EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: How are you today?
Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-15-2006 06:07:30 AM
I am doing quite well. I have been handed some items that I might qualify as "good news" lately.

The English Department here has something called the "Literary Cat Award." It's a prize of three hundred dollars awarded to the person with the best original short story or poem under five hundred words and involving a cat. I wrote four hundred and ninety nine word story about a guy who murders his mistress by shoving a cat down her throat. Nice.

What are you doing today? Will it be a busy day?

I found out my story for my class isn't due until the week after Thanksgiving. That gives me more time to think about it.

Are you looking forward to Thanksgiving? It is a fun holiday.

My mom offered me one of her apartments to live in. It has two bedrooms, a bathroom, a living room and a kitchen. That's a big step-up from my current one bedroom, one bathroom, living room-kitchenette combination situation here. Most importantly, it has a yard for my little runts to go play in (and poop in). I am very excited.

How is your living arrangement today?

How is your job?

How is your spouse or significant other or shrimp bait barn?

Talk to you later

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-15-2006 08:40:49 AM

I'm doing some work, and hopefully I'll pick up Medieval 2 today. But goddammit, I'm calling first!

Yes, because I'm spending the whole week with the in-laws. Which should be bad, but we'll be in the Florida Keys, which will be good! I've got my banana hammock all packed.

My mom offered me one of her apartments to live in. It has two bedrooms, a bathroom, a living room and a kitchen. That's a big step-up from my current one bedroom, one bathroom, living room-kitchenette combination situation here. Most importantly, it has a yard for my little runts to go play in (and poop in). I am very excited.

Still near school, I assume? No degenerate negroes in the neighborhood, I hope...

Same as it was yesterday: a nice townhome in the suburbs.

How is your job?

Job is fine, but the commute is killing me. I hope to have a new job by the first of the year.

She is overworked and underappreciated...not by me, of course.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Greenlit
posted 11-15-2006 09:20:01 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Mr. Parcelan wrote:

How is your job?

1: Not a whole lot. I have a cold and no job, so I'm chillaxin'.

2: Uh, I dunno. Don't have any plans right now.

3: It's a madhouse, dawg. Five adults, two kids, two dogs, in a three-bedroom. At least the AC's working now, it hasn't been for the last few days.

4: Non-existant. I had a job interview scheduled yesterday, but he called to reschedule at the last minute, citing a family medical emergency. 4pm tomorrow is the new time, but I'm not hopeful of it happening at all. Florida sucks.

5: He's just fine

Greenlit fucked around with this message on 11-15-2006 at 09:20 AM.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 11-15-2006 10:57:59 AM

So far I've baked bread and worked on a Christmas present. Later I'll clean, waste time online, look for a job; you know, the same old stuff.

Why yes I am. It's just me, the better half, and the kidlet at home and then the weekend after we're going to my dad's for the weekend. There is supposed to be a mystery guest *cough*Deth*cough* there to surprise the kidlet.

Sweet deal. Now you and the fuzzies can pick up new chicks.

Just fine. Cookie cutter neighborhoods aren't so bad, the house is awesome, and I have a back yard I can play in without fear of whale-sized redneck neighbors sunning themselves in their skivvies (on the other hand, they're building a townhome community along our property line and 5:30 am is too freaking early to start work, damnit).

How is your job?

Still looking. I had to really good interviews last week, both of which I am hopeful to hear back on (one moreso than the other). Should hear something either way by the end of this week. Or so they told.

Fantastic. 'Tis the season to buy a new car with major rebates so he's been uber busy at work.

Good luck with the writing contest. It's the twisted stories that always win out!

Jajahotep fucked around with this message on 11-15-2006 at 10:59 AM.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 11-15-2006 11:33:05 AM
Today is the day I was supposed to close on my new townhouse. This may or may not have been pushed back to friday. I honestly don't know. I've been calling the mortgage company and my agent a half dozen times this morning to find out what the hell is going on, and getting nowhere

So, I might own my own place by this weekend. Or I might own it sometime next week. Either way, I will own my own place soon, and I am excited to get in there ASAP.

Alaan
posted 11-15-2006 12:23:00 PM
Today I had class, got a haircut, and then I have an 8 hour closing shift at work!

Thanksgiving will be rocking. Blind Guardian concert woo.

Nobody is home, so I am rocking out with some loud music.

48 hour weeks. But good since I have a car payment now.

Non-existant but having fun macking on a girl at work!

Suddar
posted 11-15-2006 01:03:51 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

Are you looking forward to Thanksgiving?

How is your job?

1. Probably not. I have to get my car looked at soon but it likely won't be today. So I'm just going to sit on my ass and wait for next week.

2. Yes and no. As soon as I eat on Thanksgiving, I'm out of here, and I won't be coming back, and that's kind of a weird feeling.

3. My living arrangement right now is about as comfortable as it can be because I'm leeching off of my father. Starting next week it probably won't be so good, and I'll be living in the middle of a big city and shit, but whatever, I can cope. Sometimes life is too easy anyway.

4. No job at the moment. I have a few job leads in Atlanta, but nothing solid.

5. She's well enough. Our relationship is a whole different story for a whole different post. It's been pretty crazy, but hey, we're moving in together.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 11-15-2006 01:07:44 PM
maybe, not sure, few things here and there to be done.

kind of yes, kind of no. my family is nuts, so its touch and go.

same as it has been, house, yard yadda yadda.

How is your job?
what?

she is fine and dandy and wearing a cat as a belt.

Oreowned
My friends call me 'Wiggles'
posted 11-15-2006 01:38:39 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Robocop:

How is your job?

Took a test, went to lunch with some friends then skipped class to take a nap and play Zoo Tycoon.

Yes, first decent meal I'll be having since I left for school

Same old dorm life. Roommate is high.

Gross.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-15-2006 01:39:55 PM
What is gross about your job?
Oh just go to hell
Pancake
posted 11-15-2006 02:36:33 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:

How is your job?

Well, I'm posting here, obviously. Actually, I'm trying to get work done before the break. Not too busy, I guess.

Oh yeah, who doesn't love time off? I know I do.

I am living the apartment lifestyle.

I don't have one. T_T

Or one of those, either. T_T T_T T_T

Oreowned
My friends call me 'Wiggles'
posted 11-15-2006 03:16:16 PM
quote:
So quoth Mr. Parcelan:
What is gross about your job?

Being a lab tech = mashing up mice bits for testing. They smell remarkably like play-doh.

Cadga 2.0
Pancake
posted 11-15-2006 03:18:20 PM
I beat some of my minions today within an inch of thier lives. It was a grand event attended by only the most Socially Elite.
Professional Heretic/Sinner/Linux User
"Every Breath leaves me one less to my last"
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-15-2006 03:20:11 PM
heh... you "Flogged your Minion"....
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-15-2006 06:09:48 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Mr. Parcelan said this:
What are you doing today? Guitar Hero, Contact and Final Fantasy XII on the plate today.

Are you looking forward to Thanksgiving? Yes. Tasty foods inc.

How is your living arrangement today? I got a new entertainment center. I managed to hook up 7 systems to my TV.

How is your job? It's pretty cool. People keep calling off and making me work alone though.

How is your spouse or significant other or shrimp bait barn? Some girl in my speech class likes me I think oh god.

Talk to you later peace, dude

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 11-15-2006 06:42:36 PM
Today I went to work, and it was kinda busy.

I found out my story for my class isn't due until the week after Thanksgiving. That gives me more time to think about it.
I was never really that good with writing stories

Since I'm Canadian, I've already had thanksgiving - but I hope yours is a good one!

My mom offered me one of her apartments to live in.
Sweet deal!

It's good - I'm in a one bedroom apartment all by my lonesome now, so I have lots of freedom.

How is your job?
Busy :S

I'm working on that

Talk to you later
10-4.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 11-15-2006 07:02:50 PM
I like the sound of that story and believe you have a rather good chance of winning. =D Will you be posting it?

For me it has not been a busy day as such. I've been fully embracing my life as a boring person in that i've taken up knitting. Ok I kid, i've got plans, including a trip to London in the next few days to work on a photography project, which I shall elaborate on in the "work" part.

I'd appreciate Thanksgiving a lot more if I celebrated it.

My living arrangement could be better. I'd really like to get myself a place in my home town but can't really do so until I finish university. I currently rent an apartment where I study but am never there because it's crap and i'm in the process of ending the contract so I may commute to uni.

I'm trying to get my job back as my financial situation is depressing. Uni wise i'm doing a project on CCTV and another on family photography. I'm also writing an essay with the intentions of being the first person I know of on the course to ever get a first (Or an 'A') for anything.

My Gentleman Friend is fine. He's currently having a leisurely read in the bath. I've decided he needs to do something with his hair because it sticks up and makes him look like a lab technician from my university's life science department.

It has occured to me i've never really had a conversation with Parcelan. Am I missing out?

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-15-2006 07:09:04 PM

I didn't do much. Finished reading Tuesdays With Morrie for a class, have to write up a journal entry type deal on it. Then have to work on a Character Analysis for my part in a scene of a play for Acting I (due in one week).

Mmm. Food. I like food.

A bit messy, but otherwise a nice little apartment. Though we still get raped for electricity which means our AC = opening a window.

How is your job?

I still love it every day. Can't beat writing video game reviews for $$$.

Carrie is doing quite well. She's nearly landed herself a decent job to hold her over until next year when she goes off for Graduate school. Silly student loan payments.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 11-15-2006 07:45:22 PM
Woke up at 9, heard roommate in shower, slept for another hour. Hit campus, banged head against homework for a bit. Went to class. Ate lunch. Went to class. Came home for dinner. Will be finishing homework and going into lab if it's before 2Am tonight.

In short, lots and yes.

Not really. I think I'm going to a Sharks game on Wednesday though.

5 guys in a house right across the street from campus. It's pretty sweet. I need to spend more time here.

How is your job?
If you can call it a job...busy as hell still. Probably will be until I graduate and get a real one.

Alidane fucked around with this message on 11-15-2006 at 07:49 PM.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 11-16-2006 12:23:34 AM
I killed a man.
Nina
posted 11-16-2006 01:10:43 AM
I was almost killed by some psycho but managed to survive by pretending to be dead.
Alaan
posted 11-16-2006 01:44:46 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough had this to say about dark elf butts:
How is your spouse or significant other or shrimp bait barn? Some girl in my speech class likes me I think oh god.

You need to jump all over that, holmes.

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 11-16-2006 01:44:52 AM
1: Day's over now, and it kind of sucked. Most I accomplished was getting stoned. Which does sort of make it a little more enjoyable, but still.

2: Thanksgiving is long gone in Canada. We have for some time been on the long, slow, freezing decline towards Christmas. I do have some stuff to look forward to, just not Thanksgiving.

3: Same as usual.

4: D: D: D: D: D:

5: Same as usual. Which is very enjoyable, don't get me wrong.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Steven Steve
posted 11-16-2006 11:12:34 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan Model 2000 was programmed to say:

How is your job?

Talk to you later

Today I am lifting weights and going to work. It will be somewhat busy but not in the truly busy sense. I probably won't get everything finished at work.

Thanksgiving is not a holiday for me, it's a meal. As such, holy shit.

Burn in hell.

My living arrangement is with my parents. In other words, it rules.

My job is annoying. I perform all the actions of a super spy, but get paid 10 cents over minimum. Perhaps I will quit and get a paper route because I am lazy.

My significant other left me for a girl. It seems as though I have a date with a saucy young lady next week.

God damn it.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

The Berserker
Pancake
posted 11-16-2006 01:54:58 PM
1:I'm working today. I might go home and WoW or finally finish my play through of KH.

2:Thanksgiving, I will probably be home alone, playing with my Wii....naked.

3:I live with my parents whilst i go to school and work.

4:My job is pretty crappy. Since the owner of the theater is an ass, he decided that he wouldn't pay Disney the money he owned them for 2 "copies" of Pirates of the Carribean 2, that he would split into two halves and make us move the halves between shows, so he could show it on 2 screens. Well, we got rid of an employee recently who was more horrible than me, and since he "wanted to get back at" the owner, he reported the split to Disney. So i may not have a job in a couple of weeks, because i know the owner doesn't have enough money to keep running this theater and feed his drug habit. The thing my former coworker failed to realize, is that he also screwed the rest of us out of a job. So im kinda looking for a new job.

5:Well, lacking a spouse and a significant other, i guess i should start building a shrimp bait barn.

Oh, and Faz, did she say that "after you, no other man would be able to satisfy her"?

Bonus points if you know what the quote is from

"Return of the Berserker"
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 11-16-2006 03:46:27 PM
quote:
Stalwart Steve attempted to be funny by writing:
My significant other left me for a girl.

I still laugh when I think about that.

I'm sorry.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-16-2006 04:05:43 PM
quote:
Quoth Snoota:
I still laugh when I think about that.

I'm sorry.

Damn, that'd do wonders for the ol' sexual self-confidence, knowing yours was the cock that turned her off men!

Bloodsage fucked around with this message on 11-16-2006 at 04:06 PM.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 11-16-2006 04:09:09 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about dark elf butts:
Damn, that'd do wonders for the ol' sexual self-confidence, knowing yours was the cock that turned her off men!

Unless he was her first and he's hung like a horse.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-16-2006 04:12:45 PM
He shouldn't have PIITB.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-16-2006 04:14:10 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Katrinity squealed:
Unless he was her first and he's hung like a horse.

That's what every guy would say by way of alibi, though.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-16-2006 04:34:59 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Stalwart Steve wrote:
My significant other left me for a girl.

"Been there, done that". God damn psycho bitches.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Steven Steve
posted 11-16-2006 04:52:35 PM
I performed well enough in bed, in fact she left me high and dry like half the fucking time. When we stopped having sex regularly (getting some like once a week doesn't cut it) I suspected her of trying to deball me or turning gay so I called her out on it and lo and behold, haha.

Die, bitch.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-17-2006 07:47:55 AM

I spent the day moving out of halls. It involved a whole lot of heavy lifting. Tomorrow I shall do some gardening, and it will involve a whole lot of manual labour.

Oh! I also got an 1884 copy of The Count of Monte Cristo. It feels wonderful in the hands.

I don't get to play. We stole someone else's land.

Back at home for a little while. This is not particularily good. I need my own space.

How is your job?

Both dangerously unpaid. I'm doing some science for a group of animal shelters, at the behest of some family. The shelters can't afford to pay me, but it does get my name in the journals once I'm done. I've also been doing the fireman thing.

If I'm not getting money, I damn well want the credit.

As for money, my tutoring has dried up for the moment, because school's out. No-one needs a tutor over the summer. Also, the newsagent I worked at last year's gone bust. I have to get some money work. My charity only goes so far.

Finished. Probably the most enjoyable relationship I've ever had. I want another, and soon. I haven't had any in weeks.

This time of year's usually a small setback, but I'll have it all sorted in no time flat.

Pvednes fucked around with this message on 11-17-2006 at 07:49 AM.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 11-17-2006 08:21:59 AM
My first girlfriend turned into a lesbian too. She's a cop now and could probably beat me up.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Oh just go to hell
Pancake
posted 11-17-2006 09:47:32 AM
quote:
Stalwart Steve had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I performed well enough in bed, in fact she left me high and dry like half the fucking time. When we stopped having sex regularly (getting some like once a week doesn't cut it) I suspected her of trying to deball me or turning gay so I called her out on it and lo and behold, haha.

Die, bitch.

You could always turn gay.

Steven Steve
posted 11-17-2006 12:06:54 PM
No, I truly couldn't.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 11-17-2006 12:30:23 PM
quote:
Bloodsage thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

My folks were married for thirty years before they divorced. My mom is not living with he lesbian lover in England.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 11-17-2006 04:35:11 PM
I have the alpha cold. The illness from which all other, lesser illnesses was spawned.

quote:
Azakias had this to say about Captain Planet:
My mom is not living with he lesbian lover in England.

w:hat:

Steven Steve
posted 11-18-2006 01:46:15 AM
What I hate the most is that my life is like a god damn episode of Friends/Seinfeld and I'm reminded of it every day

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-18-2006 02:20:46 AM
quote:
Stalwart Steve had this to say about Cuba:
What I hate the most is that my life is like a god damn episode of Friends/Seinfeld and I'm reminded of it every day

At least it's not Frasier. Or Dharma and Greg.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: