EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What are you excited about?
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-05-2007 10:40:27 PM
What's approaching that has you giddy?

For me, it's the upcoming half-naked Greek man goodness that's coming in two mighty, flowing spurts.

300 opens this Friday and I'm desperate to find an IMAX to see it at. I'll fucking spooge if I manage to find one, but even without it, I'll fucking spooge. I'll spooge greatly...like, in waterfalls. In your eyes.

God of War 2 comes out on the 14th. For a game with very little hype going on, I'm really excited about it. They went from a lack of impressive footage to "holy shit, he's tearing wings off a gryphon" in nothing flat. I've got no reason to be anything but excited.

I'm moving soon, to a nice little house with two bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen with a fucking DISHWASHER, and a washer-dryer. Most importantly, it has a cool little backyard for my awesome little puppies.

I want a next gen console and I'm not sure which one to get. The Wii has Zelda, but it's hard to find. The 360, I want to try Gears of War and Guitar Hero 2, but I can't find anything else that's jiving.

So what are you excited for?

CBTao
Pancake
posted 03-05-2007 10:43:14 PM
Same as you 300, and GoW2, which coincides with 300 so nicely, it will be a very spartan week.

I'm looking foreward to the great st. patties day pub crawl down in the college drinking district of Columbia, SC, where I plan to get shitfaced on Guinness and try to get into a few girls pants.

Then its hohum time until end of may.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 03-05-2007 10:49:11 PM
I will be 20 on Saturday!
Mightion Defensor
posted 03-05-2007 10:50:45 PM
While goofing off between calls, I discovered that the old Bullfrog game Theme Park is being released for the Nintendo DS on the 20th of this month.

I had the DOS version from when I got my P-75, but by the time I'd upgraded it to 166 mhz, it was too fast to play even at the slowest speed. Also, it got really buggy and glitchy when your park got big. Having a hopefully non-buggy handheld version will be well worth the $30.

I'm also looking forward to finally hopefully finishing scrounging up gold for my epic flying mount in World of Warcraft, and can get back to instances/key parts and such.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 03-05-2007 10:50:46 PM
The 360 also has Crackdown out which is a fairly enjoyable game

List of shit coming out this year for the 360 that I'm excited about:
Armored Core 4
Army of Two (if it makes it this year)
Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Forza 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Guitar Hero 2
Halo 3
Mass Effect
Shadowrun
Spiderman 3
Star Wars The Force Unleashed
Stuntman: Ignition
Unreal Tournament 3 (I am not upgrading my PC for this)
Virtua Fighter 5 (maybe!)

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 03-05-2007 10:54:11 PM
Toga party on wednesday!

Yes!

Skaw
posted 03-05-2007 10:57:15 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Kegwen said:
Unreal Tournament 3 (I am not upgrading my PC for this)

Depends for me. The jury is still out on wether or not the 360 will support mods. Epic wants it to, and is fairly sure it will, but Microsoft hasn't given the final say yet.

Maradon!
posted 03-05-2007 11:08:41 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Skaw who doth quote:
Depends for me. The jury is still out on wether or not the 360 will support mods. Epic wants it to, and is fairly sure it will, but Microsoft hasn't given the final say yet.

Why does MS have to be such tremendous cum-guzzling assholes about mods? First they fucked over the 360 Oblivion now this. Even worse, Live! is probably the best possible environment through which to host user created content... I don't know what the issue is. Sure, it's a lot of bandwidth, but Fileplanet does more hosting - both game and file - at about the same monthly rate.

I have to tell you, if anything could sway someone off the fence about upgrading from that silver account, a whole world of user content could.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 03-05-2007 at 11:10 PM.

Gadani
U
posted 03-05-2007 11:23:06 PM
  • Some friends and I are going to see 300 Friday night after work.
  • My girlfriend and I are going to see the school production of Grease (which has a bunch of my good friends in it) Tuesday night.
  • God of War 2
  • I just found some Shrimp Etouffee to eat!!

Gadani fucked around with this message on 03-05-2007 at 11:29 PM.

• Mr. Gainsborough
    posted 03-05-2007 11:56:11 PM
  • The 300 (3/9)
  • My Birthday (3/23)
  • Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (4/23)
  • Moving into an apartment with Cysa maybe (hopefully, and unconfirmed)
  • Falaanla Marr
    I AM HOT CHIX
    posted 03-06-2007 12:36:04 AM
    300 is coming out! That's #1 for me.

I graduate from College on May 7th! That's #2!

I get my new laptop in a few weeks!

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 03-06-2007 at 12:40 AM.

Alaan
    posted 03-06-2007 01:31:42 AM
    quote:
    We were all impressed when Maradon! wrote:
    Why does MS have to be such tremendous cum-guzzling assholes about mods? First they fucked over the 360 Oblivion now this. Even worse, Live! is probably the best possible environment through which to host user created content... I don't know what the issue is. Sure, it's a lot of bandwidth, but Fileplanet does more hosting - both game and file - at about the same monthly rate.

I have to tell you, if anything could sway someone off the fence about upgrading from that silver account, a whole world of user content could.

I'd guess raging paranoia about user written code on their system.

Alidane
    Urinary Tract Infection
    posted 03-06-2007 06:05:02 AM
    After nearly two years of development, final integration for my satellite is on Wednesday. Launch is on March 27th. It's great to be almost done with it, although operations will likely be pretty taxing as well. There's a bit of a "good riddance" aspect too, as this project was supposed to be done 8 months ago. God, I hope it works.

I'm awaiting a call from Apple sometime this coming week regarding an internship this summer, that's pretty exciting as well.

Karnaj
    Road Warrior Queef
    posted 03-06-2007 06:21:48 AM
    At the risk of breaking the record, I say 300, as well. More than that, though, my wife's on vacation all next week, so I get to sit around in my underwear, scratch my balls, and play video games for a week straight. So I got that going for me.
    That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tarquinn
    Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
    posted 03-06-2007 06:26:39 AM
    300 looks boring to me. I don't get all the hype.

Nothing I am excited about right now.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
    Skaw
    posted 03-06-2007 06:27:45 AM
    quote:
    Karnaj thought about the meaning of life:
    At the risk of breaking the record, I say 300, as well. More than that, though, my wife's on vacation all next week, so I get to sit around in my underwear, scratch my balls, and play video games for a week straight. So I got that going for me.

What was stopping you before? If you hear any lip, just give her the "One of these days, Alice.." and she'll back down.

Faelynn LeAndris
    Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
    posted 03-06-2007 07:07:31 AM
    300 as well, although I'll probably miss it like I have a few other movies I wanted to see.

Not much on the game front, cept God of War 2. The only things aside from that I'm interested in right now are too far off yet (Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising) or held in obscurity (F-ING SPORE!)... So for now I just make do with Guild Wars...

Faelynn LeAndris fucked around with this message on 03-06-2007 at 07:24 AM.

My LAUNCHCast Station
    "Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
    I got lost for an hour and became god.
    Falaanla Marr
    I AM HOT CHIX
    posted 03-06-2007 08:33:50 AM
    quote:
    The logic train ran off the tracks when Karnaj said:

Vacations are fun. I'm on Spring Break myself. I took the week off from work and am just relaxing around the house. In my underwear scratching my balls no less.

Aaron (the good one)
    posted 03-06-2007 10:14:51 AM
    I'm excited that my vision is starting to come back now.
    Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
    I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
    Vorago
    A completely different kind of Buckethead
    posted 03-06-2007 10:57:43 AM
    New Dresden Files Novel - Wednesday, "White Night", been aching to read it for a good 9 months now, I freaking can't wait
    (Shame the TV show of the same name is very, very disappointing as a fan of the books)

300 - Friday, well duh, sadly the only Imax is a 4 hours drive away

God Of War 2 - It is the 14th? I just did a quick check but I keep seeing the 13th as the release date, maybe I'm just seeing old info

Densetsu
    NOT DRYSART
    posted 03-06-2007 11:04:08 AM
    quote:
    Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as Vorago!

God Of War 2 - It is the 14th? I just did a quick check but I keep seeing the 13th as the release date, maybe I'm just seeing old info

14th is probably taking into account that the 13th is the ship date.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
    nem-x
    posted 03-06-2007 11:45:22 AM

nem-x fucked around with this message on 03-06-2007 at 11:46 AM.

LeMiere
    posted 03-06-2007 03:39:59 PM
    300 at IMAX then Ren Faire. Yey
    Mr. Parcelan
    posted 03-06-2007 05:34:07 PM
    quote:
    LeMiere said this about your mom:
    300 at IMAX then Ren Faire. Yey

Where? I couldn't find an IMAX playing it in Phoenix. We should try to TEAM UP.

Jajahotep
    Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
    posted 03-06-2007 05:38:04 PM
    I'm looking forward to the release of 300, too, but alas my mantoy doesn't have time off until next week so I shan't be seeing it until then.

I'm also looking forward to tearing up my front and back yard in the name of greeny growing goodness and play set building! (okay, I admit, I really enjoy driving Canyonero up the back hill just for kicks).

I live a boring life :/

LeMiere
    posted 03-06-2007 07:20:53 PM
    quote:
    Mr. Parcelan probably says this to all the girls:
    Where? I couldn't find an IMAX playing it in Phoenix. We should try to TEAM UP.

Apparently the AMC 30 Deer Valley will be showing it at their IMAX. It's about a 40 minute drive for me, but it's WORTH IT.

Nicole's looking forward to the dudity. And the heavy metal.

Talonus
    Loner
    posted 03-06-2007 07:31:39 PM
    300 at the Lincoln Square IMAX. Wee!
    Mr. Parcelan
    posted 03-06-2007 08:21:33 PM
    quote:
    When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent LeMiere said:
    Apparently the AMC 30 Deer Valley will be showing it at their IMAX. It's about a 40 minute drive for me, but it's WORTH IT.

Nicole's looking forward to the dudity. And the heavy metal.

Hm. What day and time?

LeMiere
    posted 03-06-2007 09:38:05 PM
    quote:
    Mr. Parcelan had this to say about the Spice Girls:
    Hm. What day and time?

I'm looking to Friday before 5. I haven't planned anything more than that though- I should probably buy tickets in advance just to be safe.

Tegadil
    Queen of the Smoofs
    posted 03-06-2007 10:24:01 PM
    300, of course.

Then a Protomen concert on the 31st

Mr. Parcelan
    posted 03-06-2007 11:33:08 PM
    quote:
    LeMiere had this to say about John Romero:
    I'm looking to Friday before 5. I haven't planned anything more than that though- I should probably buy tickets in advance just to be safe.

I'll be in town on Thursday through Sunday.

KOLLABORATION

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
    I posted in a title changing thread.
    posted 03-07-2007 07:30:05 AM
    quote:
    Kegwen got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:

Armored Core 4

no. Fucking. WAY

AC4? WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS!

oh yeah...muahahahahaha

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
    "All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
    *Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

LeMiere
    posted 03-07-2007 11:21:38 AM
    quote:
    ACES! Another post by Mr. Parcelan:
    I'll be in town on Thursday through Sunday.

KOLLABORATION

Give me a call Thursday night and we'll figure out when I'm going. This morning I have a test in Survey of English Lit. Whoo.

Lazzay
    omg mack attack :(
    posted 03-08-2007 12:45:04 AM
    We're going to see 300 tomorrow at the IMAX in AMC 30, as well.

WE ARE SPARTA!

one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
    Alidane
    Urinary Tract Infection
    posted 03-08-2007 04:51:59 AM
    Satellite is in the P-POD. Time to get drunk and go see 300 on Friday.
    Hayato
    Pancake
    posted 03-08-2007 05:51:42 PM
    Teaming up with Jargum to see 300 this Friday (along with my roomates).
    Stiddy
    Pancake
    posted 03-08-2007 07:05:45 PM
    Are Parce and Lem interested in meeting up with Lazzay and I at the AMC 30 IMAX?
    Mortious
    Gluttonous Overlard
    posted 03-08-2007 07:53:20 PM
    I'm not really excited about much.

Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a frozen day. Every day is exactly the same. You know?

Aaron (the good one)
    posted 03-08-2007 07:58:25 PM
    Start being excited
    Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
    I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
    Mr. Gainsborough
    posted 03-08-2007 07:58:39 PM
    quote:
    Mortious's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
    I'm not really excited about much.

Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a frozen day. Every day is exactly the same. You know?

get out of the hyperbolic time chamber

All times are US/Eastern
    Hop To: