EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: if evercrest was a tech support hotline, this would be it
diadem
eet bugz
posted 12-12-2006 06:02:09 PM
$.002
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 12-12-2006 07:09:40 PM
Caution: site tries to run an ActiveX.
http://www.bloodfin.net
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-12-2006 09:42:52 PM
Holy , was this guy really on the phone for two hours?

[EDIT] Nope, apparently not.

`Doc fucked around with this message on 12-12-2006 at 10:00 PM.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Razor
posted 12-12-2006 10:17:17 PM
OMG, I hope that when I teach, that the children/teens/adults will know the difference between dollars and cents....
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 12-12-2006 11:57:47 PM
quote:
How.... Razor.... uughhhhhh:
when I teach

Oh God, the horror.

Sakkra fucked around with this message on 12-12-2006 at 11:58 PM.

ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 12-13-2006 04:51:23 AM
quote:
Sakkra stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Oh God, the horror.

That's prettymuch what I say every time he brings it up.

"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
nem-x
posted 12-13-2006 05:31:09 AM
DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 12-13-2006 09:57:40 AM
If I say I'll give you $20,000 for your car and show up with 20,000 pennies clearly we aren't speaking the same language.
roit, less bash 'is noggin
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-13-2006 10:40:36 AM
He had a couple reasonable education methods started that might have worked if he took them further. Too bad he didn't try this:
quote:
I'd like you to get a piece of paper and a pen. Do you have them in front of you? Good. Now on the first line, I'd like you to write the numeric value for two cents, in dollars. You wrote .02, right? Okay, good. Next to it, write the words, "two cents". Have you done that? Then let's go to the next line. Below where you wrote .02, I'd like you to write .002. Next to it, write the words "two tenths of a cent". Now go to the next line. Below .002, write .0002. Next to it, write the words "two one-hundredths of a cent". On the line below that, write .00002, and next to it, the words "two one-thousandths of a cent". Now, find the line with the number showing the amount you charge per kilobyte, and read me the words written next to that number."
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Lalamile
My title doesn't even make sense any more
posted 12-14-2006 06:46:36 PM
This was his responce in the end.

http://www.xkcd.com/verizon/

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: