EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Houston, Tranquility Base Here. The Wiigle Has Landed.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-15-2007 12:49:24 PM
So I've been sick of not being able to find a Wii anywhere. Talking with my dad this weekend, it occurs to me to simply go to the source: the Nintendo World Store in Manhattan. So, this morning, I zipped on up to Midtown and waited in line for an hour.

But, I got the Wii, an extra Remote and Nunchuk, and Excite Truck. So it's good. If you live in the tri-state area and want the Wii, get to the Nintendo Store at Rockafeller center by 8:30 AM, and you'll be set. They seem to have about 100 available each day, from what I saw.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-15-2007 01:06:57 PM
How do you like it?
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-15-2007 01:09:59 PM
How is Excite Truck?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-15-2007 01:14:38 PM
I'll tell you this evening. Ya see, MLK day isn't a real holiday, apparently, so I have to work.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 01-15-2007 06:28:44 PM
Good idea. I didn't know Nintendo had retail stores. We got lucky and found a shipment at a local Target. If not for that we would still be waiting. And we still can't find any extra remotes.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-15-2007 07:51:07 PM
Why the hell did you buy Excite Truck?

friend code, bitch >=(

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 01-16-2007 01:07:38 AM
Could be worse... You could be the woman who died from Water Intoxication trying to win a Wii on a radio contest. The whole "Hold your Wee for a Wii" thing.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
nem-x
posted 01-16-2007 01:10:37 AM
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-16-2007 10:45:28 AM
Wii Sports is hella fun, but I already knew that. Excite Truck is fun, as well. Since I have cash to burn, what game should I look at next? Zelda? DBZ? Warioware?

Beer.

Anakha's Wii
Pancake
posted 01-16-2007 12:38:21 PM
DBZ is a lark. It ceased to be fun about a half hour in.
"From the depths of my parent's basement, thy has truly struck a blow for nonconformity."
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-16-2007 01:56:25 PM
Twilight Princess is pretty bitchin'. I only wish that they had the Golden Gauntlets in that game.
Greenlit
posted 01-16-2007 02:41:37 PM
quote:
Anakha's Wii stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
DBZ is a lark. It ceased to be fun about a half hour in.

Maybe for you.

That game's hilarious two-player with Gamecube controllers. You'd be retarded to use a wiimote with it.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-16-2007 06:03:31 PM
Get DBZ if you want a fighting game to play by yourself and like unlocking stuff. Multiplayer = combo whoring/super move whoring = no fun = anime game.

Get Super Swing Golf if you want a balls hard mix between a standard golf game and Gunbound.

I will tell you whether or not to get Wario Ware in a couple minutes when I boot up my copy.

Get Zelda.

Do not get Red Steel or Excite Truck

Edit - Holy fuck, get Wario Ware.

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 01-16-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 01-17-2007 03:09:51 PM
quote:
Tegadil wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Twilight Princess is pretty bitchin'.

I concur.

Post your Wii Code!

-H

Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 01-18-2007 05:41:24 PM
I camped out a wii at Nintento world a few weeks ago with some friends, I didnt get one but figured id keep em company, twas cool, apperantly me being smart enough to bring a deck of uno made me the most popular person on the line
Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-22-2007 02:39:25 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Holy fuck, get Wario Ware.
Blackened
posted 01-22-2007 07:06:34 AM
oh shit, wario ware is out!?

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Greenlit
posted 01-22-2007 07:26:39 AM
quote:
Blackened had this to say about dark elf butts:
oh shit, wario ware is out!?

apparently since last week

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-22-2007 08:35:47 AM
Yeah, I've heard good things about it. Maybe I'll snag it for this weekend.

Beer.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-22-2007 08:39:28 AM
Bear in mind that the main story game is extremely short. Like less than 2 hours short.

It's just a game to fuck around with.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-22-2007 08:49:40 AM
That's the kind of game I need, at this point. I've got, like, no time in the evenings as it is, so a game that I can play for 20 minutes at a stretch is ideal. Hopefully Wii Play will be similar.

Beer.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-22-2007 02:56:33 PM
So, what's the highest score you've gotten in bowling? I pulled off a 277 the other day. With golf I suck out loud. I managed to break even in a 9-hole game once, but to be fair, I was pretty drunk.

Beer.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-23-2007 12:40:13 AM
204 or something in Bowling.

I got -3 on a 9 hole course once.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 01-23-2007 01:27:23 AM
Bowlings Strength Test (with the massive number of pins) is the coolest thing ever.

Ever.

I really hope they make a stand alone boxing game, because everything in Wii Sports plays like a really fun demo for a much better game, well, baseball and tennis suck, but the other 3 rock.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Greenlit
posted 01-23-2007 01:51:19 AM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Bowlings Strength Test (with the massive number of pins) is the coolest thing ever.

I've only bowled once or twice at a friend's place, and I have never been shown this.

I'll have to hijack some kid's Wii and give this a try.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-23-2007 11:07:20 AM
I managed to hit the red button on the side of the wall on the last frame in Power Throws which makes all 91 pins fall over.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-23-2007 12:23:49 PM
quote:
The propaganda machine of Mr. Gainsborough's junta released this statement:
I managed to hit the red button on the side of the wall on the last frame in Power Throws which makes all 91 pins fall over.

Is it the on the same side as your bowling hand, or the opposite side?

Beer.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-23-2007 12:43:07 PM
quote:
Karnaj was naked while typing this:

Same side.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-24-2007 10:48:44 PM
FYI to the Wiitards.

Link to the Past is now on the Virtual Console, Mario Kart 64 will soon join it, and the News Channel goes live on the 27th.

All of this is good news.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-24-2007 11:24:18 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Tron:

It's on both actually

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-24-2007 11:25:45 PM
quote:
Kegwen was naked while typing this:
It's on both actually

Right, but aren't you limited on one side how far you can aim depending on what hand you use?

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 01-24-2007 11:36:18 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough's fortune cookie read:
FYI to the Wiitards.

Link to the Past is now on the Virtual Console, Mario Kart 64 will soon join it, and the News Channel goes live on the 27th.

All of this is good news.

LttP now, Star Fox 64 in February. I can't wait.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-24-2007 11:49:03 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough had this to say about dark elf butts:
Right, but aren't you limited on one side how far you can aim depending on what hand you use?

Not sure about that one

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-25-2007 10:04:28 AM
I almost made myself puke spinning the globe around in the Weather channel. It was awesome.

Anyone know when Super Mario World is going to be out?

Beer.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-25-2007 10:46:39 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I almost made myself puke spinning the globe around in the Weather channel. It was awesome.

Anyone know when Super Mario World is going to be out?

The Virtual Console game or Super Mario Galaxy?

I don't think the VC game has been announced, but it was just released for the UK's VC. Galaxy is Q4, iirc.

Oh just go to hell
Pancake
posted 02-10-2007 05:14:11 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about the Spice Girls:
I'll tell you this evening. Ya see, MLK day isn't a real holiday, apparently, so I have to work.

The way it ought to be :patriot:

-H

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: