EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Vacation destinations, see?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-06-2007 02:55:08 PM
So I've been thinking about what my vacation will entail this year. Because of work, my wife will not be able to take any time off in May or June. Consequently, she and her coworkers are planning some sort of group vacation in July, like a cruise or something. Since I don't particularly want to partake in this total vagfest, I'm looking forward to taking my own vacation this year.

I have a couple ideas in mind, but I'm open to pretty much anything. One of my stranger ideas was to take a trip to Canada, specifically to drive the Dempster Highway between Dawson and Inuvik. I think it'd be a neat feather in my hat to have driven across the Arctic Circle, in addition to have driven to the "end of the road," as well as being able to appreciate the subarctic climate in its full summer glory. Similarly, I could take the Dalton Highway in Alaska from Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay, which, on top of all the other stuff, would allow me to dip my toes in the Arctic Ocean. The main issue with this, then, would be the legality of renting a car and driving it on these highways(some rental companies don't want you to do this), as well as finding a traveling companion to ameliorate the cost somewhat. So, there's that.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, another option is to go the Keys with a couple of buddies and visit the in-laws. The advantage to this is that I'll be vacationing in a subtropical climate, with my friends, and all we'll do is lie out in the sun and get drunk. I mean, that's a pretty sweet vacation. Plus, my in-laws like me and I like them, so it'd be a funtastic time.

So, those are the two main ideas. Anyone else have an idea? I can afford a couple grand if need be, so don't be bashful when suggesting locales/activities.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-06-2007 02:57:20 PM
tour america on a motorcycle

let the wind blow through your hair and be one with yourself

it'll be ace

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-06-2007 03:36:01 PM
And smoke a turd while wearing a cowboy hat?

Maybe I'll visit Parce and we'll pretend to be a gay couple.

Yes...pretend.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 03-06-2007 11:20:37 PM
Dunno if you're into outdoor sports much, but if you are look into white water rafting in West Virginia.

I did it last year with a couple buddies and had an absolute blast.

http://www.aceraft.com/

Jackson Hole in Wyoming also makes for a great vacation with some buddies.

http://www.yellowstoneparknet.com/gateway_communities/jackson_hole_wyoming.php

Reynar fucked around with this message on 03-06-2007 at 11:21 PM.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-07-2007 01:42:35 AM
Germany, fool.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-07-2007 01:54:36 AM
Come to Arizona and it will BE YOUR LAST...vacation...ever...you get what I'm sayin'.
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 03-07-2007 02:43:12 AM
Last April I went over to Cuba for a week. It was a tremendously enjoyable experience, thoguh something definitely aided by the fact that I was there with a whole bunch of other people. I don't know that I'd want to go on the Alaska trip and such, it's cold enough here, I don't want more. Going down to the Keys sounds nice though, especially since you know people there; it'll be chill as hell and not near as remote.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 03-07-2007 08:59:58 AM
Columbia!

Where you can live like a king for 100 American dollars, though the most important: Where you can get an open bar for 8 bucks American!

Only draw backs, not speaking the language oh and you may get kidnapped by some left wing radical group trying to bring Marxism to the country.

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Ares
posted 03-07-2007 10:30:22 AM
I'm going to the Mayan Riveria beginning of May, I'm excited as hell since I've never gone on a trip.

So... I can't really suggest any place to go.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 03-07-2007 12:02:53 PM
Come to Oklahoma and get hammered with me.

I can't get into any clubs or any cool shit like that, but hey, hammered is hammered.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-07-2007 12:51:49 PM
I'm going camping in June! At.. erm... place outside of St Louis. Forget the name, but I think it's named after an alcohol. It's off the Meramac River! I'm gonna do a 10 mile rowing stint, woo!
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-07-2007 12:56:44 PM
London can be pretty nice at that time of year, depending if you're already been or not. Not really a place to go on your own though, much better with a bunch of mates.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-07-2007 12:59:11 PM
I hear Americans get harrassed and molested in London, since you all hate our freedoms.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-07-2007 01:02:52 PM
I was in London 8 years ago in April, and it was a lot of fun. If I were going back to Europe, though, it'd be to Germany (probably Berlin).

Beer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-07-2007 01:07:48 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Karnaj was all like:
I was in London 8 years ago in April, and it was a lot of fun. If I were going back to Europe, though, it'd be to Germany (probably Berlin).

I was there roughly the same time, that was before the rumblings of police state-ism, the Iraq War and the chav epidemic.

Also, when I went, the flight messed bad with my bowels and I couldn't poop for three days.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-07-2007 02:25:22 PM
I ate some fine British cuisine and was vomiting for three days straight. But I still had a pretty good time doing the nauseous tourist thing.

Beer.

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 03-07-2007 02:29:14 PM
"British" and "cuisine" don't go together. There's no such thing
Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-08-2007 08:25:22 AM
quote:
Vernaltemptress said:
"British" and "cuisine" don't go together. There's no such thing

Fish and chips.

Mm-mm-mm, healthy.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-08-2007 08:36:59 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Tron:

I feel obliged to show you my part of Germany. Don't make me hijack your plane.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: