EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Free file storage suggestions?
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 01-10-2007 11:14:36 PM
Hey all, I'm moving back to uni tomorrow and need quick storage for a file of 26mb before tomorrow for my Neverwinter Nights 2 save. These fuckers are way too large.

Any ideas?

Greenlit
posted 01-10-2007 11:30:04 PM
ftp.cantstoptherock.com
login: niklas@greenlit.com
pass: fuckslut
Niklas
posted 01-10-2007 11:31:20 PM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
ftp.cantstoptherock.com
login: niklas@greenlit.com
pass: fuckslut

Thanks a lot!

Greenlit
posted 01-10-2007 11:34:54 PM
anytime hombre
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 01-10-2007 11:54:56 PM
What kind of shitty uni doesn't give you webspace?
Niklas
posted 01-11-2007 12:35:21 AM
quote:
Alidane had this to say about (_|_):
What kind of shitty uni doesn't give you webspace?

I probably have it but I don't think I've been told and I forgot to check. Oops

edit: I just checked and we do. God I'm stupid sometimes

Niklas fucked around with this message on 01-11-2007 at 12:40 AM.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-11-2007 12:30:46 PM
In a pinch, you could've just opened a GMail account and uploaded the file(s) into a draft message. Not as good as actual webspace, but easy enough to obtain, and handy in places where FTP clients have difficulty or are inaccessible.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Maradon!
posted 01-12-2007 12:32:24 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq `Doc booooze lime pole over bench lick:
In a pinch, you could've just opened a GMail account and uploaded the file(s) into a draft message. Not as good as actual webspace, but easy enough to obtain, and handy in places where FTP clients have difficulty or are inaccessible.

also, gmail will not let you upload executables

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 01-12-2007 at 12:32 PM.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-12-2007 12:42:52 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Maradon! said:

you could rename them

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-12-2007 01:21:14 PM
quote:
Maradon! really knows where their towel is...
The GMail virus scanner cannot penetrate WINRAR files, and does not reject them. It was rejecting an encrypted ZIP archive I wanted to send, so I encased it in a RAR archive.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Maradon!
posted 01-12-2007 03:45:54 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Delphi Aegis who doth quote:
you could rename them

No, you can't. You can't zip them either.

According to doc you can rar them though. I could swear I tried that but I guess not!

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-12-2007 04:36:37 PM
Does gmailfs still work?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-12-2007 04:38:32 PM
quote:
Karnaj's account was hax0red to write:
Does gmailfs still work?

Last I saw GMailFS was dead, but Firefox has a plugin called GSpace which basically turns your GMail account into a 2gb FTP. Handles splitting files apart to get around the size limitations, etc, etc.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: