EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Where's the online comic??
GP
Pancake
posted 01-04-2007 04:17:34 PM
Where did the EverCrest comic go to?? I miss reading that, it always cracked me up.
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-04-2007 04:25:16 PM
Tim (Drysart) hasn't done it for a long time now.

But the archives still exist.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-04-2007 04:27:29 PM
While you're here, if you're going to stay, G'head and make an introductory post for yourself. Despite what some would lead you to believe, we like newcomers.
GP
Pancake
posted 01-04-2007 04:39:08 PM
Thanks a lot, I couldn't find the archives.

I'll introduce myself, I'm a 25 year old dude, I played EQ when it first came out then quit because it was driving me crazy. Since then I've played SWG and Entropia Universe, both of which are terrible, currently awaiting the release of Twilight War to fulfill my gaming desire.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-04-2007 04:50:38 PM
Have you tried WoW?

It ain't bad. Very similar to EQ in many aspects but... isn't as big of a pain in the ass to get anywhere, and isn't as boring.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-04-2007 04:51:52 PM
Welcome. What caused you return to evercrest.com after, presumably, several years?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

GP
Pancake
posted 01-04-2007 05:24:38 PM
Thanks, I was looking for the comic and came here. As for WoW, I've heard mixed reviews about it, I'm kind of burned out with games right now(Entropia was a massive disappointment).
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-04-2007 08:23:55 PM
You should give it a shot, imo.

It's pretty fun, especially if you liked EQ1, as WoW took a lot from it.

It's less grind and a lot more quest than EQ1 was (pre-task system anyway), and it's a lot easier to keep your character well-equipped by doing a trade skill (which is also a lot easier than it was in EQ1, as you'll get most of your materials by gathering them yourself) and by doing said quests.

Essentially, it's EQ1 with PvP, solo ability for every class, and a lot less grind.

Biggest complaints people typically have with the game are its graphics (which aren't too great, but the artwork for the game is fantastic), or that it is too easy, or that they don't like the endgame, which currently is heavily raid oriented, though in a couple of weeks, that'll change a lot with the expansion.

Willias fucked around with this message on 01-04-2007 at 08:24 PM.

Maradon!
posted 01-04-2007 08:30:15 PM
quote:
GPing:
Thanks, I was looking for the comic and came here. As for WoW, I've heard mixed reviews about it, I'm kind of burned out with games right now(Entropia was a massive disappointment).

seven million people can't be wrong.

Actually, I'm a traitor, since I'm playing EVE now... but the brutal death penalty is threatening to drive me away

Maradon!
posted 01-04-2007 08:32:06 PM
Haha, whups, I accidentally duckrolled EC

I seriously meant to link the MMOG chart

Skaw
posted 01-04-2007 09:42:59 PM
Doesn't Runescape have a limited, but free play deal? It really wouldn't have that many subscribers then.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-05-2007 12:48:36 AM
quote:
Maradon! thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Haha, whups, I accidentally duckrolled EC

I seriously meant to link the MMOG chart

Quack quack quack!

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-05-2007 09:19:05 AM
quote:
Maradon! said:
Actually, I'm a traitor, since I'm playing EVE now... but the brutal death penalty is threatening to drive me away

Haha wait what? There is no death penalty in EVE.

Except for losing your ship, or if you're stupid enough to forget to upgrade your clone. T1 ships can be had for pennies.

Maradon!
posted 01-05-2007 09:30:52 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Mortious booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Haha wait what? There is no death penalty in EVE.

Except for losing your ship, or if you're stupid enough to forget to upgrade your clone. T1 ships can be had for pennies.

Your ship and 80% of your modules, rigs, and ammo? All of your implants if you're podkilled? That can represent dozens of hours of work, and some of the shit can even be totally irreplaceable, like the 3 150mm compressed coil railguns that I lost and had to replace with inferior versions that only cost a little less because there were none left on the market.

The silly "10/1" insurance system doesn't even come close to compensating for just your ship most of the time, let alone all the modules and, god forbid, rigs if I started using them.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 01-05-2007 at 09:33 AM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-05-2007 10:01:55 AM
Eh, I guess.

Though if you're running missions you should really research into what you need to be able to survive them. If you're PVP'ing.. well.. you shouldn't PVP until you have enough money to comfortably replace all your losses, or have someone who can replace them for you for free.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: