21-2007 at 11:34 AM.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 03-24-2007 01:35:17 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Maradon!!
What skaw said.

We know for a fact that humans are not the sole cause of global warming. We know for a fact that the planet goes through cyclical climate change, and we know for a fact that the planet is currently in an upswing.

It's not a question of whether humans are the sole cause of global warming - we know they aren't. Rather, it's a question of the degree to which humans are causing global warming.

This line of reasoning is probably the most rational one possible, but apparently is unsatisfying to the various camps of people "vested" in global warming.

Gasp...

I agree with Maradon!

Not the sole cause, but had a helping hand to some degree or another.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: