EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: PS3 price plummeting!
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 11-23-2006 01:24:36 PM
Now only for $0.99.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-23-2006 01:28:06 PM
Did the guy just fuck up his starting price or is there something like "box only" that I'm not seeing?
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 11-23-2006 02:07:44 PM
The seller fucked up on his "Buy it now" price. Some lucky bastard got a PS3 for $0.99 before shipping.

why wasn't it me?!

Greenlit
posted 11-23-2006 02:09:42 PM
eBay will let him crawfish on it given that it was a legitimate and costly typo.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 11-23-2006 07:59:26 PM
I went into a Pet Store and the guy who owned it was selling a PS3. I asked him how much it was....

... he said $1500.

I almost fainted. Who the hell would pay that much??

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 11-23-2006 08:17:01 PM
People with extra cash of some amount greater than your quarterly pay?
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-23-2006 09:48:58 PM
quote:
BeauChan had this to say about Pirotess:
I almost fainted. Who the hell would pay that much??

Several thousand people that are buying them on eBay.

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 11-23-2006 at 09:49 PM.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 11-23-2006 10:38:31 PM
I find it hilarious, how people will buy the first generation of a new console. Add in the fact that they buy it for three or four times the retail value. They deserve what they get.
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-23-2006 11:51:51 PM
quote:
Azakias said:
I find it hilarious, how people will buy the first generation of a new console. Add in the fact that they buy it for three or four times the retail value. They deserve what they get.

I always wondered why the hell people do this.

I mean.. you get to play those games a few weeks before everyone else. Yay? What's it all about, simply bragging rights?

Willias
Pancake
posted 11-23-2006 11:56:55 PM
quote:
Mortious was listening to Cher while typing:

I mean.. you get to play those games a few weeks before everyone else. Yay? What's it all about, simply bragging rights?

That and people are just impatient towards some things.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-24-2006 12:09:59 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

We want what others have. Some people out there are using the Wiimote and Nunchuck to aim and snipe something with Link's bow and arrow. And I could be doing it too. /crai

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 11-24-2006 12:51:46 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Delphi Aegis:
Wiimote and Nunchuck

I prefer to call it the Nintendo Entertainment Remote, or the "Wii NER", for short.

The jokes pretty much write themselves.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Talonus
Loner
posted 11-24-2006 03:08:11 PM
quote:
Azakias had this to say about Robocop:

Except Nintendo consoles. They're built like rocks, so there's nothing wrong with getting a first gen.

quote:
Delphi Aegis impressed everyone with:
Some people out there are using the Wiimote and Nunchuck to aim and snipe something with Link's bow and arrow. And I could be doing it too. /crai

You'll love the Old West style showdown.

Alaan
posted 11-24-2006 03:28:41 PM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Except Nintendo consoles. They're built like rocks, so there's nothing wrong with getting a first gen.

Except for some people on SA with bricks, wigging out controllers, and some other minor stuff. You're still far better off with it than a PS3(probably, eBay has really skewed us from seeing many failures show up yet) or a launch 360 though.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 11-24-2006 06:12:02 PM
quote:
Die, Alaan! You don't belong in this world!
Except for some people on SA with bricks, wigging out controllers, and some other minor stuff. You're still far better off with it than a PS3(probably, eBay has really skewed us from seeing many failures show up yet) or a launch 360 though.

Friend of mine got a faulty power cable.

Even so, it's really difficult to beat Nintendo's warranty and repair service if your system DOES have a problem.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 11-25-2006 08:30:17 AM
KaL and I learned our lesson in terms of buying a first gen new console. Hell first gen damn near anything. Let someone else be the test dummies. ;D
"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
Maradon!
posted 11-25-2006 12:18:48 PM
quote:
Talonusing:

That's cos they're second-gen gamecubes.

Yuri
posted 11-25-2006 12:33:36 PM
quote:
Maradon! attempted to be funny by writing:
That's cos they're second-gen gamecubes.

Do you ever say anything about Nintendo that is NOT bashing them? Fucking retard.

Maradon!
posted 11-25-2006 01:05:36 PM
quote:
Yuriing:
Do you ever say anything about Nintendo that is NOT bashing them? Fucking retard.

Truth hurts, don't it

Ironically I also bashed the PS3, and I also bashed the 360 for a while before it came out, and nobody said anything about that.

Gadani
U
posted 11-25-2006 01:07:01 PM
quote:
So quoth Maradon!:
Truth hurts, don't it

Ironically I also bashed the PS3, and I also bashed the 360 for a while before it came out, and nobody said anything about that.

They only care about it when you bash something really new and innovative. Fucking retards

e: wrong word

Gadani fucked around with this message on 11-25-2006 at 01:07 PM.

Maradon!
posted 11-25-2006 01:56:11 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Gadani booooze lime pole over bench lick:
They only care about it when you bash something really new and innovative. Fucking retards :mad:

e: wrong word

Innovative :D

Gadani
U
posted 11-25-2006 02:02:57 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Maradon!:
Innovative

Do you put that on your hand and press the buttons with your other hand?

Willias
Pancake
posted 11-25-2006 02:09:46 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Yuri said:

Tech-wise, he's right.

A Wii, graphics-wise, is nothing more than a souped-up Gamecube.

The big difference is the controller and how games are played on it.

And Maradon, you may have bashed the 360 and the PS3 as well, but the things you've said about those consoles don't come anywhere near your consistent trolling of Wii threads, and your apparent insatiable hate towards the Wii, GC, and Nintendo in general.

Maradon!
posted 11-25-2006 02:15:38 PM
COME ON AT LEAST SOME OF IT IS FUNNY

Take the powerglove link I just posted. I didn't mean that shit, that was just being absurd for the fun of it.

I'd say if you remove all the stuff that I quite obviously was not serious about, then the sum total of my wii bashing is at least equal to the sum total of my bashing of any other system.

Well, apart from the fact that I quite seriously don't think the wii is worth buying because it's long obsolete technology and I'm still not convinced that Nintendo has left behind it's kiddy-shit phase anyway.

Actually, that's pretty comparable to my gripes with the PS3 now that I think of it.

Greenlit
posted 11-25-2006 03:07:20 PM
Accuracy of his statements be damned, the reactions to Maradon's Nintendo jabs are sources of much hilarity.

I picture miniature George C. Scotts flailing around in the War Room, screaming about possible mineshaft gaps and the imminent commie threat.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: