EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: That vaccine will make you go to hell!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-30-2007 09:16:40 AM
So, apparently, some Muslim doctors' leader is telling British Muslims not to vaccinate their kids. What I want to know is how this guy got his doctorate in the first place.

I imagine few, if any, will follow this, but this article's good for a lark.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 01-30-2007 02:03:49 PM
quote:
Katme, a psychiatrist

That's all you really needed to read... wtf does a psychiatrist really know about medical science anyway?

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-30-2007 02:15:52 PM
Uhm...

So this is basically on the order of a few Jewish people, maybe a Doctor, saying that Jews shouldn't get the crab-protein based sutures because they aren't kosher.

Not really news.

Yeah, he goes on to say stupid shit like praying and living life according to the Qur'an will heal you... but that's not anything I haven't heard from retards of the Christian faith as well.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 01-30-2007 at 02:47 PM.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-30-2007 03:59:33 PM
quote:
Norim Stumpfighter impressed everyone with:
That's all you really needed to read... wtf does a psychiatrist really know about medical science anyway?

Quite a good deal actually. In order to get your liscence as a psychiatist, you have to take the same med school as other doctors take. Part of that is to understand how the medications you prescribe to patients work on the human body and such. And I know this because Ken's mother has been a psychiatrist all her adult life. She had to go through med school to get her liscence to practice. She even work at the Mental hospital here for years prior to working at the Vets hospital.

As for this guy... yesh... Yeeeah..no. This is taking his proffessional power alittle to far. No doctor in their right mind, psychiatrist or any other, would suggest such a thing as to not vaccinate one's children...

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-31-2007 07:35:10 AM
While Tril's right about psychiatrists going to med school, it bears saying there are a lot of physicians with personal opinions about vaccinations. The trace amounts of mercury in some vaccines, etc. Doesn't mean you should stop getting your kids vaccinated, but at least there's an argument based in science that can be argued.

What bugs me here is that the guy's basing his entire argument on a religious-based technicality, not any sort of quasi-legitimate scientific argument. He is essentially saying that because the materials used in the production of a vaccine aren't halal (muslim kosher) you should give up the benefits. Hmm. There has to be some way to atone for this sort of infraction. If a Catholic or a Jew accidentally (or intentionally) infringes upon some major point, they can make up for it. This is almost literally throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-31-2007 11:44:31 AM
Maybe it's wrong of me, but when I read this all I could think was: "Oh look, a muslim's found a new way of killing off other muslims. Again."

Here's a new plan for Iraq: Give everyone a Saturday Night Special, and two loads of ammo. Then leave.

*sigh* Anyway, I hope people don't listen to him, but I know they will.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 01-31-2007 12:29:40 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
While Tril's right about psychiatrists going to med school, it bears saying there are a lot of physicians with personal opinions about vaccinations. The trace amounts of mercury in some vaccines, etc. Doesn't mean you should stop getting your kids vaccinated, but at least there's an argument based in science that can be argued.

That's true, for example the flu vaccine contains thimerosal, a preservative that contains mercury. However, at least in the US you can get thimerosal-free vaccines. That said, this whole thing is ridiculous. How would God's will be to increase the risk of a disease when perfectly good medicine is available?

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-31-2007 12:40:33 PM
quote:
Roll the dice to see if Alek is getting drunk!
How would God's will be to increase the risk of a disease when perfectly good medicine is available?
Because he's running out of virgins.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-31-2007 05:24:34 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Alek:
That's true, for example the flu vaccine contains thimerosal, a preservative that contains mercury. However, at least in the US you can get thimerosal-free vaccines. That said, this whole thing is ridiculous. How would God's will be to increase the risk of a disease when perfectly good medicine is available?

As I understood it, the amounts of mercury in old-school vaccines are so miniscule that there's never been any link proven regarding higher rates of autism (which is the big thing they're claiming the mercury-touched vaccines cause) or whatever. It's just one of a hundred different things they're saying causes autism these days. On the OTHER hand, the definition of autism keeps shifting. These days even Asperger's syndrome is considered a type of high-function autism.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael fucked around with this message on 01-31-2007 at 05:25 PM.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Blindy.
posted 01-31-2007 05:32:06 PM
You know, people used to break thermometers open and play with the "quick silver."
Anakha's Wii
Pancake
posted 01-31-2007 05:36:13 PM
I did, as a child.
"From the depths of my parent's basement, thy has truly struck a blow for nonconformity."
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 02-02-2007 07:30:48 AM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Norim Stumpfighter gently hums:

Psychiatrists are medical doctors; that's how they differ from psychologists. Phychiatrists are the ones who treat mental illness with drugs--they are, by definition, expert in brain chemistry and how to modify it with drugs.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Steven Steve
posted 02-05-2007 09:33:00 AM
Psychiatry is... a pseudoscience, Matt. You don't know these things - I've researched them.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Blindy.
posted 02-05-2007 09:44:04 AM
quote:
Stalwart Steve says po-ta-to, I say pa-ta-to:
Psychiatry is... a pseudoscience, Matt. You don't know these things - I've researched them.

Ok, Tom Cruise.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: