EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: How do I shut the PC speaker the fuck up?
Steven Steve
posted 02-04-2007 08:23:00 PM
Mein gott.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Greenlit
posted 02-04-2007 08:36:25 PM
Disconnect it.
Steven Steve
posted 02-04-2007 08:38:33 PM
Where
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 02-04-2007 08:50:59 PM
take out the plug from the back of the cpu. should be labeled green (ish)

of just cut every wire you see till you no longer hear sound... this method is preffered

SPELLCHECK is a four letter word.
Greenlit
posted 02-04-2007 09:15:12 PM
Open your case.

Find white and green (usually) wires that connect to small speaker (usually) in your front panel.

Disconnect wires from motherboard.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 02-04-2007 09:27:17 PM
Dunno when they changed it, but White/Green is typically the power LED. Red/Black is normally speaker, assuming that you have an off-board speaker.

most motherboards have a hard mounted speaker. What kind of noise is it making and, probably more important, why is it making noise?

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Doomjudge
Pancake
posted 02-05-2007 01:21:36 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Random Insanity Generator stammered:
Dunno when they changed it, but White/Green is typically the power LED. Red/Black is normally speaker, assuming that you have an off-board speaker.

Was gonna say "Why are you telling him to unplug the Power LED?" lol, yeah Red and Black is your PC Speaker.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-05-2007 08:43:56 AM
Or you could just mute the PC speaker in the settings, though that only takes effect once the OS boots.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Steven Steve
posted 02-05-2007 09:30:56 AM
I looked for PC speaker settings in windows and my BIOS and I failed haha. Oh well, my computer is already messed up, might as well start pulling cords.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 02-07-2007 12:05:16 AM
Start - Settings - Control Panel - Sound and Audio Devices - Speaker Settings

On XP at least, but Control Panel has pretty much everything you need to in any version of Windows.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Steven Steve
posted 02-07-2007 07:27:28 PM
I mean the PC speaker, not peripheral speakers, obviously.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-07-2007 07:50:05 PM
Whey Protein Man should solve this calamity.

With pictures and commentary.

Steven Steve
posted 02-07-2007 08:06:22 PM
Oh jesus, I lost the Whey Protein Hero picture when I deleted my myspace. Oh well

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: