EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Future games
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 10-07-2006 09:57:14 PM
Willias's thread about FFXII and NWN2 made me look at my "chart" I keep to help me track games I'm interested in, and I noticed that the next 2 months are going to bankrupt me. So, I thought I'd ask you all to list off games that are going to be released by the end of November that you're probably going to buy. Why? Because I don't want to be the only one feeling the pressure of too many game releases

I'm probably going to be picking up Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, NWN2, FF12, Star Trek: Legacy, Fear: Extraction Point, Valkyrie Profile 2, Warhammer: Mark of Chaos, Brigade E5: New Jagged Union, The Guild 2

AND probably the Wii and one or two games for it, based on whats out when it is.

Looks like it's time to start working overtime :/

Feed my hungry soul.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 10-07-2006 10:06:03 PM
I can't help but notice you seem to be forgetting something.
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 10-07-2006 10:11:37 PM
What, like my list above wasn't enough already? I have no interest in Guitars though, so Guitar Hero does little for me either.
Feed my hungry soul.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-07-2006 10:17:20 PM
M2:TW. I'll obsess over that for a good year or two.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

nem-x
posted 10-07-2006 10:21:18 PM
If they fixed the AI for sieging places, I'll definitely get m2:tw.
Talonus
Loner
posted 10-07-2006 10:30:57 PM
Personally, I don't want to think of my list. Too many games, not enough time. I'm playing through Okami now and loving it though.

quote:
Ragabash stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
The Guild 2

Put that on hold. It's bug ridden and not worth trying until more patches are released.

quote:
Karnaj stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

Demo is out for this by the way.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-07-2006 10:55:55 PM
For me -- there are entirely too many. Trying to work through what I have now (including VP2 and Okami) and I'll go from there depending on what is out when I get through em.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-07-2006 11:20:52 PM
Star Wars: Empire At War - Forces of Corruption.

Just played the demo and while it doesn't show you much of the game.. the idea of kidnapping Ewoks, strapping explosives to them, then making them run into a Rebel base is just too much fun to ignore.

I'm not kidding.

Willias
Pancake
posted 10-07-2006 11:38:15 PM
Fuuuuck this fall/winter has too many games.

WoW:BC
Gothic 3
NWN2
GH2
Legend of Zelda:TP
FF12
FF3 for the DS
Okami
.hack//GU vol.1
Yoshi's Island 2
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

And I'm probably forgeting some others. D:

Maradon!
posted 10-07-2006 11:58:18 PM
WHAT IS M2:TW
Willias
Pancake
posted 10-07-2006 11:59:47 PM
Medieval 2: Total War
Maradon!
posted 10-08-2006 12:01:31 AM
k
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 10-08-2006 12:02:49 AM
FFXII is really the only thing on my buy list. Spore is the next closest release that I'm really salivating over.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 10-08-2006 01:57:33 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about pies:

Why did you have to remind me. That game is going to own my soul.

quote:
This one time, at Talonus camp:
Demo is out for this by the way.

I have three tests this week. Thanks for making me fail them.

Edit: Wait, where is it?

Noxhil2 fucked around with this message on 10-08-2006 at 02:01 AM.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 10-08-2006 03:01:11 AM
Don't look for them if your going to fail your tests silly.
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-08-2006 04:41:20 AM
quote:
Willias had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Medieval 2: Total War

Total War games are definitely not for me. I found Medieval Total War to be really bland.

I really only care about Guitar Hero 2, Final Fantasy XII, Gears of War, and Twilight Princess.

That's still a lot. I also need to buy the necessary systems for the last two games listed there.

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 10-08-2006 at 04:42 AM.

Talonus
Loner
posted 10-08-2006 07:14:28 AM
quote:
Noxhil2 had this to say about Robocop:
Edit: Wait, where is it?

It's been leaked. Hit up your favorite torrent search engine or Usenet.

Oreowned
My friends call me 'Wiggles'
posted 10-08-2006 09:05:17 AM
Twilight Princess is the only one I'm looking forward to. I'll probably get .hack//GU though just because I'm holding on to the small thread of hope that some of the character's from the first games will be in it. ><

Not looking forward to FFXII but I'll borrow it as soon as one of my friends gets it anyway.

Willias
Pancake
posted 10-08-2006 10:32:40 AM
quote:
Kegwen got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Total War games are definitely not for me. I found Medieval Total War to be really bland.

I really only care about Guitar Hero 2, Final Fantasy XII, Gears of War, and Twilight Princess.

That's still a lot. I also need to buy the necessary systems for the last two games listed there.

You don't have a Gamecube?

Willias
Pancake
posted 10-08-2006 10:35:52 AM
quote:
Oreowned said this about your mom:
Twilight Princess is the only one I'm looking forward to. I'll probably get .hack//GU though just because I'm holding on to the small thread of hope that some of the character's from the first games will be in it. ><

Not looking forward to FFXII but I'll borrow it as soon as one of my friends gets it anyway.

I dunno, I like the look of the new guy.

Unlike Kite from the first .hack games, he can change weapon types. From like, Twin Blade, to Two hander, to something else. Combat is also much faster, and all of the artwork and cinematics look like they have gone up in quality.

And there's something going on with Kite in the new game too, though I'm not sure what. Some evil version of him exists in .hack//G.U. and I think he's one of the main plot points of the game.

Oreowned
My friends call me 'Wiggles'
posted 10-08-2006 11:42:35 AM
quote:
Willias probably says this to all the girls:
I dunno, I like the look of the new guy.

Unlike Kite from the first .hack games, he can change weapon types. From like, Twin Blade, to Two hander, to something else. Combat is also much faster, and all of the artwork and cinematics look like they have gone up in quality.

And there's something going on with Kite in the new game too, though I'm not sure what. Some evil version of him exists in .hack//G.U. and I think he's one of the main plot points of the game.

Pfft, Kite who? I was talking about Elk.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-08-2006 11:58:05 AM
Twilight Princess
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Valkyrie Profile 2

Those are the big ones on my list.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-08-2006 11:59:58 AM
Oh and NWN2
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-08-2006 01:28:48 PM
quote:
Willias had this to say about Tron:
You don't have a Gamecube?

No. I don't want the Gamecube version, anyway.

Steven Steve
posted 10-08-2006 02:06:44 PM
I was extremely underwhelmed at Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. I expected the combat to be at least as solid as Oblivion, but it just feels like a mod for Enemy Territory.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-08-2006 02:21:18 PM
DS is having a fantastic final quarter.

Already out and awesome:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Cooking Mama
Mega Man ZX
Rocket Slime
Harvest Moon DS
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2

Coming Soon:

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Pokemon Ranger
Children of Mana
Final Fantasy III
Elite Beat Agents (American Ouendan, iow must get)
Yoshi's Island 2
Kirby: Squeak Squad (A real Kirby game, not fuckin Canvas Curse)

So yeah, if you got a DS, grats. You have a shitload of awesome games either out or coming out.

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 10-08-2006 at 02:24 PM.

Talonus
Loner
posted 10-08-2006 02:56:09 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Stalwart Steve was all like:
I was extremely underwhelmed at Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. I expected the combat to be at least as solid as Oblivion, but it just feels like a mod for Enemy Territory.

If you want solid combat Gothic 3 will most likely fill that void.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 10-08-2006 09:20:55 PM
FF12, M2:TW, WoW:BC (assuming it really comes out this year).

Okami looks cool; I might get it, too.

[EDIT] Also, I already have LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy. Short review: The original movies don't translate into the LSW formula quite as well.

Sentow, Maybe fucked around with this message on 10-08-2006 at 09:22 PM.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 10-08-2006 09:23:03 PM
quote:
From the book of Sentow, Maybe, chapter 3, verse 16:
FF12, M2:TW, WoW:BC (assuming it really comes out this year).

Okami is a very well-done, immensely fun game. I highly recommend it.

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Talonus
Loner
posted 10-08-2006 10:25:59 PM
quote:
Sentow, Maybe thought about the meaning of life:

At the very least rent it. I can't recommend it enough. It's the best action/adventure since Ocarina of Time. Definitely a very refreshing title and easily GoTY material. It's too bad that the game is being released so late in the PS2 life cycle (though there are Wii port rumors abound) and is going to be overshadowed by the deluge of sequels this year.

Alaan
posted 10-08-2006 11:13:06 PM
quote:
I didn't think that even Mr. Gainsborough would get so drunk as to say:
<pile of DS games>

How come the DS gets more A+ games in a quarter than the cube has ever released.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 10-09-2006 12:28:37 AM
Spore
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 10-09-2006 01:09:23 AM
I'm getting Mortal Kombat Armageddon, like, tuesday. I came home from California with a bunch of games and I'm still contenting myself there.

I DO need a new computer, though, so I might as well get a good one and wait on Spore.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-09-2006 02:20:54 AM
quote:
Ragabash's account was hax0red to write:
Brigade E5: New Jagged Union

No. According to the reviews I have read, it is not a new Jagged Alliance.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-09-2006 02:27:49 AM
Now that I think about it, my list is pretty much like Gains'. Especially Elite Beat Agents. If it is nearly as good as Ouendan was (well, still is), it'll be awesome. And not cost nearly as much to get (fucking imports).

Cooking mama is downright incredible. Sure, it seems like some cheesy little piece of crap...but it is an absolute blast.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 10-09-2006 at 02:29 AM.

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 10-09-2006 05:17:50 AM
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade is at the top of my list. I still play Winter Assault in between games of CoH, so it's a must get for me. I'm excited about Empire at War: Forces of Corruption too, but less so than DC. EaW is a pretty solid RTS, but it feels like a partial step back when you hold up against Dawn of War (especially the ground combat).

I might check out Mark of Chaos. I like the fact that it's going to have a very large sense of scale, but I want to wait and see how well it's received. Armies of Exigo (Black Hole's previous RTS) wasn't exactly spectacular, so it's hard for me to want to immediately jump on the bandwagon.

-H

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-09-2006 05:30:26 AM
Mark of Chaos is the new Warhammer game, right? An RTS set in the original Warhammer universe? I thought it looked neat.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-09-2006 05:39:28 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Mark of Chaos is the new Warhammer game, right? An RTS set in the original Warhammer universe? I thought it looked neat.

Yes, that's correct.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-09-2006 06:12:12 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Tarquinn wrote:
Yes, that's correct.

Nice work there, ladyfingers.

I'm beginning to enjoy this Warhammer business. It's refreshing to see orcs be less shamanistic and inspired and more AJRHGBGPLAGHagWAAAAAAAAAGH!

Willias
Pancake
posted 10-09-2006 11:46:43 AM
They're kinda like the zerg in some ways, but each orc has individual thought (which causes problems, heh).

When Warhammer Online comes out, I'm definately playing an orc first.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: