EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Yay Christmas Eve
Ares
posted 12-24-2006 10:04:30 AM
I'm going to my grandfather's funeral at 1pm. He passed away the 21st at 89 years old. A good life without any health problems until the last year of his life (even though he was totally blind after the age of 74). He was my last grandparent, which makes it a bit harder.

We're going to carry on with christmas celebration as usual though, since he would have wanted that.

so, what are you guys doing today and tomorrow?

Anakha's Wii
Pancake
posted 12-24-2006 11:47:09 AM
Being the Working Man. Working 7 hours today, and twelve tomorrow.
"From the depths of my parent's basement, thy has truly struck a blow for nonconformity."
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 12-24-2006 12:05:51 PM
Tonight I hang out with my better half's family, then tommorow we go to my family and visit my uncle's grave who passed away 3 years ago Christmas day. Standard Somber Affairs.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-24-2006 01:29:21 PM
Finishing wrapping tonight, then a nice Christmas Day with the family tomorrow.

I'm cooking Christmas Dinner for the first time so it will an... experience. Hopefully I won't incinerate the house. I'm a pretty good cook when I make dishes for myself, but I've never done a full meal for a family before.

Greenlit
posted 12-24-2006 01:33:22 PM
I lost a grandfather around Christmas time a few years ago, too. My condolences, Ares.

I'm visiting with my folks, largely bored out of my mind. Everything's all decorated and ready for tomorrow, when some extended family's coming by for the big celebration. Woo.

I want to go home.

Razor
posted 12-24-2006 06:24:53 PM
kickin it back after wrapin my presents....
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 12-24-2006 06:51:39 PM
Today: Bake bread, lemon-spice biscotti, and make super-trashy Western NY food for dinner (garbage plate, for those in the know).

Tomorrow: Biscotti and brie en croute with a mandarin orange & cranberry chutney for breakfast, movie sometime in the afternoon, and chicken with 40 cloves for dinner.

We already did our gift exchanging and all that.
I love when the whole family is either:
A) On the other side of the country
or
B) Visiting family 2 states over.

Relaxing holidays ftw!~

Blackened
posted 12-24-2006 07:07:51 PM
I'm chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Ares
posted 12-24-2006 07:13:20 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Blackened wrote:
I'm chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool.

And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school

p.s. I'm going to Xyrra's for breakfest and dinner.

Ares fucked around with this message on 12-24-2006 at 07:14 PM.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 12-24-2006 07:32:58 PM
Playing WoW and waiting for this accursed season to be over.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

nem-x
posted 12-24-2006 07:42:37 PM
Greenlit
posted 12-24-2006 07:50:39 PM
Some crazy grandma shot up the mall near where I live.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/24/mall.shooting.ap/index.html

Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 12-24-2006 08:01:02 PM
Baking some bizcochos (mexican cookies) and then eating some foodage later on with our friends.

Tmorrow is visit the aunt's house. The plus is getting a nice meal outta it *laugh* Oh and missin my family. =/

"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
Greenlit
posted 12-24-2006 08:18:52 PM

Damnati
Filthy
posted 12-24-2006 09:10:23 PM
Oh, and merry motherfucking yuletide usurpation day to you all. I hate this season...
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Skaw
posted 12-24-2006 09:16:17 PM
Magnifique
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 12-24-2006 09:17:56 PM
quote:
Damnati had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Oh, and merry motherfucking yuletide usurpation day to you all. I hate this season...

There's one in every crowd, I guess.

That gingerbread house is something else, Sean. "A Very Waco Christmas"?

Blackened
posted 12-24-2006 09:27:09 PM
quote:
Damnati.
Then shut up and leave the threads, stop being a faggot. One post was all you needed to make, and now we understand you hate Christmas, congratulations.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Greenlit
posted 12-24-2006 09:36:31 PM
Worthless faggots like Maho go home.

More people post pictures of your awesome gingerbread houses. I'd snap a few shots of our tree, but it's a boring white and blue color scheme.

nem-x
posted 12-24-2006 09:41:20 PM
quote:
Damnati had this to say about Optimus Prime:

Don't worry, you can always have dinner with this fine gal and not be so lonely

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 12-24-2006 09:47:32 PM
Apparantly, I'm re-installing Windows for the holiday on a different HD cause my main one is dying! HOORAY!
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 12-24-2006 10:03:24 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Mortious said this:
Finishing wrapping tonight, then a nice Christmas Day with the family tomorrow.

I'm cooking Christmas Dinner for the first time so it will an... experience. Hopefully I won't incinerate the house. I'm a pretty good cook when I make dishes for myself, but I've never done a full meal for a family before.

Didn't Mort have a sister that used to come here? Whatever happened to her...

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-24-2006 10:31:51 PM
I think he buried her in the back garden.

Or dumped her in the moors.

Something typically English like that.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 12-24-2006 10:54:21 PM
Friday I came down to Mom and Dad's.

Saturday, Mom and I made meatballs (yum) and Dad came home. A set of their friends came over for tea at about 7-ish.

Today, Mom, Dad and I went to more parental-friends houses for lunch, and then took Gramma to dinner at Swiss Chalet. After that we went to my uncle Ernie's to see him, and ended up visiting with my cousins Allen, Sarah, Jodi, and (soon to be cousin, I think) John.

Tomorrow is present opening in the morning, and then we head to Smithville to see more cousins, my step-gramma and the new baby.

Tuesday is off to Niagara Falls to meet the long-lost great gramma and aunts and cousins.

Then, Wednesday-Friday I think we're going to Owen Sound to visit my uncle and his girlfriend and her kids.

Friday, I'll be back in my blessed apartment, and then I just have to make plans for new years.

Woo.

edit: for 'gramma'er

BeauChan fucked around with this message on 12-24-2006 at 10:56 PM.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-24-2006 11:00:49 PM
Me, my cousin, and my good friend Captain Morgan had a fantastic Chirstmas eve.

I love this day. :qwantz:

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 12-24-2006 11:32:21 PM
Last night I finished wrapping presents, spent most of Christmas eve with my grandparents, watching the carols, then drank the spoils of the Santa run.

Today we all had Christmas lunch, which ended up as the appropriate venue for the settling of all family angst over the year with a passive-aggressive family brawl. As usual.

The loot was good this year though. The meal was also great.

Pvednes fucked around with this message on 12-24-2006 at 11:36 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-25-2006 06:56:05 AM
quote:
Mooj said:
Didn't Mort have a sister that used to come here? Whatever happened to her...

She's a shitty cook, she WOULD burn the house down. Nowhere near a stove will I let her.

And she probably stopped posting because she's a spaz and loses interest in things as fast as she picks them up. Like boyfriends.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: