EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Parcelan's Labyrinth II: Cult Wars Signup
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-30-2007 11:55:35 AM
King Parcelan Has Been Assassinated!

Long time ruler of the thriving trade city of Brustwile, King Parcelan was struck down late last night by an unseen insurgent whilst enjoying his dinner. The city guard's investigation has been delayed, for a mere hour after the king died, Captain Karnaj hung himself for fear that the insurgency might come for him next.

The city has been thrown into chaos and, more than armies from rival nations and more than monsters from beyond the walls, the people are in terror of the threat from within: the Cults.

Long kept in check by the king and his guards, the three major thief-cults of Brustwile have risen up to take control of the city! Now, at the dawn of chaos, the Cult Wars begin.

Welcome to Parcelan's Labyrinth II!

After the success of our last dice-rolling game, I decided to make a new one.

How is it Played?

There are a few differences from the last labyrinth. This time, players will not be acting individually, but as members of one of the three Cult teams, competing amongst each other for honor.

The mechanics are the same as last time: a list with numbers corresponding to events will be provided after signups and you will roll the dice to see what occurs.

Several events can happen, depending on your dice roll, and you may earn or lose Hit Points, Gold or Glory.

I know what HP and Gold are, but what's glory?

In Cult Wars, gold is no longer the deciding factor, but rather currency used to buy stuff (assuming your dice roll lands on a merchant). The game's winner is decided by Glory.

Every player will roll and, depending on events, they will earn or lose Glory. At the end of each day, Glory earned by players is totalled into their Cult's Glory. At the end of ten days, the Cult with the most Glory assumes control of the city and wins the game.

When Does the Proper Game Begin?

Thursday, Feburary 1st, 2007. A list will be provided of Dice Rollings. The game will last for Ten Days.

How do I Sign Up?

Just post in this thread! You will be assigned to a Cult based on the order in which your post occurs.

Will I be able to Sign Up later?

Maybe, but it's best to do it now.

The Cults

His Glorious Hands: "Happiness is a neck to squeeze, a head to kick and a ribcage to smash."

Amidst the decades-old city, His Glorious Hands are a relatively new thug-cult, vastly different than anything the city has ever seen before. Dedicated to Bajagon, the God of Battle, the members of His Glorious Hands are little more than religious thugs. Their congregation is known for moving from city to city to glut themselves on ale, mutton and whores, stealing what they can and burning what they can't steal.

His Glorious Hands thrives on battle. Preferring bare fists to anything else, these cultists love fighting and destroying. If they seize control of the city, it will likely stand for only a few weeks before it is left decimated and destroyed by the ravenous cult.

The Quietmen: "They who seek enlightenment should look to the shadow. They who seek death should look past the shadow. They who seek life should turn away now."

Before the king swept in to build his metropolis, Brustwile was actually a sprawling temple devoted to Blackenoth, God of Death, and its cult was ruled by the council of the Sixfold Shroud. During Brustwile's construction, most of the members were believed dead...but beliefs can be deceiving.

The Sixfold Shroud has existed for decades after their temple was ruined and its members, disguised amongst the populace, have returned. These cultists, calling themselves The Quietmen, are skilled assassins and murderers. They seek to purge Brustwile of all influences of mortals and once again return it to the glorious Temple of Blackenoth it once was.

Waychangers: "Lie to yourself all you want. Tell yourself that order and law is the way of man. Ja'Gorgo knows different. Now you will, too."

The Waychangers are a cult yet unseen, but much feared, in Brustwile. Dedicated to the two-headed God of Chaos, Ja'Gorgo, the Waychangers are anarchists and agents of destruction, hellbent on bringing down civilization and order as we know it. Fervent in their devotion, they regard others not of the faith as "The Unenlightened," and are sworn to kill or convert them all.

Their mighty prophet, Den-Shet-Su, saw the assassination of the king as an omen that Brustwile must fall. He has sent his congregation to bring the lawful city down by any means necessary. If the Waychangers assume control of the city, it can be guaranteed that it will not stand for much longer.

Side note: Bajah will be the secondary GM for this. But after the teams are decided, I'll need three volunteers, one from each cult, to double-check math and make sure everything is square. Post in your post if you are willing to be one!

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-30-2007 11:57:09 AM
I shall be the first to sign up!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-30-2007 12:03:11 PM
Yeah, well fuck you too. Jerk.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-30-2007 12:03:37 PM
quote:
Verily, Karnaj doth proclaim:
Yeah, well fuck you too. Jerk.

Did you want to sign up or are you just upset that you killed yourself?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-30-2007 12:11:44 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan got served! Mr. Parcelan got served!
Did you want to sign up or are you just upset that you killed yourself?

I was under the impression that I couldn't. I mean, what kind of plot holes are you trying to open here?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-30-2007 12:21:04 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Robocop:
I was under the impression that I couldn't. I mean, what kind of plot holes are you trying to open here?

You could come back as an angry, alcholic zombie with a heart of gold...who fights CRIME!

I sign up!

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-30-2007 12:24:02 PM
signin' up.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-30-2007 01:08:42 PM
quote:
This one time, at Karnaj camp:

Everyone can play!

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 01-30-2007 01:18:15 PM
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 01-30-2007 01:24:43 PM
I want in.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 01-30-2007 01:41:12 PM
I'll play this time.
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 01-30-2007 01:42:37 PM
i want to play!

plz and thankyou Sir!

Oreowned
My friends call me 'Wiggles'
posted 01-30-2007 01:45:54 PM
Yay I'll play!
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 01-30-2007 01:54:57 PM
I shall enter the fray
Gadani
U
posted 01-30-2007 02:04:44 PM
sounds like a FUN TIME
Skaw
posted 01-30-2007 02:05:05 PM
let us do dis
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-30-2007 02:09:32 PM
Undead that I am, I'm in.

Beer.

Blackened
posted 01-30-2007 02:28:46 PM
The avatar of Blackenoth walks these lands once again.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 01-30-2007 02:56:45 PM
Let's roll!
There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-30-2007 03:00:36 PM
I heard there was signups up in here.
LeMiere
posted 01-30-2007 03:10:53 PM
Well, I'm excited and here to enlist.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-30-2007 03:15:22 PM
Took you long enough. Heh.

Count me in.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 01-30-2007 03:38:34 PM
I too, wish to play this game.
Cthulhu_Spawn
Pancake
posted 01-30-2007 06:03:29 PM
Sign me up!
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-30-2007 06:15:50 PM
As the champion of the previous labyrinth, I step forward to challenge this new task. Let no enemy go ungutted, no stronghold go unsundered, no woman go unplundered!
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 01-30-2007 06:21:35 PM
I guess I'll sign up for this one. And I'm so the assassin.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-30-2007 06:29:31 PM
I assigned these based on a pattern and mixed it up a bit at places. We'll probably allow a swap for tomorrow.

Thus, the Cultists stand so far...

Brawlers of His Glorious Hands
Falaanla Marr
Willias
Inferno-Spirit
Norim Stumpfighter
Mr. Crabs
Delphi
Cthulhu_Spawn

Shadows of the Quietmen
Karnaj
Xyrra
Trent
Gadani
Blackened
LeMiere
Densetsu

Agents of the Waychangers
Katrinity
Jajahotep
Oreowned
Skaw Mygrayne
Sakkra
Ozimander
Batty

Seven to each team thus far. I may have to do some rearranging in the future, if possible, to even things out. If not, we can try an Underdog Bonus or something.

Mr. Parcelan fucked around with this message on 01-30-2007 at 06:29 PM.

Talonus
Loner
posted 01-30-2007 06:39:34 PM
Sign me up sir.
Greenlit
posted 01-30-2007 06:43:02 PM
The Pillar of Seanicus still stands.

It bows to no man nor God.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-30-2007 06:52:28 PM
I'm in.
nem-x
posted 01-30-2007 06:54:02 PM
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 01-30-2007 07:09:04 PM
I post!
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 01-30-2007 07:22:54 PM
I'm in!
Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-30-2007 07:28:33 PM
Glory to His Hands! Talonus and nem-x join His Glorious Hands!

Praise to the Shadow! Greenlit and Manticore join the Quietmen!

Blessed Chaos! Naimah and Beauchan join the Waychangers!

Blackened
posted 01-30-2007 07:37:19 PM
The avatar of Blackenoth respectfully offers a trade of flesh for flesh.

Blackened fucked around with this message on 01-30-2007 at 07:53 PM.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 01-30-2007 07:54:19 PM
Does this mean I get to bash stuff?
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-30-2007 08:33:19 PM
I'm back on here enough to warrant playing, so sure!
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 01-30-2007 08:40:35 PM
Yo, I'm up for dis, dawg.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 01-30-2007 08:40:40 PM
I'm in. Here's hoping I won't die so quickly this time.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 01-30-2007 09:02:36 PM
I'm all up ins on dis.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: