EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Did you know death gods only eat apples
Alaan
posted 02-08-2007 01:53:44 AM
Maradon!
posted 02-08-2007 01:56:30 PM
Silly Ryuk
Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 02-08-2007 02:55:24 PM
ARGH NIGHTMARES!
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-08-2007 03:05:36 PM
quote:
Janus. had this to say about Optimus Prime:
ARGH NIGHTMARES!

Don't fear the Reaper.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-08-2007 06:42:31 PM
quote:
Katrinity stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Don't fear the Reaper.

All who love life fear the Reaper.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 02-08-2007 06:46:57 PM
quote:
Katrinity's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Don't fear the Reaper.

I fear the reapers giant mouth he's going to suck out my soul

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-08-2007 10:08:31 PM
the hell is that from?
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Talonus
Loner
posted 02-08-2007 10:14:54 PM
quote:
How.... Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael.... uughhhhhh:
the hell is that from?

One of the Death Note live action movies.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 02-08-2007 10:24:14 PM
Ryuk is awesome.
Alaan
posted 02-08-2007 10:31:42 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Batty:
Ryuk is awesome.

Batty's rape bait is also from Death Note. A fantastic anime! I haven't seen the live action movies. APparently only shoddy subs exist.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-08-2007 10:31:47 PM
quote:
Talonus obviously shouldn't have said:
One of the Death Note live action movies.

I am woefully unhip. What is Death Note?

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Alaan
posted 02-08-2007 10:36:58 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael was listening to Cher while typing:
I am woefully unhip. What is Death Note?

Stolen from wiki!

Light Yagami is a brilliant, but bored, high school student who resents the crime and corruption in the world. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note", lying on the ground in the year 2003. The Death Note's instructions claim that, if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the Death Note's authenticity, believing it is just a prank. However, after experimenting with it and killing two criminals, Light is forced to admit that the Death Note is real. After meeting with the true owner of the Death Note, a Shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "the God of the new world" by passing his judgment on criminals.

Soon, the number of inexplicable deaths of reported criminals catches the attention of the International Police Organization and a mysterious detective known only as "L". L quickly learns that the serial killer, dubbed by the public as "Kira" (derived from the Japanese pronunciation of the English word "Killer"), is located in Japan. L also concludes that Kira can kill people without laying a finger on them. Light realizes that L will be his greatest nemesis, and a race to prove mental superiority between the two begins.

It isn't action packed in the usual anime way, its just fucking intense. One episode is strictly two people walking down a street talking. The entire scene is amazingly captivating though.

Alaan fucked around with this message on 02-08-2007 at 10:39 PM.

BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 02-08-2007 10:43:27 PM
I've been reading the Manga. It's pretty goddamned good. Book 10 isn't due out til March

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Alaan
posted 02-08-2007 10:46:58 PM
quote:
BetaTested had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I've been reading the Manga. It's pretty goddamned good. Book 10 isn't due out til March

One the note of the manga: Be careful looking up information. There is a mammoth spoiler for anime watchers waiting to landmine on you.

Batty
posted 02-08-2007 10:54:09 PM
Death Note is the most intellectual anime I've seen in like...ever. Simply put, it's a must see.
Alaan
posted 02-08-2007 10:59:35 PM
If you can place a check in any of these boxes, you'll probably enjoy Death Note
Do you enjoy:
[ ] Sherlock Holmes
[ ] Chess
[ ] Ghost in the Shell
[ ] Lain/Boogiebop Phantom
[ ] Crazy Goth Lolis(you'll have to wait for these though)
[ ] Dramatically eating potato chips

I'm sure there are more check boxes I'm missing!

Alaan
posted 02-08-2007 11:02:44 PM
Shamelessly stolen from the SA thread:

Lets try this again.

Alaan fucked around with this message on 02-08-2007 at 11:08 PM.

BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 02-08-2007 11:19:30 PM
Dramatically eating potatochips. I could so see how they would do that scene with the thing in the thing while those guys watched. (Vague without too much spoiler but people should know wtf I'm saying)

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Alaan
posted 02-08-2007 11:24:08 PM
quote:
So quoth BetaTested:
Dramatically eating potatochips. I could so see how they would do that scene with the thing in the thing while those guys watched. (Vague without too much spoiler but people should know wtf I'm saying)

The first batch of criminals he does is awesomely animated.

Batty
posted 02-08-2007 11:57:45 PM
I shall eat a chip.

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 02-09-2007 01:44:15 AM
Manga Run is a good place to read tons of manga online w/o having to download tons of files.

or use Stop Tazmo if you want to download the files.

Norim Stumpfighter fucked around with this message on 02-09-2007 at 01:44 AM.

Maradon!
posted 02-09-2007 02:41:31 AM
I HEREBY REQUEST A TORRENT OR OTHER PLACE BY WHICH I MAY STEAL A DECENT ENGLISH SUB OF THIS LISCENSED ANIME
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-09-2007 02:47:16 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Maradon!!
I HEREBY REQUEST A TORRENT OR OTHER PLACE BY WHICH I MAY STEAL A DECENT ENGLISH SUB OF THIS LISCENSED ANIME

the internet

Batty
posted 02-09-2007 02:47:19 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about John Romero:

There's not really a decent sub out there right now since it got licensed and all the good groups dropped it.

But Animanda has 1-16. I don't like their subs much. But meh. 17's been released by only 1 group so far and the font they used was fucking horrible.

Talonus
Loner
posted 02-09-2007 06:33:45 AM
quote:
Alaan impressed everyone with:
Batty's rape bait is also from Death Note. A fantastic anime! I haven't seen the live action movies. APparently only shoddy subs exist.

Someone on 4chan did decent subs of the first move, but I'm not sure where'd you'd fine the subs now. I didn't like the movie version of it too much though compared to the manga or anime.

quote:
Batty enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Death Note is the most intellectual anime I've seen in like...ever. Simply put, it's a must see.

Watch Monster sir.

quote:
A sleep deprived Maradon! stammered:

Tokyo Toshokan is the place to search for your unlicensed and licensed anime needs.

quote:
BetaTested had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

Scanlations of the entire thing exists.

For those intending to watch/read this, don't look at this spoiler. L dies.

Batty
posted 02-09-2007 06:06:44 PM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Watch Monster sir.

I've heard of it but never got around to watching it, I might have to now.

Talonus
Loner
posted 02-09-2007 06:51:30 PM
quote:
Batty had this to say about Tron:
I've heard of it but never got around to watching it, I might have to now.

I've only watched a little of it because the series is 74 episodes long, but I'd say you should like it. I'll get around to watching the entire thing eventually.

Also check out Akagi. Don't let the fact that the show is about mahjong put you off. The only problem with it is how the ending will leave you with massive blue balls.

Batty
posted 02-09-2007 08:02:12 PM
quote:
Talonus spewed forth this undeniable truth:
I've only watched a little of it because the series is 74 episodes long, but I'd say you should like it. I'll get around to watching the entire thing eventually.

Also check out Akagi. Don't let the fact that the show is about mahjong put you off. The only problem with it is how the ending will leave you with massive blue balls.

I'm sorry, but I cannot support anything that involves mahjong and blue balls.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 02-10-2007 10:20:51 AM
Only watched the first 3 episodes of death note so far but holy crap it is awesome
Steven Steve
posted 02-10-2007 03:48:23 PM
I've seen up to 8, yeah it's pretty good bro.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Steven Steve
posted 02-10-2007 08:01:25 PM
Now I've seen up until 18, but the writing is getting rather flaky.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Alaan
posted 02-10-2007 08:13:14 PM
quote:
Stalwart Steve had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

18 isn't out yet.

Steven Steve
posted 02-10-2007 10:12:16 PM
I've seen up until 18

Maradon!
posted 02-11-2007 06:01:12 AM
Holy shit

I just finished ep 8 and I am totally and permanently hooked.

Talonus
Loner
posted 02-11-2007 08:24:37 AM
quote:
So quoth Batty:
I'm sorry, but I cannot support anything that involves mahjong and blue balls.

Even though the series is about mahjong, it really is a great show that I've got to recommend if you want a thinker. The only issue is the need for another 10 episodes. Everything gets built up to the end, and then it just ends because they ran out of episodes (and the manga was just finishing up that story arc).

quote:
There was much rejoicing when Stalwart Steve said this:

If you think the writing is a bit flaky already, you'll hate the second half of the series. After a certain event the story really isn't as good.

Steven Steve
posted 02-11-2007 10:45:02 AM
The dialogue in the last episode was just kinda homogayous maximum, as long as they go back to the horny stuff it should be fine for a while.

Vorago
posted 02-11-2007 10:48:54 AM
Hey, anyone have the opening intro and closing credits songs in mp3 form to share?
Talonus
Loner
posted 02-11-2007 11:49:23 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Vorago said:
Hey, anyone have the opening intro and closing credits songs in mp3 form to share?

Here. Movie soundtrack on that site as well.

Alaan
posted 02-11-2007 12:42:52 PM
The Entire Soundtrack. I reccomend it. Whole thing is pretty good.
Vorago
posted 02-11-2007 03:30:56 PM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: