EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Small unit combat tactics
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 03-17-2007 11:28:28 AM
So I'm researching combat tactics, specifically between a pair of small groups/units and such situations as opposed to gigantic battle strategies.

We've got a few military people, some history buffs, and a few reenactment buffs. What kinda stuff you guys know on it, and where can I get more info?

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 03-17-2007 12:26:35 PM
I like to use 2 firebats, 2 medics and 8 marines per group. Get stimpacks asap.
Greenlit
posted 03-17-2007 01:00:04 PM
A.K.s, while good in a raider party, have no use in a later game strike force. You have their big brother the Zeus - not to mention the Can or Pyro - to fill in as front-line fodder. A mix of Morties and Dominators work perfectly for artillery support; Mortie in a faster party, Dominator in a slower. Tie it all up with repair/reclaim/revive like a Necro or Decoy Commander and you'll be golden.

I'd recommend a 4:2:1 ratio on frontline to artillery to support. And don't forget to have Rapiers or Vamps nearby and queued up for air operations if necessary.

Don't bother using Gimps on a naval map. They're woefully insufficient compared to ARM's equivalent, the Pelican. Nor should you ever build Freakers. They're little more than mobile debris.

Greenlit fucked around with this message on 03-17-2007 at 01:00 PM.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 03-17-2007 02:58:15 PM
IMT advance + support by fire = win.
nem-x
posted 03-17-2007 03:03:42 PM
BAR'd riflmen and AT paradrops are kind of unstoppable
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-17-2007 09:25:02 PM
If you find the One Ring before they do, Sauron can devastate an army all on his own.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-17-2007 09:38:28 PM
Minigunners.

By the hundredsthousands.

Zaile Ghostmaker
You've gotta remember, I'm an EverQuest character.
posted 03-17-2007 10:27:56 PM
Master the Dragoon class for the Ignore Height movement ability.
I find that most problems can be solved by excessive violence.

It is held in thought
only by the understanding
of the Wind.

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 03-17-2007 11:50:35 PM
Build a couple of Knights with mounted archers for support and move in with ballistas and kats to take out any infantry. Us the ballistas as your attack an when you have taken down the walls dismount the Knights and go in for the win.

Remember to have a siege tent near by to have reinforcements readily available.

SPELLCHECK is a four letter word.
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 03-19-2007 01:37:30 AM
CC the healers, kill the DPS.
Blackened
posted 03-19-2007 01:44:11 AM
Step 1: pew pew

Step 2: loot

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-20-2007 09:01:43 AM
Speaking of pew, Confucious say:

"Man who fart in church is fucking disgusting and he should've held it until after the service."

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 03-20-2007 10:09:02 AM
"If you take sexual advantage of that girl you will burn in a very special place in Hell. A place reserved for child molesters and people who talk at the theater"
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 03-20-2007 04:52:23 PM
And don't forget "People who drive slow in the fast lane".

Those fuckers need to burn in an extra hot corner in hell.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Boss
Pancake
posted 03-20-2007 07:04:55 PM
Generally, I use the tactic "kill them before they kill me." It works well.
Demos
Pancake
posted 03-20-2007 07:53:49 PM
I usually tech straight up to vehicles/cavalry. They tend to overrun most infantry with the exception of pikemen.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: