EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Christmas Haulage, 2006 Edition
Mightion Defensor
posted 12-24-2006 09:19:25 PM
Even though its still Christmas Eve, we open presents here for the nephews.

I got everything I asked for, pretty much:

Cars on DVD
An iPod Universal Dock
An Airplay FM transmitter for my iPod nano
Final Fantasy III for my DS Lite

Skaw
posted 12-24-2006 09:21:48 PM
Nothing yet. Quit fucking ruining Christmas by opening shit on Christmas eve, you ass.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 12-24-2006 09:28:13 PM
I'd call him on opening stuff on Christmas Eve, but my fiancee does it too. Me, I wait until Christmas Morning. You'll hear back from me then.
nem-x
posted 12-24-2006 09:34:07 PM
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-24-2006 09:35:34 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about dark elf butts:
Cars on DVD

Hahahahahaahahahaa.

It's Christmas EVE, you prissy little wombat.

Gadani
U
posted 12-24-2006 11:00:37 PM
My girlfriend and I exchanged presents today.

She got me a strap for my guitar that previously did not have one. Hooray~

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 12-24-2006 11:17:10 PM
Miss Xyrra and i have been celebrating christmas all month for the most part, because, as you all know im sure, we are heathens.

i have become the owner of a lovely new sony stereo. i can now share my music with the neighborhood. they shall all know the joy of my chemical romance and NIN and whatnot. oh yes, they shall. JOY!

a bunch of books. tons of books. i do love books. hardback black cover of "good omens" among them. and the amazingly amusing "adventures of fanboy and gothgirl".

a hot topic giftcard from my mother which has been spent on boots and a johnny cash shirt. glee!

art stuff. charcoals and paper and all that fun stuff! *swoon*

an FYE card for the both of us. yay!

movie passes for the both of us. breaking into these tomorrow.

and .. and.. *clutches his chest a bit and whimpers* absolute sandman volume one.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 12-25-2006 12:11:07 AM
And I got a lovely bracelet, and a set of figures from the Dreaming to go with the Endless, and a gorgeous tarot deck, and a few more books, and a basket of cookies we've mostly devoured, and a Hot Topic card, and the joint custody FYE card, and.. probably other stuff I'm forgetting!

Greenlit
posted 12-25-2006 12:12:42 AM
quote:
Xyrra had this to say about Tron:
and a set of figures from the Dreaming to go with the Endless

Cain and Abel or go home.

I want to find Lucifer and Mazikeen, but I know it is not to be.

Hostile Makeover
posted 12-25-2006 12:15:29 AM
quote:
Greenlit enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Cain and Abel or go home.

I want to find Lucifer and Mazikeen, but I know it is not to be.

Cain and Abel as well as Merv, Lucien, Nuala, Orpheus, and Eve!

Damnati
Filthy
posted 12-25-2006 12:37:29 AM
A friend gave me Company of Heroes a couple weeks ago, which was pretty ok! I gave another friend the gift WoW for him and his girlfriend in return since I couldn't get anything for the friend who gave me CoH; he thought that was cool. Malkav gave me this huge book of Grimm's fairy tales, not sure exactly how to reciprocate that, but I'm pondering a bit. The family gave the usual clothing and gift cards; I gave the grandparents what I could afford: $10 gift card to Starbucks. Picked up a diamond necklace for the fiancee.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 12-25-2006 01:02:49 AM
so, you hate the holiday.

yet, get tons of stuff.

get your friends expensive games and whatnot, girlfriend a diamond necklace, and the grandparents get a $10 giftcard to starbucks?

no wonder they hate you.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 12-25-2006 01:18:01 AM
quote:
Trent's fortune cookie read:
so, you hate the holiday.

yet, get tons of stuff.

get your friends expensive games and whatnot, girlfriend a diamond necklace, and the grandparents get a $10 giftcard to starbucks?

no wonder they hate you.

The friends got a 20 dollar game in reciprocation for another friend giving me a 40 dollar game. If I could get my family to not give me stuff, I would; I'd really rather not have people spend money on me. As for the $10 gift card, they get a lot those each year and $10 bucks will last them several months as they only ever spend a dollar or two each time for hot chocolate or the cheapest cup of coffee. Also, I hate them, not the other way around; they are unaware of this.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Hostile Makeover
posted 12-25-2006 01:20:53 AM
Gadani
U
posted 12-25-2006 01:52:38 AM
Why do you hate them? All they seem to do is love you, Maho.
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 12-25-2006 02:01:04 AM
We're heathens that open Christmas Eve, yes.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for DS
Final Fantasy III for DS
Children of Mana for DS
God of War for PS2
Capcom Classic Collection volume 2 for PS2
Ong~Bak the Thai Warrior on DVD
A bunch of old random comics.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Willias
Pancake
posted 12-25-2006 02:13:13 AM
The way my family has always done it is that on Christmas Eve we open gifts for close family (for me that would be my mother, father, and younger brother), and then the whole family gets together on Christmas Day for a feast and further gift giving.

Anywho, the total so far is...

Zelda: Twilight Princess for the GC
FF3 for the DS
Yoshi's Island 2 for the DS
A 2GB Insignia MP3 player.
And two swords.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 12-25-2006 02:38:05 AM
Many years my parents picked out a gift that was designated for christmas eve, kinda like the wine before the meal, just one per person
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Damnati
Filthy
posted 12-25-2006 02:39:36 AM
quote:
Gadani had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Why do you hate them? All they seem to do is love you, Maho.

Obligatory gift-giving after I told them I'd rather they spent their money on someone or something else (I don't like receiving gifts for many reasons) doesn't outweigh their behavior the rest of the time. If you saw the way my grandmother stomps my grandfather into the dirt every day, you'd understand; particularly if you were in my position of being unable to do anything about it.

Doomjudge
Pancake
posted 12-25-2006 03:12:22 AM
Kinda bumed out about Christmas, instead of getting the cash I asked for I think I'm getting a whole bunch of clothes I don't really want/need. Probably return them all after the holidays.

Mom bought me a brown winter jacket...problem is I already have 3 winter coats, don't need a 4th.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-25-2006 03:13:21 AM
I got nothing.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 12-25-2006 04:02:25 AM
Dvd/vhs player, portable dvd player, fancy dagger, 10$, digital camera, socks, underwear, pajamas, and new glasses.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 12-25-2006 09:19:11 AM
I gotsa 7.1 Megapixel 3x optical zoom Kodak Easyshare and dock from my sweetie, as well as a new monitor, which I needed badly since even with brightness at 100, my old monitor was all uber dark and I had to waste system resources on a background program to up my gamma, which of course washed out all the colours. Everything's so vivid now! I also got a khopesh, and Grave: The Art of Vampire Hunter D damn big book!. I've got a couple more coming...My sweetie's mom got a check she was counting on late, so I get my present from her Wednesday, and another friend of mine says my present from him is held up in customs.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Taylen
Pancake
posted 12-25-2006 09:36:58 AM
From my mom:
Nice soft warm jammie type things to lounge around the house in.
A big comforter for the bed.
An inflatable lounge thing that has massage things in it for hopefully making my back hurt less when I lay down.
A board game about stupid laws.

From my brother:
A dragonforce cd I sent him the link to when asked what I wanted for christmas.

Everyone else in my family that bothers to get me presents will most likely get me walmart giftcards which is how I prefer it then I can save them for something I truely desire that I probably wouldn't spend the money on myself.

I got my mom some suduko books since she loves doing them and does them at such a rate she can always use more, and I got my brother a Michael Collins gift pack that the ABC store had on sale the week before christmas, was the same price as a bottle of irish whisky only it came with 2 glasses. I didn't get my dad anything because I'm not really close enough to him to know what to get him and I dislike buying presents unless they really scream "So and so will love this" to me.

"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Gadani
U
posted 12-25-2006 10:17:44 AM
I got some (actually nice) clothes (I asked for this), $40, a tire inflator (since I run over so many nails), and a DVD rack thing because all my movies and games are scattered about my room.

The only thing I asked for this year was clothes, so I'm pretty happy.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-25-2006 10:56:38 AM
A home docking kit for my Sirius Stilletto 100
A pair of nice headphones for the same
Beerfest
Clerks II

Be getting a few more things later today.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-25-2006 11:00:39 AM
Gift Cards
----------
45 - Gamestop
10 - McDonalds
25 - Speedway
20 - Blockbuster (still up for sale )
15 - Marcus Theatres
25 - Simon Mall (works anywhere that accepts Visa, so this might as well be cash)
20-50ish - Home Depot (i say this because i got fuckin drill bits and a file set in a grab bag I was in and a power screwdriver in another one. fuckin tools in grabbags...what happened to alcohol? )
Games/DVDs
-----
Guitar Hero 2 Bundle (a legal copy oh god)
Wylde Spiral GH Skin (this is so lame but i'll be damned if i didn't immediately put it on )
Yoshi's Island DS
Final Fantasy V Advance
PS2 Memory Card
House Season 2 DVD ( I don't have Season 1 yet)
Family Guy Season 4 DVD

Other
-----
Pajama Pants
Ripley's one-a-day calendar thing
Flashlight/water Bottle combo (a good bottle for DDRing, i might add)
Shower Radio/Clock (will be returned. )
Assorted Gamer Magazines
Assorted Candies (cola flavored Pez, wtf)

And like 125 bucks in cash or something.

Only things I really wanted that I didn't get were the GH2 Guitar Bag and House Season 1. But I just didn't wanna spend my money on the bag, and I already have Season 1 on my computer, so it's no big loss.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 12-25-2006 11:20:50 AM
From my mom:

Aprons (which I asked for!)
A hand mixer (which I badly needed)
A snowman ornament
potholders
Nummy goodies from Bath & Body
Wicked
A sushi set to share with the better half

From the better half:

A nail kit (which I desperately needed)
Monopoly: Then and Now (which I have been wanting)
Taladaga Nights
The Curious George soundtrack (I Jack Johnson)
My beagle puppy, Natalie
An engagement ring.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-25-2006 11:23:29 AM
-Clothes (lots of underwear, yeah!)
-Nintendo DS
-Many gamez
-Digital Camera
-Scrubs: Seasons 1-4
-ROME: First season
-Books
-Backscratcher

Best of all, though, my parents said they'll help out with Otis' operation

I was good this year.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 12-25-2006 11:28:03 AM
-Very nice summer sports coat and lapis lazuli cufflinks (Sexy, shiny, and can be worn on hot days! Yay!)
-100 piece toolkit
-First aid kit/fire-blanket/fire extinguisher
-Midsomer Murders DVDs (Blood! Blood! Blood! Hahahaha!! )
-Choccies
-Gift certificates

I'm most pleased.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-25-2006 11:42:13 AM
Super-fantastic coffee machine, assorted Doctor Who collectors stuff that I'll never open and keep in the loft while they gain value, some DVD's and money.

The greatest gift was having my mom home out of the hospital for Christmas and New Year.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 12-25-2006 11:49:02 AM
A Victorian boardgame and some cash.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 12-25-2006 11:50:00 AM
Gift Cards
-----------
50 - Turtle Jacks
25 - Milestones
20 - MAC Cosmetics
100 - Penningtons
25 - Payless Shoes
50 - Grocery Store

Stuff
------
Pirates of the Caribbean 2 with sing along DVD (I know..?)
A coffee gift set with 2 mugs, cinnamon and vanilla toppers, and coffee
Comfy house socks
Chocolate
a travel sewing kit
a pair of diamond earrings
some kitchen utensils that won't melt in the oven
scratch cards that I won $10 on
two books on the Black Dahlia murders
a complete bed set (sheets, shams, comforter, duvet)
a 3 pc PJ set
my perfume
Shampoo
a new razor and skin cream
a hair-wrap
a rice cooker
a bathroom storage unit

Other stuff
------------
very possibly a boxing-day special laptop (depending on how much I can convince my parents that I need one)
25 cash from my gramma

Overall, a good year

BeauChan fucked around with this message on 12-25-2006 at 11:50 AM.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 12-25-2006 12:00:43 PM
Actually, I think these have got some sapphire, too. Wow.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 12-25-2006 12:20:11 PM
quote:
Trent's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
movie passes for the both of us. breaking into these tomorrow.

Lemme guess.... Black Christmas? hehehe

As for my haul:

visor organizer for zee truck
headlamp for zee computer working
pants
Los Lobos hoodie
black windbreaker with the Dodge emblem to go with zee truck
CoV game card (30 bucks I dont have to spend. Glee!)

and... core componants to start building my new gaming rig
(this ole P4 1.8 has seen the end of its days)

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-25-2006 12:29:46 PM
About the Gamer Graffix skin for the GH controller..

It's actually a lot nicer than I hoped. I love the Wylde Spiral design, and it has a nice smooth raised texture. The stickers are really high quality and don't seem like they'll come off after sweating a little.

The best part is the button covers, though. They're extremely smooth and make you feel like you're pressing nothing. It's really fantastic. I wish one of them had the yellow button indent, but alas. I don't need it as much as I used to, at least.

If you like the Sunburst or Wylde Spiral skins, I reccomend getting them. Worth the 15 bucks, imo.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-25-2006 12:59:24 PM
-$205 in cash.
-Shadow of the Colossus(PS2)
-A dragon incense burner that makes it look like the smoke is coming out of the dragon's nostrils, really cool(with incense!)
-Absolved of my debt to my friend for loaning me the money to get Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin(so, essentially, Castlevania was his gift to me )
-A Landro Longshot WoW TCG loot card(I can scratch off the code and get a unique in-game Tabard of the Flame)
-A dead Batty(still crossing my fingers for this one)
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 12-25-2006 12:59:32 PM
I got a brand new winter jacket from my girlfriend that I really needed. Some new dress shirts from her as well, and a calendar made of pictures of us together; it was a really thoughtful and really good gift.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 12-25-2006 01:07:31 PM
My birthday and Christmas are all in the same week, so between the two I got:

Nintendo Wii from my wife (I've had this for about a month)
Nintendo DS from my sister
iPod Video (30 GB) from my parents
Tickets to Monty Python's Spamalot from my inlaws

-H

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 12-25-2006 01:27:35 PM
quote:
KaLourin's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Lemme guess.... Black Christmas? hehehe

Night At The Museum.

Trent fucked around with this message on 12-25-2006 at 01:28 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: