EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The internet is serious business
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 10-16-2006 06:04:10 PM
YAY

I'm suing everyone whos ever been mean to me!!

Maradon!
posted 10-16-2006 06:09:58 PM
quote:
"People are using the Internet to destroy people they don't like, and you can't do that."

You can't? Oh, well, I guess that solves that issue!

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 10-16-2006 06:19:25 PM
And the icing on the cake is that she is from Florida!! Where there are more Lawyer commercials on TV than coke in John Holmes in the 80s. Hurrah for the sue happy state of Florida!
Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 10-16-2006 06:48:45 PM
quote:
Bock, who had to leave her home for several months because of Hurricane Katrina, couldn't afford an attorney and didn't show up for the trial.

A rich person sued a poor person who didn't have an attorney and didn't go to the trial. Why is the verdict a suprise or even news at all?

Mod
Pancake
posted 10-16-2006 07:08:04 PM
I fail to see the problem, beyond the whole trainwreck of the defendant not being served papers properly. The plaintiff was apparently running a business and the defendant advertised that her business was defrauding people. Whether the claim of fraud has merit we do not know due to the fact that the defendant didn't actually field a defense. This wasn't about hurt feelings primarily and would not even be an issue if it weren't on the internet.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 10-16-2006 07:47:45 PM
Suing a hurricane Katrina victim too poor to afford a lawyer? For defamation? That's like committing suicide to thwart an assasination attempt.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Maradon!
posted 10-16-2006 09:45:50 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Gunslinger Moogle who doth quote:
Suing a hurricane Katrina victim too poor to afford a lawyer? For defamation? That's like committing suicide to thwart an assasination attempt.

haha, I didn't even consider that angle

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: