EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: WH40K MMOG announced
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-02-2007 04:33:58 AM
Link with interview.

Quite nice for those that like the background. I hope that the game will have the same quality as the DoW series.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 03-02-2007 at 04:38 AM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-02-2007 07:05:08 AM
Could it be? Finally a decent sci-fi ground based MMO?
Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 03-02-2007 08:00:48 AM
I'm really, really hoping they don't shit this up. There is no other IP I'd rather see made into an MMO than 40K. The company is new, but it looks like they're mostly ex-NCsoft guys, so they have experience. Really sucks for Mythic if they are able to pull this off, because I think it will pull away some of their player base.

-H

Damnati
Filthy
posted 03-02-2007 08:28:19 AM
Holy shit, I was just thinking not too long ago how awesome it'd be if there was a 40k MMO. This should be pretty awesome.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Demos
Pancake
posted 03-02-2007 01:31:46 PM
*clank*
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Maradon!
posted 03-02-2007 06:01:41 PM
FUCK YEAH

EXTERMINATUS!

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
posted 03-02-2007 06:10:26 PM
quote:
Maradon! painfully thought these words up:
FUCK YEAH

[xIMG]http://mysite.verizon.net/maradon/worst_spacemarine_ever.jpg[/IMG]

EXTERMINATUS!

Gah! That's got to be one of the most disturbing pictures I've ever seen.

-H

Skaw
posted 03-02-2007 06:25:28 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Hellbender:
Gah! That's got to be one of the most disturbing pictures I've ever seen.

-H

Ofcourse, you're a Texan. Pink is your Kryptonite. For everyone not abhorrant to homosexuals, it's just mildly comical.

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
posted 03-02-2007 06:31:48 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Ofcourse, you're a Texan. Pink is your Kryptonite. For everyone not abhorrant to homosexuals, it's just mildly comical.

You guys refer to me as a faggot and I'm homophobic?

The only thing shitting up this community anymore is this small group of chicken shits who can't let go of some ancient message board drama and grow the fuck up.

-H

Skaw
posted 03-02-2007 06:33:37 PM
quote:
Hellbender painfully thought these words up:
You guys refer to me as a faggot and I'm homophobic?

I'd like you to quote exactly where I've called you a "faggot," or where I've posted a clear fear of you being gay.

Typical Texan smarts itt

Skaw fucked around with this message on 03-02-2007 at 06:34 PM.

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
posted 03-02-2007 06:39:27 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about John Romero:
I'd like you to quote exactly where I've called you a "faggot," or where I've posted a clear fear of you being gay.

Typical Texan smarts itt

[20:44:59] <Skaw> I'm sure Pesco lets his boyfriend use it.

The fact that you didn't use the word faggot is meaningless. The sentiment is there and I know you're smart enough to recognize that. And the fact that you try to discount anyone's points based on what state they live means that A) you don't have a valid point to argue with and B) you're a member of the said group of chicken shits.

-H

Maradon!
posted 03-02-2007 06:47:59 PM
Why the fuck are we calling hellbender a fag now?

The picture is disturbing because space marines are the ultimate of all badasses and to see one gussied up like a fairy is bizarre and unsettling.

-Tok

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
posted 03-02-2007 06:49:51 PM
No, no. You're suffering from identity crisis. You need to sign your post with -Mara or some such. In fact, I think MORE people need to start doing this shit. Seriously, I'm starting to think it's kind of weird with me being the only one doing it and all.

-H

Skaw
posted 03-02-2007 06:51:26 PM
quote:
Hellbender stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
[20:44:59] <Skaw> I'm sure Pesco lets his boyfriend use it.

The fact that you didn't use the word faggot is meaningless. The sentiment is there and I know you're smart enough to recognize that. And the fact that you try to discount anyone's points based on what state they live means that A) you don't have a valid point to argue with and B) you're a member of the said group of chicken shits.

-H

So, using the word "Faggot" or not is meaningless? Any gay member want to step up and agree?

Last I checked, it's a pretty hateful word. Much like nig-ger, jap, or chink. If you want me to not discount you because you're a texan, give me a reason to. So far, you're just stereotyping yourself further.

-H

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 03-02-2007 06:55:58 PM
I kinda wonder how they're going to set the game up. I don't really see the typical wandering adventurer MMO style meshing logically with people playing as Space Marines.

PS. The Rainbow Warriors were a Space Marine chapter back in the RT days.

Skaw
posted 03-02-2007 06:57:57 PM
quote:
Tegadil wrote this stupid crap:
I kinda wonder how they're going to set the game up. I don't really see the typical wandering adventurer MMO style meshing logically with people playing as Space Marines.

PS. The Rainbow Warriors were a Space Marine chapter back in the RT days.

Imperial Guard, the real mans army. No need for medical alterations there!

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
posted 03-02-2007 06:59:26 PM
I don't need to give you a reason, boy-o, because I don't need your validation to certify weather I'm homophobic or not. I've got gay and lesbian friends, some of them I've known my entire life. I'm pretty OK in that department.

The point of the matter, which you guys keep trying to steer the discussion away from, is that these attitudes are what's dwindling the community, not the fact that no one has anything to say. It's predatory behavior, where the goal is to "run off" people who aren't like minded enough, that will kill a community off slowly but surely. If you and Waisz and Batty and whoever else want to sit around and circle jerk with one another about how much Texans suck or whatever else you get your kicks off on, go for it.

But quit bitching and moaning that no one else has anything interesting to say, because that's not really true. It's just that no one wants to put up with your unrelenting bullshit attitudes anytime they say something different than what you like to hear.

-H

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 03-02-2007 07:01:41 PM
[QUOtheigh dosages of Skaw may lead to the following:
Imperial Guard, the real mans army. No need for medical alterations there![/QUOTE]

I meant it more along the lines of being in a military with strict discipline and all. Besides, who wants to play as a single member of the IG? That'd be like playing a gaunt or something

Although, I guess it'd be pretty pimp if you got to play as a Rogue Trader. Spaceship at your disposal, cool hear, and you're not tied down by the military. Most of the time.

Tegadil fucked around with this message on 03-02-2007 at 07:02 PM.

Skaw
posted 03-02-2007 07:05:42 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Hellbender:
crap

quote:
From the book of Tegadil, chapter 3, verse 16:
I meant it more along the lines of being in a military with strict discipline and all. Besides, who wants to play as a single member of the IG? That'd be like playing a gaunt or something

Termagaunts were cool, man.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 03-02-2007 at 07:07 PM.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 03-03-2007 03:50:42 PM
The Grim Future of War

even worse..

Want more proof?

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 03-03-2007 04:30:04 PM
Don't drag me into this, Tok. I have absolutely nothing against Texans as a group. I just watch things and point out interesting...happenstances.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 03-03-2007 10:40:20 PM
It's like black people. Only we get to call each other faggots.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: