EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So... UI Updates...
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-06-2006 03:03:24 PM
I see that Blizzard took a nice, big, steaming loaf on the UI community to a degree with this patch. Some of the updates are cool and needed to be done... some are a freaking nightmare unless you are Blizzard.

Anyone know if Flexbar is going to be updated or a viable replacement for it? This is the major part of my UI Setup and honestly I don't like playing without access to the normal 36 buttons I had on my screen before...

Any new and interesting addons that might be popping up now that the patch has been in place almost 24 hours?

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Greenlit
posted 12-06-2006 03:05:57 PM
For a guy who once raged so hard against - of all things - buy scripts and custom models in Counter-Strike, you sure do like 'cheating' like a motherfucker at WoW.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-06-2006 03:14:33 PM
Riiight... The use of all 120 buttons that Blizzard put in the game is the same as a modified graphics file that gives you the ability to instantly see a target because it's neon orange.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 12-06-2006 03:19:35 PM
Grab the last version at the bottom

Flexbar2 - Second last link at the bottom. Their servers are getting hammered so be patient.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-06-2006 03:23:39 PM
Woo! I've been trying to get to the Flexbar Forums since last night and it seems they're just plain dead... Server seems to have assploded or something.

Well, now I can get down to business on fixing the addons I've written and trying to rebuild the rest of my UI.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 12-06-2006 03:29:09 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Greenlit said this:
For a guy who once raged so hard against - of all things - buy scripts and custom models in Counter-Strike, you sure do like 'cheating' like a motherfucker at WoW.

Flexbar is not the same as custom models or scripts. Using flexbar is akin to changing the Counter-Strike display so that you hold weapons with a left-handed stance as opposed to a right-handed stance.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Tier
posted 12-06-2006 03:41:17 PM
blizzard needs to lern 2 code lolol
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 12-06-2006 03:48:28 PM
quote:
Asha'man had this to say about John Romero:
blizzard needs to lern 2 code lolol

To this day I am amazed at how fast Blizzard products can uninstall. Two equivalently sized games: most games take a 10-15 seconds, Blizzard games take less than 2.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 12-06-2006 03:56:06 PM
I'm convinced they just clean out the registry and references to the files and leave all their shit there for the OS to write over later.
Maradon!
posted 12-06-2006 04:07:26 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Naimah booooze lime pole over bench lick:
I'm convinced they just clean out the registry and references to the files and leave all their shit there for the OS to write over later.

That's what every uninstaller does.

That's what every delete operation under windows XP and earlier does.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 12-06-2006 04:09:46 PM
Use ace2 mods problem solved

My 2.0 UI was in ready last week thanks to PTR

Maradon!
posted 12-06-2006 04:17:00 PM
Mods that I need updated or replaced:

• SHARDTRACKER

• SimpleMiniMap (replacing SquareMiniMap which was broken in 1.9)

• QuickCalc (it's just an in-game calculator... nothing more)

• ProTimers (lets me know when banish or any other debuff or DoT will wear off. Like the timer in CTMod but will display multiple timers at the same time)

• Theorycraft (oh jesus christ I need this)

That said, /castsequence macros are the BAWM DOT CAWM

• Brahmin Bloodlust
    High Priest of Drysart
    posted 12-06-2006 04:55:54 PM
    quote:
    Maradon! stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

• ProTimers (lets me know when banish or any other debuff or DoT will wear off. Like the timer in CTMod but will display multiple timers at the same time)

That said, /castsequence macros are the BAWM DOT CAWM

• Pick up the new version of Dotimers....it has pretty timer bars akin to bigwigs for all dots, cooldowns and of course... banish. I love it. However, good luck getting it from any site due to server fuckery... if you have AIM, hit me up at estebon317 and I can toss it over

Tyewa Dawnsister
    In Poverty
    posted 12-06-2006 05:36:46 PM
    quote:
    The logic train ran off the tracks when Maradon! said:

• Theorycraft (oh jesus christ I need this)

• Where did you find an updated version of Theorycraft, everything I'm finding is at least three months old.

"And God said: 'Let there be Satan, so people don't blame everything on me. And let there be lawyers, so people don't blame everything on Satan." - George Burns
    Kegwen
    Sonyfag
    posted 12-06-2006 06:56:58 PM
    quote:
    Tyewa Dawnsister had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
    Where did you find an updated version of Theorycraft, everything I'm finding is at least three months old.

I'm pretty sure he's saying that he doesn't have one and is looking for one

Condom Ninja El Supremo
    posted 12-06-2006 07:10:51 PM
    Flexbar2 LOOKS like it's working.... but where the fuck are my slash-commands? I need to place things, lock them into groups, setup my "aura swap".... and there are no slash commands to work with... wtf?

I have all 120 buttons in the middle of my screen.

Maradon!
    posted 12-06-2006 07:11:17 PM
    Yeah, my list is of mods that I have so far been unable to replace.

Can cross protimers and shardtracker off that list, though.

Bajah
    Thooooooor
    posted 12-07-2006 09:48:27 AM
    So I hit WowAce.com and Curse-Gaming.com and grabbed their "Ready for 2.0" addons that were updated on 12-05 or 12-06 and they all LOOKED like they were working.

Then I tried to disenchant something.

Hit DE hotkey, mouseover item to be DE'd, click, BOOM ERROR HAHAHA

I'm so tired of seeing that "<insert addon here> has been blocked from performing an action available only to Blizzard" blah blah blah error.

After getting it and disabling Ace2, FuBar, a couple of FuBar plugins, ag_UnitFrames, and about 3 other addons, it finally let me DE the damn green piece of junk loot.

Greenlit
    posted 12-07-2006 09:50:45 AM
    quote:
    Bajah said this about your mom:
    After getting it and disabling Ace2, FuBar, a couple of FuBar plugins, ag_UnitFrames, and about 3 other addons, it finally let me DE the damn green piece of junk loot.

But all of these do work, I am using them.

Naimah
    In a Fire
    posted 12-07-2006 10:05:15 AM
    Does aguf have support for the cast bar? I couldn't find how to turn that one in the options.
    Maradon!
    posted 12-07-2006 10:08:12 AM
    quote:
    Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Greenlit who doth quote:

Certain errors seem to have a cascade effect.

For example, casting siphon life was causing one error, but after I disabled the erroring mod, I'd get a new error in an different mod every time I cast it, no matter how many mods I disabled.

Eventually I re-enabled all the mods I'd turned off except the initial one, /reloadui, and had no problems.

Bajah
    Thooooooor
    posted 12-07-2006 01:49:53 PM
    quote:
    Out of a possible 10, Greenlit scored a straight 1 with:

Try DEing something
    Greenlit
    posted 12-07-2006 02:08:00 PM
    I don't think I have a DE mule anymore, since I knew the DE change was coming with this patch.
    Densetsu
    NOT DRYSART
    posted 12-07-2006 03:58:48 PM
    I've still yet to find a working AddOn for action bars. Bartender seems to be completely broken, FlexBar just puts a huge block of 120 action buttons in the middle of the screen and still does nothing with Blizzard's action bars.

FuBar has all its mods bound to the minimap now instead of having bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

OneView was preventing me from accessing the main game menu through ESC. I had to control-alt-delete to get out of WoW.

Whaaaat is goooooing ooooonnn?

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
    Bajah
    Thooooooor
    posted 12-07-2006 04:11:54 PM
    Trinity buttons is pure .
    Greenlit
    posted 12-07-2006 04:22:40 PM
    Bongo Bars is where it's at.
    Aaron (the good one)
    posted 12-07-2006 04:50:16 PM
    quote:
    Rockstar games presents; Densetsu;
    I've still yet to find a working AddOn for action bars. Bartender seems to be completely broken, FlexBar just puts a huge block of 120 action buttons in the middle of the screen and still does nothing with Blizzard's action bars.

FuBar has all its mods bound to the minimap now instead of having bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

OneView was preventing me from accessing the main game menu through ESC. I had to control-alt-delete to get out of WoW.

Whaaaat is goooooing ooooonnn?

Make a script with this in it. Run it when the 'onload' event raises. It will get rid of all the blizzard interface that is not already toggleable.

MainMenuBar:Hide()
    if (ExhaustionTick) then
    ExhaustionTick:UnregisterEvent(\"PLAYER_XP_UPDATE\")
    ExhaustionTick:UnregisterEvent(\"UPDATE_EXHAUSTION\")
    ExhaustionTick:UnregisterEvent(\"PLAYER_LEVEL_UP\")
    ExhaustionTick:UnregisterEvent(\"PLAYER_UPDATE_RESTING\")
    ExhaustionTick:UnregisterEvent(\"PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD\")
    ExhaustionTick:Hide()
    ExhaustionLevelFillBar:Hide()
    end

Delidgamond fucked around with this message on 12-07-2006 at 04:51 PM.

Taylen
    Pancake
    posted 12-07-2006 05:15:14 PM
    If anyone knows a good replacement for Monitor Status, I'd appreciate it as it hasn't been updated in months and no longer can be loaded.

What it did was stick info right in the lower center of my screen at the most readable spot about my target's and groups HP and Mana/rage/energy+combo points.

Like so
    Target 100 100
    Player 85 30/5
    Pet 60 40
    Group1 100 100
    etc

"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
    Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
    Taylen Ashenbow
    Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
    Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
    Taylen
    Pancake
    posted 12-07-2006 05:36:04 PM
    quote:
    Delidgamond attempted to be funny by writing:
    Make a script with this in it. Run it when the 'onload' event raises. It will get rid of all the blizzard interface that is not already toggleable.

if (ExhaustionTick) then
    end

How do you make that into a script, It's far longer than the scripts ingame are allowed to be and even if I type in as much as I can it keeps telling me an invalid symbol is near the \

Taylen Ashenbow
    Taylen
    Pancake
    posted 12-07-2006 05:56:29 PM
    quote:
    A sleep deprived Bajah stammered:
    So I hit WowAce.com and Curse-Gaming.com and grabbed their "Ready for 2.0" addons that were updated on 12-05 or 12-06 and they all LOOKED like they were working.

Then I tried to disenchant something.

Hit DE hotkey, mouseover item to be DE'd, click, BOOM ERROR HAHAHA

I'm so tired of seeing that "<insert addon here> has been blocked from performing an action available only to Blizzard" blah blah blah error.

Turns out the easiest work around for this is....right click the item instead of left click.

Taylen Ashenbow
    Densetsu
    NOT DRYSART
    posted 12-07-2006 10:23:25 PM
    quote:
    Die, Delidgamond! You don't belong in this world!

if (ExhaustionTick) then
    end

W:hat:

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
    Aaron (the good one)
    posted 12-08-2006 01:08:58 AM
    Open up the Flexbar menu (you might have to go into your key binder and bind a key to it first). Open up the Flexbar Script menu, put that script in. Open up the Flexbar Event menu and tell it to do that script with the 'Onload' event.
    All times are US/Eastern
    Hop To: