EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-02-2007 07:10:32 AM
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

I swear if they fuck this up I will stab someone. Been waiting for a new Jedi Knight/Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy style game for years. The only thing that could top this would be a new TIE Fighter/X-Wing game.

Mr Lucas is personally overseeing this game, which could be a terribly good thing or a terribly bad thing.. depending on how much he sticks his nose into development. It's most likely going to be used as a springboard for the Star Wars TV series.

But only has consoles listed as the platforms it's being developed for so far. If this doesn't come to PC I'll bang some heads.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-02-2007 07:14:04 AM
The site doesn't have much on it right now, but go to "Game Info" then the new technology thing on the left. Spiffy videos. I like the desperately grasping stormtroopers clinging to each other.
Doomjudge
Pancake
posted 03-02-2007 02:03:41 PM
Far as I've heard it's PS3/Xbox 360 exclusive for the next gen systems. Either or, since I got my 360 my PC just collects dust. =/
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-02-2007 02:05:58 PM
I really loved the lightsaber combat in Outcast. I really hope this delivers what it promises.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-02-2007 03:59:26 PM
quote:
Doomjudge said:
Far as I've heard it's PS3/Xbox 360 exclusive for the next gen systems. Either or, since I got my 360 my PC just collects dust. =/

They released other so-called "console exclusive" games on PC a few months later.

But fuck I'd probably buy a console just for this.

Doomjudge
Pancake
posted 03-03-2007 09:21:13 PM
quote:
Mortious wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
They released other so-called "console exclusive" games on PC a few months later.

But fuck I'd probably buy a console just for this.

Only problem is it's ruined when they port a console game to PC in some cases. I dunno, they seem to insert a lot of suck into the translation.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-03-2007 09:35:03 PM
quote:
Doomjudge said:
Only problem is it's ruined when they port a console game to PC in some cases. I dunno, they seem to insert a lot of suck into the translation.

Some console-to-PC ports are forced to run on inhouse emulators when played on their PC version, so they suck large amounts of ass.

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 03-03-2007 09:55:31 PM
quote:
Doomjudge got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:

*cough*startreklegacy*cough*

Alaan
posted 03-04-2007 02:19:10 AM
Halo ran like an absolute pig and managed to look terrible at the same time on PC.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 03-04-2007 10:11:20 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Alaan!
Halo ran like an absolute pig and managed to look terrible at the same time on PC.

Yeah I was seriously bummed out when I played HALO on PC.

Anyone hear ANYTHING about a KOTOR 3, by the way?

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael fucked around with this message on 03-04-2007 at 10:11 AM.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 03-04-2007 11:30:03 AM
Hey Mort, I hadn't heard anything about a Star Wars TV Series. Granted I don't listen intently, but where did you find this juicy tid bit?
Doomjudge
Pancake
posted 03-04-2007 04:41:21 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about dark elf butts:
Yeah I was seriously bummed out when I played HALO on PC.

Anyone hear ANYTHING about a KOTOR 3, by the way?

Won't be for a while, unless BioWare hands it off again like KOTOR 2. Right now they've got a bunch of games in progress: Dragon Age, Mass Effect, an MMORPG and a new handheld. Unless the "New Next Gen Game" they're working on is KOTOR 3, I think it'll be a while.

P.S. Mass Effect is gonna own!

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 03-05-2007 01:00:53 AM
Last I heard, Bioware is "Willing to do it if Lucasarts wants them to."
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 03-05-2007 07:14:01 AM
Yeah that's about what I heard. Bah. I want the rest of the bloody story.

Least there's the restoration project trying to repair all the stuff in KOTOR 2

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: