EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: There's big doin's over at the old Callalron place!
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 11-11-2006 10:04:31 PM
Haven't been around for a bit, but that's due to a couple of reasons. First Windows ate itself, yet again on my main computer. But the main reason is that last Sunday Elena and I had our first child. A baby boy whom we named Michael Paul Reynolds. He made his appearance at 5:13 am and weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and was 20.5 inches tall. Mom and baby are doing fine, although everyone is understandably tired with everything that's going on.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-11-2006 10:05:23 PM
Hey, hey! Congratulations, my friend! That's fantastic news.

You should have named him Parcelan Jr., though.

Cadga 2.0
Pancake
posted 11-11-2006 10:07:38 PM
grats Call
Professional Heretic/Sinner/Linux User
"Every Breath leaves me one less to my last"
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-11-2006 10:27:14 PM
Dude, that's awesome!

I feel out of the loop on Vegas happenings now...

Mightion Defensor
posted 11-11-2006 10:39:52 PM
Whoa, grats, sir!

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 11-11-2006 11:29:03 PM
Congrats!
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Ryuujin
posted 11-11-2006 11:46:17 PM
Congratulations!
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 11-11-2006 11:55:20 PM
congrats.

and Miss Xyrra says, yay for spawning!

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 11-12-2006 12:12:00 AM
Woo!

Have fun while he's still too young and confused to have figured out how to talk back yet/while a ring-pop is still an acceptable bribe.

Can I be the aunt who comes by and leaves behind noisy, expensive and potentially edible toys?

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 11-12-2006 01:15:32 AM
Gratz to ya sir!
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 11-12-2006 01:35:56 AM
quote:
Callalron had this to say about pies:
Haven't been around for a bit, but that's due to a couple of reasons. First Windows ate itself, yet again on my main computer. But the main reason is that last Sunday Elena and I had our first child. A baby boy whom we named Michael Paul Reynolds. He made his appearance at 5:13 am and weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and was 20.5 inches tall. Mom and baby are doing fine, although everyone is understandably tired with everything that's going on.

Grats.

Kid's tall. Just wait til you reach the age of about 13 months or so and seperation anxiety kicks in. That's so much fun every time I drop mine off at daycare.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Maradon!
posted 11-12-2006 01:47:01 AM
I didn't know you had a kid.

Parcelan didn't either.

Mightion Defensor
posted 11-12-2006 01:48:03 AM
quote:
Maradon! fell asleep and read just about every paragraph.
I didn't know you had a kid.

Parcelan didn't either.

Nor did I.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-12-2006 01:52:19 AM
Me neither.
Azakias
posted 11-12-2006 02:00:43 AM
That's because I didnt tell anyone here.

But this thread is for Cal.

Is Elena going to be stay at home mom? Or you a stay at home dad? Or neither?

I'm just curious.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
nem-x
posted 11-12-2006 02:46:50 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Azakias wrote:
That's so much fun every time I drop mine off at daycare.

Oh just go to hell
Pancake
posted 11-12-2006 03:00:41 AM
Congratulations, mister ^_^
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 11-12-2006 03:26:24 AM
And a badass is born! Congrats, Call!
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-12-2006 03:53:19 AM
Happy grats, Call and Elena!
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 11-12-2006 10:24:38 AM
Congratulations!!!!
Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-12-2006 10:25:55 AM
Grats!
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 11-12-2006 12:00:37 PM
Grats!
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-12-2006 12:05:43 PM
Now there shall be someone to carry on the Callalron School of "Drunken-Man-Gets-Kids-Off-His-Lawn" Kung Fu!

Seriously, though...Congratulations, Call.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 11-12-2006 12:27:09 PM
Congrats Call!!!

We want PICTURES!!!

http://www.bloodfin.net
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 11-12-2006 12:34:45 PM
quote:
Callalron had this to say about Cuba:

Congrats!

quote:
We were all impressed when Azakias wrote:
Grats.

Kid's tall. Just wait til you reach the age of about 13 months or so and seperation anxiety kicks in. That's so much fun every time I drop mine off at daycare.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 11-12-2006 01:34:19 PM
Well, I'm taking three weeks of (paid) family leave. Elena is probably going to stay home with the baby for at least 3 and possibly as much as 6 months. After that it'll probably all depend on availability of good, affordable daycare. I'm also going to try and do some job hunting since we need to make more money now. So I'll try for something with the city or possibly even the county, since they seem to pay pretty well.

Callalron fucked around with this message on 11-12-2006 at 01:35 PM.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Azakias
posted 11-12-2006 04:45:44 PM
Just wait til the day you change his diaper, and he decides to pee. Unfortunately, they dont have much control over their nether parts, and will probably end up peeing in his own face.

That is one of those things that will cause you to laugh for years.

You must keep us informed of baby antics.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 11-12-2006 06:49:07 PM
Been there, done that already. Plus this morning I changed his diaper, took him out to the living to watch the game and not 10 minutes later he fudged his Huggies again.

I laughed and praised him for having a wonderful sense of timing. Then proceeded to change him again.

Callalron
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 11-13-2006 01:05:45 PM
quote:
Trent's fortune cookie read:
congrats.

and Miss Xyrra says, yay for spawning!

Speaking of babies, when will we see Trentspawn?

And congrats, Cal

Aury fucked around with this message on 11-13-2006 at 01:06 PM.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 11-13-2006 01:27:46 PM
quote:
This one time, at Aury camp:

When R'lyeh rises from the cold waters that swallowed her foul stones into the black depths of oblivion.

And Congo-rats, Cal and Elena!

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 11-13-2006 06:04:51 PM
quote:
Aury's fortune cookie read:

SO not happening!

Xyrra fucked around with this message on 11-13-2006 at 06:05 PM.

Maradon!
posted 11-13-2006 06:30:27 PM
Xyrra is one of those people who likens procreation to hosting a parasite.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 11-13-2006 06:56:46 PM
quote:
So quoth Maradon!:
Xyrra is one of those people who likens procreation to hosting a parasite.

and.. i agree with her.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 11-14-2006 05:46:53 AM
Grats Cal. Abbi sends her grats too.

My own fiance (No, not Abbi.... I've kept my fiance away from these boards, praise Allah) is expecting our first on/around December 29... although given that she has Epilepsy, she's likely to go Caeser before then. I'm trying to convince the docs to wait until around 11:59pm on Dec 31 to start cutting though....

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 11-14-2006 12:58:31 PM
I was going to post something here but Sean told me it was a bad idea.
Greenlit
posted 11-14-2006 01:02:17 PM
Jiminy fucking Cricket, I am.

Greenlit fucked around with this message on 11-14-2006 at 01:02 PM.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 11-14-2006 10:56:23 PM
Congratulations you guys! I can't wait to see him. I think UBT wants to get him a beard trimmer for Christmas.
Maradon!
posted 11-14-2006 11:12:54 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Nae booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Congratulations you guys! I can't wait to see him. I think UBT wants to get him a beard trimmer for Christmas.

NAE SIGHTING

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 11-14-2006 11:48:50 PM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: