EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Torchwood
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-23-2006 09:55:37 AM
This spinoff from Dr Who has just started on British TV, for those who enjoy Dr Who style shows. It's a 13 part mini-series, just the first two have shown on BBC3 here so far so you should be able to scrounge them up somewhere for download.

It stars Captain Jack (the bisexual American time traveller from Dr Who) who apparently now cannot die, he's joined Torchwood after the Dalek/Cybermen battle that ended the last series of Dr Who. It's far more mature and violent than Dr Who. Already we've had spraying blood, people getting mauled, people getting stabbed, people getting shot, women kissing passionately and an alien that feeds on sex.

My verdict: LEXX meets CSI.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-23-2006 10:07:55 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Mortious was all like:
It stars Captain Jack (the bisexual American time traveller from Dr Who) who apparently now cannot die.

If only.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-23-2006 10:19:08 AM
He's less of a comedian and more of a hard-ass in this. This gives the feeling of like.. it's Dr Who for mature audiences or something.

I personally didn't like him in Dr Who, but he's good in this so far.

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 10-23-2006 11:17:10 AM
Hurrah! Cap'n Jack is back, hopefully going to watch it tonight when I get back. Have been waiting to see this ever since I heard about it. Rather excited, because I loved the character, and thought they should of explored him a bit more, not to mention he's not too bad on the eyes either. Glad, he got his own spinoff, hopefully it'll be better than K9 and friends
What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-23-2006 11:50:32 AM
Downloading it now and looking forward to it.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 10-24-2006 10:53:05 AM
Okay so I watched episode one last night, I felt that Torchwood is like a competent UNIT. First episode was pretty good, loved how it showed the members abusing the technology they found. It has potential but I don’t know Captain Jack, seems to be somewhat harder now, and why does he have his coat back? Didn’t he leave it on the Tardis?

Episode Two tonight, looks hot…

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: