EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Halloween Event Active
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 10-19-2006 12:27:59 AM
Well, since I have no idea how many people ACTIVELY play, I figured I'd just announce this now to inform.

The Halloween event is active again. It's got all the badges from the first Halloween event, plus two new ones. Additionally, and this is the good part, the event also offers a new costume slot to all characters, assuming you partake in a little Trick or Treating. Get four pieces of specific salvage, take them to a certain contact, and you get a new costume on that character. The salvage is tradeable, so you can load up your alts with it too.

The event runs until November 1st.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 10-19-2006 01:54:17 AM
quote:
Mooj said this about your mom:
Get four pieces of specific salvage, take them to a certain contact, and you get a new costume on that character. The salvage is tradeable, so you can load up your alts with it too.

The hero-side contact is in Croatoa. She's on the grass to the right as you exit the the train station. I don't know where the villian side contact is.

Remember to Trick-or-Treat in a zone fitting to your level.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-20-2006 07:12:37 AM
How does it work? You find the mystery contact and they give you...?
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 10-20-2006 07:14:27 AM
bring them 1 each of the Hamidon, Statesman, Recluse and Back Alley Brawler costume pieces, and the contact will unlock a bonus costume slot.

(not a bad deal considering we normally have to wait until lv 20 to open the first slot)

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 10-20-2006 11:48:30 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Tron:
How does it work? You find the mystery contact and they give you...?

First, you go to a zone that matches your level range. Once there, you can click on a mission door (any door that might be used for a mission). You have 50/50 odds of getting either a trick or a treat.

Trick: Halloween monsters pop out and attack. Witches, zombies, vampires, pumpkin creatures, ghosts, and werewolves. Beat enough of them, and you get badges.

Treat: You either get a level 2 or 3 Inspiration, one of the special salvage items, or a rock (one shot of a minor damage temp power, where you throw a rock at someone).

There are also Giant Monsters. In each zone, Eiochi (sp?) the giant pumpkin creature appears with some Unselie spirits in tow. Defeat him for a badge, and enough of the spirits for another badge. In zones that are level 20+, there's a 10% chance that each spawn will be Jack in Irons instead. Beat him for a seperate badge. (Each time the GM is killed, a new one and only one spawns for that zone. So if you're looking for Jack, kill Eiochi every time he pops up.)

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 10-20-2006 08:25:50 PM
So there's nothing new about this halloween other then a new costume slot?
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 10-20-2006 09:48:59 PM
quote:
Ctrl-Alt-Del enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

Two new badges that were not in the first one, a chance to earn the old badges if you don't have them, and an extra costume slot.

Mind you, that extra costume slot is a great thing to get. Especally with the new costume stuff coming with I8 and Vetran Rewards.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 10-20-2006 10:13:17 PM
Plus it's fun! I was just doing the Halloween stuff.
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 10-22-2006 11:55:32 AM
quote:
Ctrl-Alt-Del wrote, obviously thinking too hard:

They're spending their time working on Issue 8, getting that out ASAP. I'm glad, I'd prefer them to just rehash last year's halloween event rather than delay I8 while they design, program, and test something completely new.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 10-22-2006 12:17:12 PM
quote:
Khyron's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
They're spending their time working on Issue 8, getting that out ASAP. I'm glad, I'd prefer them to just rehash last year's halloween event rather than delay I8 while they design, program, and test something completely new.

Yeah, I got some mail from that. My account was reactivated so I spend some time last weekend playing the game. And I know that WoW only shares the fact that it's an MMO with CoH, but the game was a huge step sideways from WoW, but it was fun, I may need to start playing CoH again -_-.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-22-2006 01:12:20 PM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about Punky Brewster:

Much like WoW where they've rehashed last years events exactly.

At least the quests are repeatable. Mmmm... faction.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 10-22-2006 06:00:39 PM
And EQ2, with some new rewards. But Echoes comes out November 14th, so it's understandable. Hopefully the Christmas event will be original.

I'll have to try this out if I can pry myself away from beta.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 10-23-2006 07:21:25 AM
1. I completed the costume quest in CoV on a level 15 character. Got the costume slot. Wasn't too hard; went fast, and I have enough leftover masks and stuff that I could run through it with my other villains if I wanted to.

Is it just me, the pace, or does it seem like you get a pretty decent chunk of XP off the mobs? I know I'm 15 and yeah those are some yellow mobs, and yes the fact they're yellow is mitigated by the inspirations I have, but it still feels like I'm XPing at an enhanced rate. Dunno. Might be me.

What badges are there? And are you sure the rock power's still in? I haven't seen it.

2. Maradon said it best: The nice thing about CoH/CoV is that if I only want to play for an hour I can still feel like I've had fun and accomplished something. I still like EQ2 of course...but EQ2 is where I go to settle in for the night and accomplish something...CoV (moreso than CoH; after playing a villain, the Hero side seems...painfully static) is what I play to kill some time. Looking forward to the added cake of I8. Any word on when the Heroes side is going to get some love?

That having been said, EQ2's expansion looks cool. I'm not in the beta, but I've ogled it on Lyinar's computer when she's doing the beta. I won't get into details, but it LOOKS like there's a lot of nice things going on mechanics and gameplay-wise with the expansion. So yeah. Tasty.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 10-23-2006 08:35:22 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about the Spice Girls:
1. I completed the costume quest in CoV on a level 15 character. Got the costume slot. Wasn't too hard; went fast, and I have enough leftover masks and stuff that I could run through it with my other villains if I wanted to.

Is it just me, the pace, or does it seem like you get a pretty decent chunk of XP off the mobs? I know I'm 15 and yeah those are some yellow mobs, and yes the fact they're yellow is mitigated by the inspirations I have, but it still feels like I'm XPing at an enhanced rate. Dunno. Might be me.

What badges are there? And are you sure the rock power's still in? I haven't seen it.

2. Maradon said it best: The nice thing about CoH/CoV is that if I only want to play for an hour I can still feel like I've had fun and accomplished something. I still like EQ2 of course...but EQ2 is where I go to settle in for the night and accomplish something...CoV (moreso than CoH; after playing a villain, the Hero side seems...painfully static) is what I play to kill some time. Looking forward to the added cake of I8. Any word on when the Heroes side is going to get some love?

That having been said, EQ2's expansion looks cool. I'm not in the beta, but I've ogled it on Lyinar's computer when she's doing the beta. I won't get into details, but it LOOKS like there's a lot of nice things going on mechanics and gameplay-wise with the expansion. So yeah. Tasty.

The rock power's in, but it's rare compared to the salvage and enhancements. I spent maybe an hour or so (~60 clicks on the doors) Trick or Treating, and only got two rocks. As for XP, the XP is pretty decent. Not nearly as good as running missions, if only because there's a 50% chance to spawn enemies every 60 sceonds, but still good enough that a lot of people group up and mass-click on doors in a small area to spawn tons of halloween mobs at once.

As for the halloween badges, there's one for killing Eochai during the halloween event, one for killing Jack, and several for smaller mobs. I know Unseelies that spawn with Eochai/Jack give a badge if you kill enough, and I think that werewolves from doors do as well, but I'm not sure about the rest.

I8 is coming along nicely, and I'm pretty pleased with it. Police Band missions are pretty much the same as newspaper missions (Though they do have a pretty cool new animation), safeguard missions I'm somewhat on the fence about. I've heard good and bad things about them, but mostly bad. I haven't had a chance to run any yet, but here's something I found on another forum :

quote:
The one Safeguard mission that I ran was honestly rather disappointing. Instead of cops, there were Arachnos mobs idling around. A red legend lit the screen, informing me that the bank was being robbed right that second, so I zoomed over there to see a named villain with a handful of Tsoo lurking near the entrance to the bank's offices. The minions attacked while the named one scooted past, and a little while later another legend popped up telling me that the villain had robbed the bank and was trying to escape.

Then he beat the shit out of me and scarpered off.

Apparently if you manage to defeat the robbers, you're given fifteen minutes to defeat marauding Arachnos forces. If they do too much property damage, you're kicked out of the mission. More troops are airdropped into the zone from time to time, with their location being marked on the minimap, and you have to go after them as well.

As much as I tend to rush through missions, I don't like to be railroaded through them in the way that the Safeguard mission seemed to work. You can refuse them at the contact, at least, and I didn't notice anything about a temporary power when I spoke to the contact. Unless they put badges in for X number of specific mayhem operations foiled, the whole thing seems rather useless.

Oh, and while I received the mission in Founder's Falls, I got sent out to Talos Island. Looks like the CoH mission-travel tradition is intact.

The person who posted this didn't mention their AT/Powers, the difficulty they'd set it to, etc... so it's possible they were running missions on Rugged or something, or were a defender and had difficulty soloing. Either way, I'm eager to see what tweaks are made to them. I8 is out on test, so it'll probably be within the next month that it goes live.

Khyron fucked around with this message on 10-23-2006 at 09:07 AM.

Peter
Pancake
posted 10-23-2006 09:08:55 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Knight Rider:

Been thinking of reactivating for it, from the trailers and such, looks to be spiffy.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 10-23-2006 10:45:14 AM
The rock power is still in it, but it's hideously rare. Something like a 2% chance to get it compared to everything else's much higher chances.
Maradon!
posted 10-23-2006 04:32:46 PM
Haha, wow, EQ2 is still around?
Willias
Pancake
posted 10-23-2006 04:54:32 PM
Haha, wow, people still troll threads that mention EQ2 for no damn reason?
Malbi
posted 10-23-2006 08:12:55 PM
quote:
How.... Lyinar Ka`Bael.... uughhhhhh:
And EQ2, with some new rewards. But Echoes comes out November 14th, so it's understandable. Hopefully the Christmas event will be original.

I'll have to try this out if I can pry myself away from beta.

and hopefully the christmas event won't keep going till March like last year dear god...

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: