EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: looking for new web comics
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 11-28-2006 02:43:58 AM
if you guys have a moment, could you post links for your favorite comics? I'm looking for some new stuff to read.

I appreciate it.

thanks

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-28-2006 03:11:43 AM
Schlock Mercenary. That's one of my favorites. Nothing like a tall cool order of Blam to start the day. FYI, they're in the middle of a storyline at the moment, so you'll probably be a bit lost if you start trying to read from this point on.

I recommend you take a few days to go through the archives to properly enjoy it. Howard updates it daily, and he's not missed a day in his entire run of the comic.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 11-28-2006 06:50:54 AM
Since I'm sure Sinfest, Penny Arcade, VGCats, Rob & Elliot, and other popular quality comics will be posted, here's a couple unapericated ones....

Saturday Morning Breakfast Creal

Post Nuke Comic - The only "non-funny" comic I read (aside from the "popular" wtf)

Also, don't forget you can read dilbert online.

edit: today's rob and eliot sucks, so don't judge today's. it's one of the best webcomics out there by far

edit2: Also, keep on checking this page. I hear some comics go to this place like, once a year or something. Some are like, you know.. not bad or something.

diadem fucked around with this message on 11-28-2006 at 06:56 AM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Dave
)_(
posted 11-28-2006 07:28:21 AM
http://www.leasticoulddo.com/ It's very low brow humor for the most part but it does have its moments. And alot of comics.
Order of the Stick is a very good d&d comic.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html

Dave fucked around with this message on 11-28-2006 at 07:31 AM.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 11-28-2006 07:30:59 AM
I read xkcd and toothpaste for dinner more often than anything.
Cthulhu_Spawn
Pancake
posted 11-28-2006 08:32:59 AM
I find Dueling Analogs to have it's funny moments, along with Go-Girly to be quite funny.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-28-2006 08:40:27 AM
Alpha Shade - serious storyline
Banished - light humor
Bob & George - mostly out of habit
Candi - light humor
Comedity - light humor, good art
Dilbert - do you need to ask?
Dominic Deegan - storyline with light humor & puns
Freefall - good humor, light story
Foxtrot - another cyndicated
Goblins - storyline & light humor
Least I could do - mix of mature and immature humor
Megatokyo - serious storyline with light humor
Nodwick - big name gaming comic
Order of the Stick - big name gaming comic, storyline & good humor
Real Life - cyndicated, light humor
Sinfest - not as sinful as its name implies
Sluggy Freelance - big name, good humor, numerous storylines
ZapStoryline, light humor, good art in recent strips
Zebra GirlStoryline, light humor, good art

I'm forgetting several, and there are a number of others that either update infrequently or haven't caught my interest.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Willias
Pancake
posted 11-28-2006 10:39:52 AM
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-28-2006 11:33:27 AM
quote:
Ninety-nine bottles of `Doc on the wall, ninety-nine bottles of `Doc...
Least I could do - mix of mature and immature humor
Sinfest - not as sinful as its name implies

Fixed links above.

A couple more I forgot:
Wapsi Square - story & light humor
Count Your Sheep - cutesy humor
Devil's Panties - gamer humor

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 11-28-2006 11:57:07 AM
I just read all of Alpha Shade... it seemed pretty good, although the story is somewhat difficult to follow.

They only put up one page per week? Gack.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 11-28-2006 12:26:34 PM
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 11-28-2006 01:21:02 PM
Ozy and Millie This one's been known to have a Calvin and Hobbes feel to it at times.

The Whiteboard A polar bear running a paintball shop. The first few are actually pictures of drawings he did on a whiteboard, but they get better quickly.

Something Positive I hope you read this allready...

Lackadaisy Hardly any archives, and slow to update. But it has OUTSTANDING art, and it's about cats running a speakeasy back in the 20s.

Palador ChibiDragon fucked around with this message on 11-28-2006 at 01:34 PM.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 11-28-2006 01:42:13 PM
Gone With the Blastwave
and Turn Signals On a Landraider is a good warhammer 40k strip if you are into that kinda thing
roit, less bash 'is noggin
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 11-28-2006 01:59:34 PM
Platinum Grit is one of my favorites. It only updates a couple times a year ( D: ), but when it does you'll get an entire, comic-book length issue.

Elf Only Inn has begun updating again. It was originally a cut-and-paste comic about IRC roleplaying, then evolved into a hand drawn comic (also about IRC roleplaying). The setting has now moved to an MMORPG. Updates typically come the day after they're supposed to, and to be perfectly honest, I don't know how long the comic is going to last =\

No Rest For The Wicked is a great comic which twists classic fairy tales. The creator is currently taking a little break between storylines, but in the meantime you'll have some fun in the archive.

The Beevnicks is a little weird, but usually hilarious.

Penny and Aggie is the best strip you've never heard of. It's become more of a soap opera over time, but for the most part it's funny and has sharp art.

Daily Dinosaur Comics: IT IS THE GREATEST WEBCOMIC IN HISTORY GUYS SERIOUSLY.

Alien Loves Predator is probably funnier if you live in New York, but even if you don't I'm sure you'll like it.

Hey, this list is getting kind of long. This is the last one, I promise.

Irregular Webcomic! proves that Australia = awesome. The comic is updated each and every single day, but follows a variety of storylines, hence the "Irregular." You can find out a bit more about the various plots on thecast page.
Just FYI, today's comic is a bit of avant garde tomfoolery; it isn't really a good example of the comic's usual fare.

k I'm done.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Greenlit
posted 11-28-2006 02:04:47 PM
It really doesn't get much better than Dinosaur Comics. Achewood, Qwantz and PA are the holy trinity of joke-a-day humor.
Greenlit
posted 11-28-2006 02:07:36 PM
Yet somehow nobody posted Achewood. I am very disappointed in you all.
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 11-28-2006 02:46:33 PM
youdamnkid
Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-28-2006 02:51:34 PM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Yet somehow nobody posted Achewood. I am very disappointed in you all.

I didn't see the thread until just now. That's what I came in here to post.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-28-2006 05:44:03 PM
Achewood and Rob and Elliot are pretty funny, but I never read them.

I hate myself for still reading Questionable Content and VGCats, as they are barely ever funny anymore. Same with Punks and Nerds, but I think those guys plain out stopped making the thing.

Dinosaur Comics is the best comic out there with Perry Bible Fellowship in second. Penny Arcade is pretty much the essential webcomic though.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 11-28-2006 06:14:42 PM
Turn Signals on a Land Raider for all the WH40K fiends.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-28-2006 06:27:20 PM
Girl Genius - Steampunk adventure, what more could you ask for? You can go through the entire run online. The new comics only come out online and then once the volume is through, it's released in hard and soft covers.

Errant Story - By the people who brought you Exploitation Now. I like Meji even more than I liked Jordan.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 11-28-2006 06:35:10 PM
awesome suggestions guys, thanks!

The only comics i had bookmarked on my laptop, cause my pc died, were pvp, penny arcade, wtf, order of the stick, vgcats (meh), GU and starslip crisis... now i got quite a few new things to read

Talonus
Loner
posted 11-28-2006 07:01:55 PM
Another two (slow updating) ones to throw on the list;

Kristy Versus the Zombie Army and Minus..

Kermitov
Pancake
posted 11-29-2006 12:26:40 AM
Friend Bear

But I wish it updated more often.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: