EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Neverwinter Nights 2 makes my computer cry.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 12-22-2006 10:24:53 PM
Is it just me or does this game run like shit. Even with everything set in the middle I am getting frame-rates in the mid 20s at best during battle. I tried installing it on my older P4 machine and it was even worse.

Are there any secrets here to getting better performance out of this game? Perhaps something consistently over 30.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-22-2006 10:39:39 PM
Teehee.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 12-22-2006 10:46:53 PM
Are you going to even try to be helpful or just an ass?
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-22-2006 10:50:40 PM
quote:
Die, Azizza! You don't belong in this world!
Are you going to even try to be helpful or just an ass?

As I said before, you only make two kinds of posts here anymore. And here you are making one of them again. "Hi! Look at this cool stuff I bought! " "Please help me! I pretend to know a lot when I buy stuff, but I really don't! "

Edit: to answer your question: I'm just going to be an ass. That cool with you?

Densetsu fucked around with this message on 12-22-2006 at 10:52 PM.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Greenlit
posted 12-22-2006 11:02:00 PM
I'm just gonna be an ass and say you wasted $50 - $60.

Plus whatever you spent on your latest useless purchase.

nem-x
posted 12-22-2006 11:02:04 PM
Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 12-22-2006 11:05:15 PM
It runs fine on my MBP. I suspect you're learning how badly games run on Xeons and the quite old P4s.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 12-22-2006 11:07:38 PM
I post when I have a reason to post or have a few extra minutes to post. I could really care less if you or anyone less doesn't like when I post or what I post about. I stopped caring much about what anyone at EC says or does about the time idiots like you started taking over the boards. Occasionally it is good for bits of amusement to see people like you try to boost themselves up by insulting me or someone else but other than that it usually isn't worth the time to it takes to post on here or read 75% of the threads.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-22-2006 11:08:57 PM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I post when I have a reason to post or have a few extra minutes to post. I could really care less if you or anyone less doesn't like when I post or what I post about. I stopped caring much about what anyone at EC says or does about the time idiots like you started taking over the boards. Occasionally it is good for bits of amusement to see people like you try to boost themselves up by insulting me or someone else but other than that it usually isn't worth the time to it takes to post on here or read 75% of the threads.

why the fuck should anyone here help you, if you're gonna call everyone idiots?

i don't expect anyone to help me when i ask

nem-x
posted 12-22-2006 11:08:59 PM
quote:
Azizza spewed forth this undeniable truth:

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 12-22-2006 11:10:14 PM
quote:
Azizza's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

So.. um.

Why do you bother?

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-22-2006 11:19:34 PM
As I said before.

Teehee.

Skaw
posted 12-22-2006 11:31:31 PM
Install it on the omfgpowerful ibook you just bou

oh wait

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 12-23-2006 03:47:15 AM

and again from Miss Xyrra.

oh, runs fine for us.

on our less than uber computers.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 12-23-2006 08:33:17 AM
It ended up being a driver issue with my graphics card. Seeems to run fine now that I have updated to ATI's newest release.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-23-2006 08:48:30 AM
Enjoy the horrible, rushed, Act 3 and similar ending.

I wanted to break my disks in half after that.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 12-23-2006 08:50:49 AM
Great. I was hoping this would be as good as the original. Guess games just arn't what they used to be.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-23-2006 09:45:04 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, the game itself is fun and great to play through.

Just be prepared for a crap ending with a horrible voice-over from a dev because they ran out of voice-over money.

Burori
Pancake
posted 12-23-2006 11:54:54 AM
Not just voice over money but writer money too. I mean WTF was up with that? God I never was disappointed with a game ending before until now....
Neverwinter Nights Characters:

Race: Dwarf
Name: (Kill) Kilinus
Class: Fighter/Weapon Master/ Doom Knight
Level: 14
Allignent: Neutral Evil
Diety: Bane

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 12-23-2006 12:04:40 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when nem-x wrote: