EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Xbox 360 DVD Drive not reading any disks
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 12-02-2006 08:27:40 PM
Today for no reason whatsoever my X-Box Stopped reading any disks. It doens't matter if they are Games or Movies, the drive just doesn't even register that they are there. Has anyone ran into this problem before?
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-02-2006 08:38:22 PM
Hope you bought a warranty!

You system is probably fucked. Might want to call tech support.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 12-02-2006 at 08:39 PM.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 12-02-2006 11:37:36 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Captain Planet:
Hope you bought a warranty!

You system is probably fucked. Might want to call tech support.

Yea, they're open till midnight I beleive. If its a launch box good luck, nov 20th was launch and they only extended the warrenty to 1 year later I beleive.

Dave
)_(
posted 12-03-2006 06:13:42 AM
I belive the launch xbox 360's had a defect that is covered by microsoft still?
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-03-2006 06:15:44 AM
Why not just use your bragging money to buy a new one already?
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Talonus
Loner
posted 12-03-2006 07:06:12 AM
There's a couple of options. I'm going to assume you're getting the infamous three red lights.

1) Move it to some place with more air flow and try there. It may just be overheating.
2) If you're still under your warranty period, send it back to MS.=
3) If you warranty period is over, smack it. Yes, this does actually work. A common reason for the issue is a bad soldering job on the graphics card.
4) If your warranty period is over, try to fix the soldering yourself. You have to open the machine for this, so you may want to try 3 first.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 12-03-2006 08:10:26 AM
There's also one weird fix that makes no sense but it seems to work. Try plugging it in directly to your wall instead of the surge protector.

Ps: You didn't happen to be playing one of the BK games when it broke, were you?

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Talonus
Loner
posted 12-03-2006 09:11:30 AM
quote:
How.... diadem.... uughhhhhh:
There's also one weird fix that makes no sense but it seems to work. Try plugging it in directly to your wall instead of the surge protector.?

Actually, there's a good reason. The 360 draws a lot of power, more than your average PC actually. If you plug it into an overloaded surge protector, or even just a cheap one, it may not draw enough power to work.

On that note, the power brick can overheat as well and should be placed where it can get air. That shouldn't have to do with the issue at hand though.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 12-04-2006 06:27:16 AM
I called Microsoft and they are going to repair it under warranty. Thanks for the help guys! Well everyone except Densetsu, who is just an ass.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-04-2006 06:40:40 AM
quote:
Azizza was listening to Cher while typing:
I called Microsoft and they are going to repair it under warranty. Thanks for the help guys! Well everyone except Densetsu, who is just an ass.

You rape what you sow.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-04-2006 07:23:30 AM
quote:
Tribute? You steal men's Azizzas, and make them your slaves!
Well everyone except Densetsu, who is just an ass.

All you're good for is flexing your wallet and begging for help. Figure it out.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: