EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Fuck Walmart.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 01-16-2007 07:53:49 AM
Fuck them and their everyday low fucking prices.

So I got at walmart at about 10:00. No one was in the electonics section waiting for the burning crusade, so I asked the cashier if they were indeed selling it today. He said yeah, at midnight they'd roll it out. So I went out and grabbed a cart and started shopping. I got back at about 10:40 and there were four or five people in line. I get in behind them with my cart. The cashier comes out and tells us that the display case is too big to fit in the PC games area, so they'll be putting it out closer to the front of the electornics counter and moves the six of us. We wait there. Midnight rolls around the assistant manager comes out with the BC display case and tells us it's first come first serve and the line starts... where me and the first five other people were before the cashier moved us. By this point there were over a hundred people waiting for it, in what was according to the original person who was in charge of the line, the wrong spot. However, that cashier had been gone for about an hour and the assistant manager did everything but call me a liar when I protested that we had been in that spot almost two hours ago but the other cashier moved us.

The other five people that were there with me left without an argument. I gave the cashier one more chance to sell me a copy and when she refused I left over 500 dollars worth of movies, video games, clothes, and food with her at the register and asked her to put it back since I wouldn't be shopping there anymore since she wouldn't sell me a 35 dollar game that I had waited two hours for. The general manager comes in in the morning. I plan on giving him a call.

It wasn't so much that I didn't get what I was going for. The character I currently play in WoW is 49 and I can certainly go another week or two without the burning crusade. It was that she barely stopped short of flat out calling me a liar when I told her what the original cashier had told us to do.

So fuck Walmart, and fuck their everyday low fucking prices.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 01-16-2007 12:18:03 PM
That certainly sucks but you'd be hard-pressed to judge the entire chain on that one asshole.

Unless that is what their employees are all trained to do. I don't shop at WalMart so I dunno.

You should have just punched the assistant manager and reigned chaos.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 01-16-2007 12:26:26 PM
quote:
Ozimander thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
That certainly sucks but you'd be hard-pressed to judge the entire chain on that one asshole.

Unless that is what their employees are all trained to do. I don't shop at WalMart so I dunno.

You should have just punched the assistant manager and reigned chaos.

Yeah, they're pretty much all like that.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 01-16-2007 03:39:14 PM
Well fuck it then. Lets kill 'em all.
Greenlit
posted 01-16-2007 03:40:11 PM
We could kill everybody.
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 01-16-2007 03:43:31 PM
That's a...a choice? We can do that now? It's okay?
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-16-2007 05:55:41 PM
there are like 20 copies of the burning crusade sittin on the shelf at target right now

no lines

Snoota
posted 01-16-2007 06:12:33 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough Model 2000 was programmed to say:
there are like 20 copies of the burning crusade sittin on the shelf at target right now

no lines

I snagged the last two from Best Buy when I had given up and just happened to be there earlier. It's sold out everywhere out here. Walmart, Target, Best Buy(now, anyway!) EB, Gamestop, GameCraze. Nobody has it anywhere.

Greenlit
posted 01-16-2007 06:17:00 PM
one of those is for my paladin, right broham
Snoota
posted 01-16-2007 06:23:25 PM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about the Spice Girls:
one of those is for my paladin, right broham

Magic 8-ball says no.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 01-17-2007 02:12:32 PM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I snagged the last two from Best Buy when I had given up and just happened to be there earlier. It's sold out everywhere out here. Walmart, Target, Best Buy(now, anyway!) EB, Gamestop, GameCraze. Nobody has it anywhere.

Did you call the general manager though?

DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 01-18-2007 10:52:13 PM
hey guys I got my copy at Walmart at 5am on the release day. Hoo Hoo calling ahead sure is hard.
roit, less bash 'is noggin
Snoota
posted 01-19-2007 06:12:28 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why DrPaintThinner wrote:
hey guys I got my copy at Walmart at 5am on the release day. Hoo Hoo calling ahead sure is hard.

What does calling ahead have to do with anything? They're not supposed to hold copies of them for anyone. You just got lucky and found someone who doesn't pay attention to the rules.

Or you live in the middle of fucking nowhere.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 01-19-2007 10:26:40 AM
When you enter the domain of Wal-Mart, there are no rules.
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 01-19-2007 11:58:33 AM
Hey guys, I counted more than 50 copies still available at my local Leclerc store (French Wal-Mart/Target store)
Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Sabratiz
Pancake
posted 01-20-2007 12:05:41 AM
I work at a Wal-mart, and I can tell you from experience that many of the people working there are neither the smartest or nicest people. Although they are supposed to be trained to be nice to your face, but once your gone they don't care. Also, don't kill everyone who works at a Wal-mart just yet, i'm hopefully quiting very soon, wait till after then.
pain is temporary but pride is forever
Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 01-20-2007 12:10:54 AM
quote:
Inferno-Spirit had this to say about dark elf butts:
When you enter the domain of Wal-Mart, there are no rules.

Two men enter, one man leaves. Four legs good, two legs bad.

Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 01-23-2007 08:57:23 PM
I don't blame you for not wanting to go back.

Wal-Mart is trying (and most likely will fully succeed) to put a store on one of our major streets here in Burlington, Ont.

The traffic during rush hours is just insane, and they say they "studied" the traffic since 2002, and they expect only a 1% increase of traffic flow per year.

They also completely dismissed a group of McMaster students, and their claims that the increase of traffic flow will be 4 to 5 times higher than Wal-Mart stated.

To be honest, I avoid that section of town like the plague during peak hours, and they're showing complete disregard for public opinion on the matter.

(Also, I'd like to state that I now personally will not be shopping at Wal-Mart OR Starbucks at all. I'd prefer to shop Canadian stores...Seems to be somewhat better customer service)

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 01-23-2007 10:42:51 PM
quote:
From the book of Redmage Darkrayver, chapter 3, verse 16:
I don't blame you for not wanting to go back.

Wal-Mart is trying (and most likely will fully succeed) to put a store on one of our major streets here in Burlington, Ont.

The traffic during rush hours is just insane, and they say they "studied" the traffic since 2002, and they expect only a 1% increase of traffic flow per year.

They also completely dismissed a group of McMaster students, and their claims that the increase of traffic flow will be 4 to 5 times higher than Wal-Mart stated.

To be honest, I avoid that section of town like the plague during peak hours, and they're showing complete disregard for public opinion on the matter.

(Also, I'd like to state that I now personally will not be shopping at Wal-Mart OR Starbucks at all. I'd prefer to shop Canadian stores...Seems to be somewhat better customer service)

They are going to open a store in a busy area. Oh, those evil people, them.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Ares
posted 01-23-2007 10:44:47 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Inferno-Spirit was all like:
They are going to open a store in a busy area. Oh, those evil people, them.

It's more to the point that this particular road just had 2 lanes added to it both ways only a year ago (which took over 5 years to finish), and it's still congested at all daytime hours. Plus, there's already a WalMart no more than 10 minutes away that opened just a few years ago.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-23-2007 10:47:56 PM
They own the land. Get over it.
Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 01-23-2007 10:48:49 PM
Not to forget, where they intend on building the Wal-Mart, will be directly beside a GO Train station (goes to and from Toronto)....So there's where a huge amount of that traffic is coming from.

We're talking Don Valley Parkinglot kinda traffic.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 01-23-2007 10:50:01 PM
quote:
Ares said this about your mom:
It's more to the point that this particular road just had 2 lanes added to it both ways only a year ago (which took over 5 years to finish), and it's still congested at all daytime hours. Plus, there's already a WalMart no more than 10 minutes away that opened just a few years ago.

wow next thing you know they are going to undercut the competion

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 01-23-2007 11:35:18 PM
quote:
En Garde, Monsieur Redmage Darkrayver! Them's Fightin words:
(goes to and from Toronto)

now what does that have to do with anything?

I'm not coming from Toronto just to shop at your wal-mart. We have like 15 here already.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 01-24-2007 02:10:04 AM
quote:
BeauChan spewed forth this undeniable truth:
now what does that have to do with anything?

I'm not coming from Toronto just to shop at your wal-mart. We have like 15 here already.

That must really fuck with the traffic.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 01-24-2007 05:44:43 AM
Probably a silly question, but I have to ask the obviously clueless people: you do realize it'd be stupid to open a business--of any kind--in a remote area miles from anywhere?

Yeah, it's really, really stupid to open a store in an area everybody goes already; it'd be much smarter to build it somewhere else and hope everyone is willing to change their existing patterns and go out of their way!

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 01-24-2007 10:15:02 PM
quote:
This one time, at Bloodsage camp:
Probably a silly question, but I have to ask the obviously clueless people: you do realize it'd be stupid to open a business--of any kind--in a remote area miles from anywhere?

Yeah, it's really, really stupid to open a store in an area everybody goes already; it'd be much smarter to build it somewhere else and hope everyone is willing to change their existing patterns and go out of their way!

Well they wanted to open the store in a few other locations first, but they all got turned down because none of the communities would put up with the increased traffic.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 01-26-2007 06:35:59 AM
a grandma he stole he own car

he a shameful grandma

hey
Talonus
Loner
posted 01-26-2007 12:43:03 PM
quote:
Bloodsage attempted to be funny by writing:

Putting a store in a busy area is perfectly logical, especially next to a train station.

Community's reasoning is perfectly logical as well. Putting a Walmart in a busy area will result in increased traffic. This may ruin traffic patterns and result in more wear and tear on the roads. For an already traffic heavy area, this will be even worse. Fixing these issues would be something the town has to pay for, not the Walmart. Think the community wants to pay for that?

Besides, its a Walmart. People will travel to a remote area for one, and it'd be a hell of a lot less costly and frustrating for those in the town.

Ares
posted 01-26-2007 12:47:27 PM
It's not even like the Walmart we have is in a remote area. It's in an area that is quickly being built up with condos. The parking lot there is always busy, it's not like they are losing out on business.

Our city has only 150,000 people, there's no need for 2 Walmarts.

Skaw
posted 01-26-2007 01:17:28 PM
quote:
Ares was listening to Cher while typing:
The parking lot there is always busy, it's not like they are losing out on business.

And thats they're building another. It's not uncommon to see multiple of the same business really close together if the consumer traffic at one becomes too much.

It allows them to lighten the load on one store, gaining them more business from the people who notice how packed the parking lot is and going to whatever the next best place is.

Theres 3 of the same convenience store chain within very short walking(5 with a short drive) distance of my house because of the same exact reason.

You have to realize, once enough money is coming in to offset employee wages and store upkeep, the store isn't making money - corporate is.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 01-26-2007 at 01:21 PM.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 01-26-2007 02:53:07 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Ares wrote:
It's not even like the Walmart we have is in a remote area. It's in an area that is quickly being built up with condos. The parking lot there is always busy, it's not like they are losing out on business.

The city I'm currently living in has a population of ~68,000. We have 2 supercenters, and they are on the opposite side of town from each other.

They are both definitely necessary, heh.

But then again, everyone in Oklahoma shops at Wal-Mart.

Monica fucked around with this message on 01-26-2007 at 02:54 PM.

Alaan
posted 01-27-2007 02:21:59 AM
quote:
Ares's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

My city has 15,000 people and our massive Super Wal-Mart is mobbed on weekends. I don't want to see what that single Wal-Mart in your area is like.

Shit: My county might have less people than your city.

Edit: Your city has triple the population of my entire county! Tying in the county to the west of us has it about equal. But there is a Super-Walmart over there too.

Alaan fucked around with this message on 01-27-2007 at 02:24 AM.

Ares
posted 01-27-2007 06:57:12 AM
quote:
Alaan spewed forth this undeniable truth:
My city has 15,000 people and our massive Super Wal-Mart is mobbed on weekends. I don't want to see what that single Wal-Mart in your area is like.

Shit: My county might have less people than your city.

Edit: Your city has triple the population of my entire county! Tying in the county to the west of us has it about equal. But there is a Super-Walmart over there too.

I've never seen our Walmart 'swamped' by any means. It gets busy, yeah, but you're usually in the checkout no more than 5 minutes, if that.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-27-2007 09:20:02 AM
quote:
Ares had this to say about Knight Rider:
I've never seen our Walmart 'swamped' by any means. It gets busy, yeah, but you're usually in the checkout no more than 5 minutes, if that.

I've seen Wal-marts swamped, it's not a pretty sight. Mexicans as far as the eye can see.

nem-x
posted 01-28-2007 04:58:59 AM
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-28-2007 07:34:14 AM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about Optimus Prime:

In a town of 12k it's the same here. Certain times of day I just don't go near the place. If I'm going to go there I wait till like 3am. No lines and no old bastard at the door telling me to have a nice day.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-28-2007 10:14:45 AM
When you have a town that small, Wal-Mart is probably the most popular place to shop/the only place to hang out on the weekends.

And it's cheap.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: