EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I have seen the light
Aaron (the good one)
posted 12-16-2006 04:55:22 PM
I have found extremely tasty pizza, and it is called,

Papa John's

God damn that's some delicious pepperoni and mushroom pizzaing going on in that shop.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
diadem
eet bugz
posted 12-16-2006 05:04:16 PM
Yes, give your silly little monoply money to our american companys...
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
nem-x
posted 12-16-2006 05:07:47 PM
pizza hut is better
the only thing good about papa john's is that garlic sauce
Maradon!
posted 12-16-2006 05:09:00 PM
quote:
nem-xing:
pizza hut is better

Sure if you like grease soaked crust

nem-x
posted 12-16-2006 05:12:10 PM
i dont eat the crust of any pizza :3
Maradon!
posted 12-16-2006 05:12:58 PM
quote:
nem-xing:
i dont eat the crust of any pizza :3

You just peel off the cheese and leave the rest?

nem-x
posted 12-16-2006 05:16:27 PM
Aaron (the good one)
posted 12-16-2006 05:19:27 PM
quote:
One thousand monkies on one thousand typewriters would eventually write what Maradon! said;
You just peel off the cheese and leave the rest?

Maradon!
posted 12-16-2006 05:25:46 PM
What do you call the stuff under the toppings then?
Maradon!
posted 12-16-2006 05:28:17 PM
It HAS to be crust, otherwise thin crust pizza would be just normal thickness with a border of thin cracker crust, and chicago style would have no crust at all.
nem-x
posted 12-16-2006 05:33:10 PM
i call it your mom ooooooooooooooooooooooooh
The Berserker
Pancake
posted 12-16-2006 05:36:56 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLZ!

Papa Johns is pretty good, especially if you can get one of their discount cards.

"Return of the Berserker"
Skaw
posted 12-16-2006 07:40:36 PM
Papa Johns is awesome. But if I'm going cheap, I'll take Dominos.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-16-2006 08:32:08 PM
Papa John's is pretty much the only pizza I actually like. Domino's comes in a distant second and Pizza Hut's very name makes me want to retch.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 12-16-2006 08:46:15 PM
O_o You can call Papa Johns "Pizza" and keep a strait face? Wow.

Pizza King is so much better. Or if you don't mind baking it yourself I suggest Papa Murphy's.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Maradon!
posted 12-16-2006 08:48:55 PM
Pittsburgh must be unique in that there is a staggering abundance of mom and pop pizzarias. I prefer one called Carnival Beverage down by where I used to live but really any of them are superb. CBTao is a huge fan of one called Mineos downtown.

They all make fantastic pizza - especially Mineos - and they all make unbelievably good hoagies (aka subs) that are baked right in the pizza oven. Neither pizza chains nor sub chains can even begin to compare.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 12-16-2006 09:35:14 PM
The only purpose of Pizza Hut is if your cheap and want that 3 pizza thing.

Uno's is the only way to go.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 12-16-2006 09:54:42 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Papa Johns is awesome. But if I'm going cheap, I'll take Dominos.

cheap = little caesar's... pizza! pizza!

Norim Stumpfighter fucked around with this message on 12-16-2006 at 09:55 PM.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-16-2006 10:20:38 PM
quote:
And now, we sprinkle Maradon! liberally with Old Spice!
Pittsburgh must be unique in that there is a staggering abundance of mom and pop pizzarias.

Nah, NJ's like that, too. Within 5 miles of my address, there are about 100 mom and pop pizza places, according to Google maps. NJ guidos loves their pizza.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Demos
Pancake
posted 12-16-2006 10:36:13 PM
Pizza Hut is ass, ad the sauce is way too sugary. Beggars Pizza and Aurelios are good chains in the suburbs here, and as for in the city of Chicago....damn, too many to count. Giordannos, Gino's East, Lou Malnati's, etc.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-17-2006 01:10:49 AM
It's always retarded when people say: "<Chain store> is ass, <specific independant restaurant found only in the west side of Jersey by following a map tattooed on a homeless woman's ass> is way better." The two aren't even comparable. How the fuck do you all manage to make me angry by doing absolutely nothing? This is exactly how genocide gets started.

Domino's is pretty good, IMO. I always eat the crust. When I was a kid, I wouldn't eat the crust and my grandpa would say: "There are kids in Africa who always eat their crusts when they have pizza."

I don't think the kids he was thinking of ever had pizza, though.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 12-17-2006 01:16:48 AM
you probably already knew this but...
lunk
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Willias
Pancake
posted 12-17-2006 01:18:32 AM
Not just that, but sometimes it's the people working in the restaurant that makes the food from there taste like ass.

You could go to like, 3 different Papa Johns and get different quality pizzas from each place, ranging from very good to yuck.

Anyway, I kinda like Little Caesar's.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-17-2006 06:06:13 AM
I like a local shop too but don't go there often because their pizzas are ridiculously huge. Little place called Mario's Pizza. They have good Manicotti, ravioli and other pasta dishes, great subs AND excellent pizza.

I don't find most chain stores to be bad either, though, and prefer them to local shops up at school. I will go to different places dependent on the pizza -- Domino's for a Philly Cheesesteak pizza or Pizza Hut if I'm in the mood for stuffed Crust. At home, I'll go to Little Caesar's if I just want a quick pizza. I'm really not that picky.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 12-17-2006 at 06:08 AM.

Maradon!
posted 12-17-2006 06:11:52 AM
Granted, you'd have to be totally retarded to say that any pizza could possibly be BAD under any circumstances short of putrefaction.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-17-2006 08:37:29 AM
quote:
Maradon! probably says this to all the girls:
Granted, you'd have to be totally retarded to say that any pizza could possibly be BAD under any circumstances short of putrefaction.

It's usually not whole pizzas that are bad, but rather the sauce.

indegloriafeestbeest
Not Smart
posted 12-17-2006 04:03:34 PM
..... Leave it up to Maradon to start a insignificant discussion about something Americans managed to FUBAR.....
The only REAL pizza (and the best) is still only bought in Italy....
Silly thing is,to the Italians it's a starter,and not a main course....
Can't imagine what to eat after a pizza,but ok,different folks,different strokes....
you're born as a child and you die like a child..... inbetween you have a identitycrisis.....
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-17-2006 04:07:33 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while indegloriafeestbeest gently hums:
..... Leave it up to Maradon to start a insignificant discussion about something Americans managed to FUBAR.....
The only REAL pizza (and the best) is still only bought in Italy....
Silly thing is,to the Italians it's a starter,and not a main course....
Can't imagine what to eat after a pizza,but ok,different folks,different strokes....

Jeebus! You come back after how long just to be a moron?

You may prefer the lame crap that passes for pizza in Europe, but that doesn't mean anything other than that you lack taste.

Crawl back under your fucking rock, will you?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

indegloriafeestbeest
Not Smart
posted 12-17-2006 04:09:58 PM
no need to be rude... and no point in dissing europe,you're originaly from there,so who's the moron?
you're born as a child and you die like a child..... inbetween you have a identitycrisis.....
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 12-17-2006 04:26:56 PM
Wow, just wow. Bloodsage You were far to kind in your post man.

And Pizza as it is known in the US is from the United States. It is different than what is served in Europe. American Style Pizza started in a small shop in New York in 1905 or 06.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Aaron (the good one)
posted 12-17-2006 04:44:58 PM
quote:
Oh indegloriafeestbeest. Oh indegloriafeestbeest! Oh indegloriafeestbeest!!;
no need to be rude... and no point in dissing europe,you're originaly from there,so who's the moron?

quoted incase of edit

Greenlit
posted 12-17-2006 04:51:45 PM
I thought she fell off a boat.

Apparently not.

So.. Go fall off a boat.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-17-2006 05:23:17 PM
quote:
indegloriafeestbeest had this to say about Punky Brewster:
who's the moron?

You.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-17-2006 05:37:35 PM
Thin crust = best. How it originally was. As it should be.

Slapping a billion toppings on a veritable slab of dough = not a pizza anymore, it's become a pie.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 12-17-2006 08:00:05 PM
The last few times I've ordered from Papa Johns, the crust was way undercooked. Like so much so that when you took a bite it was stringy like the cheese. (And before any smart asses say "Maybe it was the cheese!" It was deffinatly the pizza dough...) Maybe we just have a suck ass store. The first time I ordered there it was ok for a national chain. Though the ordering online is a good thing.

But at the ... risk of angering Parce and getting a genocide on.. I'll stick with Pagliacci's.. it's a regonal chain for Seattle and the east side of Lake Washington. So it's easy to find here.

nem-x
posted 12-17-2006 08:02:05 PM
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 12-17-2006 08:05:10 PM
Cadga 2.0
Pancake
posted 12-18-2006 11:14:45 AM
quote:
Delidgamond Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I have found extremely tasty pizza, and it is called,

Papa John's

God damn that's some delicious pepperoni and mushroom pizzaing going on in that shop.

they are just getting that in canada?
Wow. I work next door to where they make the dough for the Northeast

Professional Heretic/Sinner/Linux User
"Every Breath leaves me one less to my last"
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: