EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Vowels
Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-25-2007 11:24:45 AM
Do you have a favorite one?

What is your favorite vowel?

I am sick. When was the last time you were sick? What did you have?

Do you think you could hack it in the military? Have you? WHY NOT?!

What do you think of Maradon? I like Maradon and maybe it's because we're of similar mindsets, but I like his Libertarian views.

How do you think Sean and Black's civil union went? They shot me an invite and even offered to pay my way, but I couldn't make it because of familial issues.

If you haven't yet, you should offer them your congratulations. It's not easy what they're doing and the whole "lol they iz gay" thing probably isn't as hysterical as you think it is.

My grandma died just a week ago. She was 93, mobile, independent and coherent to her final day. By even modern standards, that's pretty neat, don't you think? I think about it a lot.

My next poem is due next week and all I can think of to write about is a boy who goes around wearing his Angry Hat and beating up his neighbors. Is that good? Should I write about something else?

I have a fever. I'm a little delirious.

Ares said it was not right of me to not stop Bloodsage from saying what he said in her thread. This forum is about the free exchange of ideas, though, and without conflict, there can be no progress.

The less apologetic you are about anything, the more people will believe everything you do. If you act as though you are right, people will tend to believe that you are right, no matter what you do, until someone who is even less apologetic steps in and intervenes. This is the key to victory.

That came to me a few days ago.

You ever watch the familial sitcomes of the mid 90s? I was watching Family Matters; they dealt with a lot of serious shit on that show: racism, police brutality, gang shootings, rape, virginity, abstinence. Full House never did that and Step by Step was just poopoo.

See you later.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-25-2007 01:09:46 PM
i have the flu.

and bloodsage is right.

i always liked e. i mean for a vowel, its the bees knees or something. but y does have a certain appeal, but its only a poser vowel.

okay, i need oatmeal.. or cereal. or something, and some coffee, yes coffee, and maybe some water.

i hate the flu.

Willias
Pancake
posted 02-25-2007 01:31:26 PM
I guess my favorite vowel is E. Lots of words have E in it. Or maybe O. Because it's a letter that's just a circle.

I can't remember the last time I was sick, sorry. D:

I probably could hack it in the military, if I really forced myself to. That doesn't mean I want to though. I'm lazy, dislike strenuous activity, and am a fatty.

I think Maradon is cool, as long as you aren't arguing with him. His arguments generally have a point, and usually a good one, but more often than not he comes across as frothing at the mouth, and some of the comparisons he comes up with are usually laughably extreme, making his argument easier to dismiss than if he calmed down and wrote out a well-constructed post. Maradon, if you readin' dis, you need to chill man.

I am extremely happy for the Black and Sean. Congratulations guys.

Sorry about the loss of your grandma dude, and yeah, it's pretty awesome that she was able to handle life by herself to that age. My granddad on my Dad's side suffered a stroke a couple years back, so he's a little crazy now. He's 87. A few days ago, he walked from his house, to a mailbox by a deli a couple miles away, to mail a Publisher Clearing House thing. My grandma freaked an hour after he left and called my parents to find him. We found him like a mile away from his house, still walking, on his way back after already going to the mailbox.

Crazy old man. Gave him a ride home (saved him from having to walk over a pretty big hill, the man was already exhausted), and my grandma spanked him. That was kind of weird.

Other than that, my grandma is suffering back trouble, and my granddad on my mom's side of the family has gone to the emergency room recently due to heart trouble (had fluid built up around his heart). Hopefully he ends up okay.

A poem about a little boy who wears an Angry Hat and beats up people sounds like it could be hilarious. I say go for it.

Take some medicine then.

I don't think Bloodsage's comment was called for, but then again a lot of comments around here aren't called for. So whatev. People are assholes around here, but generally people won't give you shit unless you've done stupid stuff, and have proven to consistently do stupid stuff, or think you're being stupid. What a thread is voted really doesn't matter, so I think Ares was silly for complaining about her thread being voted 1.

I think that might apply to the stupid, but to the people who honestly know their shit... well, if you are proven wrong, you lose a lot of credibility and it can be hard to build it back up. Whereas a guy who is apologetic for errors, and acknowledges that he can be wrong sometimes, will build credibility based on the fact that he is consistently truthful, and when he makes a mistake, won't be looked down upon as much as a guy who acts like he is always right.

I seriously don't watch much TV, nor do I pay much attention to what I'm watching if I watch a show like a 90s family sitcom. So they all kind of... meld together in my mind.

lata mang

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 02-25-2007 02:05:28 PM
I like all the vowels, but not so much as the Welsh. *looks around with shifty eyes* But then again, who does?

I've got the flu too! We've been living on theraflu, sudafed, chloraseptic, ibuprofen, and a whole host of other drugs. It's been a sucky week. I had to reschedule a rather promising job interview due to this crap.

If my idiot ex could handle the military, I'm pretty sure I could. Alas, I do not want to go, so I shall not!

Maradon's a good guy and all. A bit too set in his opinions for someone of his age bracket though!

I'm miffed we didn't get an invite. wtf, guys. We'd have bought them the snazzy china off the registry, too.

My grandma's 93 as we speak! She had a bit of a fall a few weeks ago, and pulled her wheelchair on top of herself. Poor old lady had two black eyes and a fu manchu style bruise. Condolences to you and your family, Parce. I'm glad she was able-bodied and lucid all the way to the gates.

Well, what's the assignment, besides writing a poem? Certain length? I think the Boy and the Angry Hat could prove amusing though.

*nods* Welcome to my last week. It's been sucky.

'Sage should be able to say what he wants. This forum is for free expression of ideas, and if Ares doesn't like it, well, she can ask to have the thread locked, or suck it up and take it as the constructive criticism it was meant as. Artists of all walks need a fairly thick skin. This proves hers needs to be a bit more calloused.
as an aside, I voted the thread crap as well. Ares, you do have some talent, but one style only does not an artist make. Sorry.

okies then. That's way too big a paragraph to read pre-coffee.

I don't remember a lot of 90s television. I was too busy being a snob of the coffee house and arty film sort. It was fun, but way too pretentious, now that I look back.

Bye! Feel better!

Xyrra fucked around with this message on 02-25-2007 at 02:07 PM.

LeMiere
posted 02-25-2007 02:36:54 PM
'A' comes first in my book and yours, bitch.

I had the flu a few months ago. Unless you count migraines- I had one of those last month.

I could hack it in the military; but they wouldn't want me and my gimped left hand.

I like Maradon. He's a funky guy.

I hope their civil union went well. Those two deserve the best. Congratulations, guys.

I think your grandma must have been pretty rad. That's a strong woman.

Good luck with that poem. I think your poem idea is fine- at least it sounds original? I just turned in my 16 page story last week. And a paper on Beowulf. My next story is due in a few weeks.

My girlfriend bought and is playing Monster Rancher 4. She seems to like it a lot. I beat FFVI Advance yesterday. I felt accomplished.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-25-2007 02:41:08 PM
what is wrong with your left hand?

did you abuse it?

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 02-25-2007 02:44:31 PM
I've always liked E. It's a fun vowel.

I am just getting over being sick. It's been a sucky week. Then I had the migraine from hell all day yesterday. I'm ready to be better, damnit.

I doubt I could hack it in the military. :/

I like Maradon. I find him amusing and I appreciate his views on life.

I certainly hope the civil union went well. Everyone deserves happiness, even those two. So, uh yes, congrats.

I think it's great your grandma was able to live so long. I bet she had a lot of great stories of her life to share with you.

Your idea for a poem sounds good. Is it a free-for-all type of topic? Unless you're supposed to write about oppressed unicorns and gray scale rainbows, go for it.

I have yet to view Ares' thread so I can't really comment on what Bloodsage said.

I love the sitcoms from the 90's, save for Saved By the Bell. If all of life's little hiccups could be solved with a school dance, then life wouldn't be so freaking hard. Another good old school series is Degrassi Junior High. It's amazing what they covered on the series that even now is a bit taboo.

Feel better.

LeMiere
posted 02-25-2007 03:12:37 PM
quote:
Trent had this to say about Punky Brewster:
what is wrong with your left hand?

did you abuse it?

I have a tumor around my ulnar nerve on my left arm. It is about 14" long and is thankfully benign. But it has stunted the growth of muscle in my left hand (and arm); I cannot move my fingers horizontally. No "Live, Long and Prosper" hand gestures for me. It also causes what is known as a "claw deformation" in that my fingers curl towards my palm and cannot be straightened (always a bit bent.)

Because of its limited dexterity, I have never been able to take advantage of that "do it with your left hand!" technique. Sad for me. :[

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-25-2007 04:27:18 PM
that sounds very owie bunny.

i take it, it can't be removed?

LeMiere
posted 02-26-2007 12:40:13 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Trent said this:
that sounds very owie bunny.

i take it, it can't be removed?

When I went to go find out everything I could about it, eight years ago, there was only one guy in the world that had an experimental method of treating it. Taking out the nerve altogether and then replacing it with a peripheral nerve in my leg or somesuch crackpot idea like that. I would, with a 2% chance, regain feeling in my arm after two years.

It didn't seem like a worth-while risk.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-26-2007 02:09:28 AM
no no, it doesn't seem quite worth the risk.
Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 02-26-2007 04:58:51 AM
I've always like Y because it keeps you off balance. You never know what to think about it.

I've been sick along with my floor the last week with what appears to be a couple different kinds of colds. I am mostly over it as of Saturday, though.

I'm sure that I could make it in the military if I wanted to, and I considered going to West Point. I'm more cerebral than physical, which I don't see as a problem, but I'm perhaps too stubborn and I have trouble blindly following systems or doing things I don't see reason behind. I *can* do them, but it's possible I would get frustrated.

Maradon seems like a cool fellow most of the time, but I'm not quite sure what to make of his political views, which he applies far too often when he posts, many times to topics where it is maybe only tangentially related. Sometimes he seems like a parody of your standard FreeRepublic idiot, using analogies and examples which are silly bordering absurd, and sometimes he seems reasoned and supported. It seems like he takes the words of very far right demagogues as holy, and I think the system of making ideology more important in a decision rather than reason and fact is dangerous at best.

Congratulations Black and Sean.

My grandma died a couple years ago at 76. Her brain imploded while she was playing a game of bridge, and I miss her and I still feel awful for my grandfather who I talk to far too little.

I've never really liked poetry.

My highest fever is 106. Over 104 you start to get delerious. While I was in bed I couldn't sleep because I thought I was playing an important football game and it was too stressful to sleep through. I imagine next time I am delusional I'll be imagining stressful poker hands.

Bloodsage is brutally honest most of the time, which is respectable. Since it wasn't a flame, and honestly complaining about people voting things 1/5 on the internet is comical, it was certainly ok. It definitely didn't seem out of malice.

I should listen to this. I'm the king of being noncommittal.

Seinfeld and Everybody Love Raymond are the two sitcoms I have ever watched.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-26-2007 09:07:03 AM
My favorite vowel is o, because it sounds nice when womenfolk say that, and nothing else, if you catch my meaning. Also, Snoota is my lover ha ha ha.

Hmmm, last time I was sick was probably in October or so? Some sort of cold, I think. I use mass transit, so my immune system isn't surprised by much.

I could hack it in the military if needed, but I don't think I would, for my wife's sake. Also, if a draft were taken, I'm now old enough that I wouldn't be called up immediately.

I like Maradon because he's very much like me in most regards. Really, our differences in opinion boil down to one basic assumption, in my estimation: he assumes that the average person is pretty smart and pretty decent, and I assume that the average person is pretty stupid and pretty self-serving. Who's correct? ONLY TIME WILL TELL!

I thought Florida banned civil unions? Or did they come up to Vermont, Jersey, or Connecticut to get it done?

93 is very impressive. My grandma was 81, working until a few months before her death, and had 2/3 of one lung left. They sure built 'em Ford tough back in the old days, I'll tell you what.

Write from the perspective of the boy's neighbors. There's all sorts of rich, involved speculation you can do at the boy's motives, and this will leave the reader a bit more to chew on. Also, you could be a bit more didactic this way, which you may or may not like. I like.

Aspirin for the fever, baby. Or cowbell. Whatever.

On most forums, maybe. Problem with 'round these parts is that no one new is coming in, so conflict that inevitably drives others away will only speed its demise. Or rather, its degradation to where the only people left are me, Maradon, and Waisz's blacklisted account.

Actually, the person has to be right to really win. For example, I will chase away any creationist that tries to spout her bullshit, even if she is more unapologetic than I, because I will not relent until she concedes or shuts the fuck up about it for good. It's worked several times in the past.

Well, Full House was groundbreaking in showing that closeted homosexuals like Danny Tanner and Uncles Jesse and Joey aren't automatically pedophiles and can raise well-adjusted children. Step by Step did deal with reproductive rights of the retarded, but you're right; they weren't edgy at all.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Greenlit
posted 02-26-2007 10:24:19 AM
I want to hear more about Lemmy's claw hand.

Greenlit fucked around with this message on 02-26-2007 at 10:25 AM.

nem-x
posted 02-26-2007 12:29:09 PM
quote:
Greenlit got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
I want to hear more about Lemmy's claw hand.

yous be gay!

nem-x fucked around with this message on 02-26-2007 at 12:29 PM.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 02-27-2007 09:46:32 PM
Yes.

the Greek "omicron"--it forces your mouth into the shape of being.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-28-2007 05:27:17 PM
-Do you have a favorite one?
no

-What is your favorite vowel?
n/a

-I am sick. When was the last time you were sick? What did you have?
a few weeks ago I had a pretty bad head cold with drainage.

-Do you think you could hack it in the military? Have you? WHY NOT?!
Probably. Not going to though.

-What do you think of Maradon? I like Maradon and maybe it's because we're of similar mindsets, but I like his Libertarian views.

I think Maradon is self righteous and overly opinionated to the point where he can't see the trees though the forest. Also he thinks I'm a communist, which pisses me off, because I'm not.

-How do you think Sean and Black's civil union went? They shot me an invite and even offered to pay my way, but I couldn't make it because of familial issues.

I wasn't invited.

-If you haven't yet, you should offer them your congratulations. It's not easy what they're doing and the whole "lol they iz gay" thing probably isn't as hysterical as you think it is.

That's news to me.

-My grandma died just a week ago. She was 93, mobile, independent and coherent to her final day. By even modern standards, that's pretty neat, don't you think? I think about it a lot.

I'm sorry to hear that. I have but one grand parent left, and She's had a stroke and lost about 90% of her capacities. I weep at what remains of the strong person she used to be. I have trouble going to see her because this is not the way I want to remember her.

-My next poem is due next week and all I can think of to write about is a boy who goes around wearing his Angry Hat and beating up his neighbors. Is that good? Should I write about something else?

Uhm..

-I have a fever. I'm a little delirious.

Oh, that explains it.

-Ares said it was not right of me to not stop Bloodsage from saying what he said in her thread. This forum is about the free exchange of ideas, though, and without conflict, there can be no progress.

Ok. That doesn't mean that bloodsage was very constructive or even helpful in his criticism. I can understand why Ares got her feelings hurt. I read it and said "Ouch."

Ares is a talented artist- I would love to see her do less cliche'd work.

-The less apologetic you are about anything, the more people will believe everything you do. If you act as though you are right, people will tend to believe that you are right, no matter what you do, until someone who is even less apologetic steps in and intervenes. This is the key to victory.

That came to me a few days ago.

Self confidence is 90% of what it takes to convince someone. I don't understand why this is a revelation to you.

-You ever watch the familial sitcomes of the mid 90s? I was watching Family Matters; they dealt with a lot of serious shit on that show: racism, police brutality, gang shootings, rape, virginity, abstinence. Full House never did that and Step by Step was just poopoo.

Family matters was one of my favorite shows, but fresh prince also delt with some serious issues. Teen pregnancy, drugs, guns violence, ect.

-See you later.

You bet.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-28-2007 05:37:45 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Mr. Parcelan said:
Do you have a favorite one? - eh no

I am sick. When was the last time you were sick? What did you have? - I'm pretty sure I have the runs.

Do you think you could hack it in the military? Have you? WHY NOT?! - No. I hate working in a team.

What do you think of Maradon? I like Maradon and maybe it's because we're of similar mindsets, but I like his Libertarian views. - I don't like how ridiculous and off the wall most of his statements are and how he refuses to listen to others when they're pretty much always right. Sorry, Maradon. Other than that he's alright.

How do you think Sean and Black's civil union went? They shot me an invite and even offered to pay my way, but I couldn't make it because of familial issues. - They prob havin' a good time. Good bros livin' together isn't too rare of a thing these days.

If you haven't yet, you should offer them your congratulations. It's not easy what they're doing and the whole "lol they iz gay" thing probably isn't as hysterical as you think it is. - wait they're really gay?

My grandma died just a week ago. She was 93, mobile, independent and coherent to her final day. By even modern standards, that's pretty neat, don't you think? I think about it a lot. - I don't wanna live past 40.

My next poem is due next week and all I can think of to write about is a boy who goes around wearing his Angry Hat and beating up his neighbors. Is that good? Should I write about something else? - I hate poems.

I have a fever. I'm a little delirious.

Ares said it was not right of me to not stop Bloodsage from saying what he said in her thread. This forum is about the free exchange of ideas, though, and without conflict, there can be no progress. - That's because Ares is a self-absorbed attention whore who draws horribly unoriginal pieces in a horribly unoriginal style and couldn't take criticism if she was paid for it.

The less apologetic you are about anything, the more people will believe everything you do. If you act as though you are right, people will tend to believe that you are right, no matter what you do, until someone who is even less apologetic steps in and intervenes. This is the key to victory.

That came to me a few days ago. - that's deep mang

You ever watch the familial sitcomes of the mid 90s? I was watching Family Matters; they dealt with a lot of serious shit on that show: racism, police brutality, gang shootings, rape, virginity, abstinence. Full House never did that and Step by Step was just poopoo. - Full House didn't have black people in it. Hell, they lived in San Fransisco. What kind of crime do you think even happens there? It was good for what it was though. Step by Step had Suzanne Somers at least. She has nice tits.

See you later. - Peace out, holmes.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: