EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So yeah, I got a new one.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-23-2006 09:25:58 AM
My old G5 and P4 were getting a bit long in the tooth and I decided it was time to upgrade. Since me and Cathy needed to do some shopping anyway we headed up to Indianapolis to one of the larger malls that just happened to have an Apple store in it. While cathy was off getting trinkets I snuck over to the Applestore and picked out a new toy.

2X Dual core Xeon running at 2.66Ghz
3Gig of DDR2
1X 250GB HD
2X 500GB HD
16X DVD+/- RW Drive.
Nvidia Geforce 7300 (Blech)
ATI Radeon X1900 XT
Airport and Bluetooth Module.

I almost got a 23 inch Cinema Display but I just couldn't justify the cost. So instead I got a brand spanking new Viewsonic VX2245wm. I highly recommend this display to anyone looking for a new Flat panel. It is a 22 inch display although the resolution is only 1680x1050, it is a huge improvement over my Samsung 204B. And at only 400 bucks itr is a great deal with the integrated iPod Dock.

I plan on getting a Light-scribe DVDRW drive and a 320 GB hard drive to load Windows on. Right now I just loaded Windows on one of the 500GB drives but I will be putting the 500 Gig drives together on a Raid to hold my Video work as soon as I can get that straitened out.

I must say that this things is faster than I ever thought it would be. My P4 was killer, my G5 was great, but this things blows them out of the water. WoW and EQ2 both run flawlessly with frame rates off the charts, and the ability to run both OS's on one machine instead of having a KVM set up and wires strung everywhere is such a bonus.

My only complaint has been that one of the sticks of Ram appears to be bad so I am running with only 2Gig right now.

I am a happy camper, and just thought I would come out of lurking for a bit since I was so excited. Now I am back to finishing up my wedding planning and getting the programs done.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-23-2006 05:10:25 PM
OH GOD ONLY TWO GB OH MY GOD
nem-x
posted 11-23-2006 05:23:37 PM
You only play wow and eq2

w-hat

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-23-2006 05:47:54 PM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
You only play wow and eq2

w-hat

No but those are the only two I had installed so far. I am having some graphics issues in Dawn of War. Some of the text is not showing up properly. I can only see parts of some letters in the game. I get the feeling it has something to do with the Nvidia and ATI drivers not playing nice together.

And yes only 2GB. For gaming that is fine yes, but for production work it is on the lowish side. And while I love to play, this is a work machine as well.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Maradon!
posted 11-23-2006 06:20:04 PM
Nobody cares.

Wang wave elsewhere.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 11-23-2006 07:52:51 PM
The only time you ever post here anymore is to brag or to beg for help. Fuck you.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: