EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So yeah.. wtf is going on with BSG?
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-09-2007 04:13:42 PM
The new series just started here, but since no one outside north america was allowed to watch series 2.5 on the sci-fi website, I have no fucking idea what the heck is going on.

Explain please, thanks.

.. er.. and why are the cylons holding the humans in the first place when they said they were going to go away and leave them alone in series 2?

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-09-2007 04:23:29 PM
Did they have 2.5 on the website, or do you mean the little in between seasons mini-series? At the end of 2.5 Baltar is elected president of the colonies and orders the colonisation of New Caprica (grungy little place with a small strip of habitable land near the equator. The planet was deep inside a nebula or something similar which made it extremely hard to find, ostensibly offering protection from the Cylons). Somewhere around this point the Six that was living on the Cloud Nine blows the nuke Baltar gave her earlier in the series, destroying it and taking out a few other ships.

Almost the entire civilian fleet and most of the crews of the Pegasus and Galactica go planetside. A few years pass and some Cylon vessels passing through the area detect the nuclear signature of the bomb Six set off and investigate the cloud. They find New Caprica, basestars jump in, and the two Battlestars, undermanned and soft from their time off, retreat. The Cylons take over New Caprica.

And that roughly sums up the last few episodes of 2.5. The mini-series on the site covers things between the end of 2.5 and the start of 3.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-09-2007 04:37:35 PM
Yeah, I meant the mini-series that was on the website.

I tried hunting it down in other places but never got anywhere with that, so I gave up trying.

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-09-2007 04:39:34 PM
Not much happens in the mini-series. It helps to build on Tigh's character and goes into detail about their imprisonment, among other things. I enjoyed them, but if you don't see em you don't miss anything major.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-09-2007 05:03:00 PM
Still patiently waiting for one of the Cylon troopers to talk.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-09-2007 08:07:28 PM
The last episode that I saw was the Galactica going after the Pegasuses. When was that in the season timeline?
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-09-2007 08:53:36 PM
That was towards the end of the first part of season 2. Episode 11, I think. Execute case orange, right?
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-09-2007 09:09:12 PM
I just know that they were scramming all the fighters then the dvds ended and I was much displeased with that kind of cliff hanger.
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-09-2007 09:30:14 PM
That might be episode 10, then.
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 01-09-2007 10:38:55 PM
Yeah, because they just sit around floating around each other and eventually come up with a plan to get rid of the resurrection ship.

That was a very satisfying episode.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: