EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Mixing Video cards. Good, bad, ugly?
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-24-2006 03:41:49 PM
Is there any problem mixing an Nvidia and ATI card on the same system and installing both sets of drivers? I am hesitant to install the drivers for the 7300 in my system since I know at one point they didn't play well with ATIs driver package. Is this still the case?

As a side note, can anyone tell me if those CD scratch removers work very well. I managed to scratch up my Winter assault CD just enough to cause problems. They are not very deep but I am getting some read errors and was hoping that it is fixable.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 11-24-2006 04:52:00 PM
It really depends on the application.

Personally, I wouldn't mess with it.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-24-2006 05:42:13 PM
Mixing vendor types is a bad idea in general.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Maradon!
posted 11-25-2006 12:32:07 AM
The CD scratch removers work ok, but if you don't get a motorized one they can be very finicky.

Basically, the manual ones have to be spun fairly fast, or else it turns from a "scratch remover" into a "scuff maker"

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-25-2006 09:07:28 AM
I got one of the Motorized ones yesterday, it worked on one CD but not the other. Anyone have the .Cab file from the second CD of Winder assault?
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-25-2006 10:02:57 AM
quote:
Azizza said:
I got one of the Motorized ones yesterday, it worked on one CD but not the other. Anyone have the .Cab file from the second CD of Winder assault?

If you've already purchased the game it is quite legal for you to download it via torrents for backup purposes.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: