EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: My job is poop
Steven Steve
posted 11-05-2006 12:18:52 AM
Has anyone else been a courtesy clerk in a grocery store? Damn dawg.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-05-2006 12:24:49 AM
I once worked in a bookstore.

It was pretty fun, actually.

Steven Steve
posted 11-05-2006 12:26:39 AM
My job is bearable physically but I have a severe case of hate for my coworkers and bosses.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 11-05-2006 12:30:05 AM
Is it a new job, or have you been there for a while?

EDIT: o hay, what exactly does a courtesy clerk do? I assumed it meant customer service.

Sentow, Maybe fucked around with this message on 11-05-2006 at 12:31 AM.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-05-2006 12:37:31 AM
quote:
Stalwart Steve has the right stuff
My job is bearable physically but I have a severe case of hate for my coworkers and bosses.

If you liked it, it wouldn't be work.

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 11-05-2006 12:56:20 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Sentow, Maybe:
Is it a new job, or have you been there for a while?

EDIT: o hay, what exactly does a courtesy clerk do? I assumed it meant customer service.

Courtesy Clerk is management-ese for "bitch" - courtesy clerks are baggers, cleaners, and basically anything else the management comes and asks them to do.

Razor
posted 11-05-2006 02:10:25 AM
quote:
Stalwart Steve had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

For albertsons back in high school, then vons deli about 2 years ago

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Greenlit
posted 11-05-2006 02:11:45 AM
quote:
Razor was listening to Cher while typing:
For albertsons back in high school, then vons deli about 2 years ago

Are you still dying

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 11-05-2006 05:11:18 AM
quote:
Stalwart Steve wrote, obviously thinking too hard:

For 3 years. However, it was a 'bag your own' place (No Frills Supermarket), and I also ran a checkout off and on for about 1 to 1 1/2 years of my time there.

You want to talk bad? When someone goes into the ladies' bathroom, somehow MISSES the toilet, and decides that this means that they have to smear it all over the floor and walls, THAT is bad. And for some reason, that happened far more often than it ever should. And while that was bad, that was not the worst of it. Oh no...

The worst was something that happened to a friend of mine, at another store. She wound up transfered to night crew to cover for someone, and wandered back into the bakery. There she found one of the night crew regulars adding his own 'special glaze' to the container of donut glaze. To this day, she won't eat glazed donuts, and she's afraid to go near a Krispy Kreme donut shop.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-05-2006 09:31:22 AM
quote:
See, your Palador ChibiDragon means your hair. So technically it's true.
The worst was something that happened to a friend of mine, at another store. She wound up transfered to night crew to cover for someone, and wandered back into the bakery. There she found one of the night crew regulars adding his own 'special glaze' to the container of donut glaze. To this day, she won't eat glazed donuts, and she's afraid to go near a Krispy Kreme donut shop.
quote:
Narrator: He was the guerilla terrorist in the food service industry.
Tyler Durden: [urinating] Do not watch. I cannot go when you watch.
Narrator: Apart from seasoning the lobster bisque, he farted on the meringue, sneezed on braised endive, and as for the cream of mushroom soup, well...
Tyler Durden: [laughs] Go ahead. Tell 'em.
Narrator: ...you get the idea.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Alaan
posted 11-05-2006 01:09:28 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Stalwart Steve said this:

I did that for about three months. Then I cashiered. Now I'd be your supervisor!

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 11-05-2006 01:43:35 PM
skipped it, been a checker w/ slaveway for almost 7 years now. But I have a degree now! so i'm more unemployable than ever
Steven Steve
posted 11-05-2006 11:51:22 PM
Sounds like you fellas are having a great time!

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 11-06-2006 05:18:27 AM
have i told you guys about my new job
Alaan
posted 11-06-2006 07:39:14 AM
quote:
Stalwart Steve had this to say about Pirotess:
Sounds like you fellas are having a great time!

It would be more fun if you fucking baggers did what you're told! Most are actually ok. I want shock collars for two of them so they don't wander off every time you turn your back. I think one is getting fired for threatening a facer though!

Peter
Pancake
posted 11-06-2006 07:50:25 AM
Baggers? We don't need no stinking Baggers! ...in NJ at least. I spent about 3 ish years as a casheir, started in high school. Though really in the last like 8-9 years I have had jobs that I ended up with a cash till, But my current job I open that sucker less than once every 2 weeks
Steven Steve
posted 11-06-2006 04:56:35 PM
I spend like 70% of my time stocking and organizing dairy anyway.

Vincent
Pancake
posted 11-07-2006 06:09:00 AM
I had two friends in high school that were courtesy clerks, and it sounded like one of the worst jobs a person could have. Customer service jobs in general blow, people are assholes.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: