EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: 300
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-06-2006 02:23:37 AM
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 10-06-2006 07:57:42 AM
Then we will fight in the shade.

Sakkra fucked around with this message on 10-06-2006 at 07:58 AM.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-06-2006 08:35:29 AM
Is it going to be anywhere near historically accurate, or are we going to see wire-fu, dual-axe wielding Spartans hacking their way through the Persians?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 10-06-2006 08:42:05 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Karnaj wrote:
Is it going to be anywhere near historically accurate, or are we going to see wire-fu, dual-axe wielding Spartans hacking their way through the Persians?

Wire-fu, dual-axe wielding, yelling Spartans.

SPARTAAAAAAAAAANS!

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Greenlit
posted 10-06-2006 09:22:30 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Karnaj stammered:

There are some liberties taken, of course, but the comic series was very down to earth.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-06-2006 09:28:10 AM
What about the course of the battle? Does it make mention of the Thebans surrendering, or the Thespians volunteering to stay with the Spartans to the last?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Greenlit
posted 10-06-2006 09:41:20 AM
grandma it's been a while since I've read it.

I don't remember anyone surrendering, but there was another army that wanted to stay behind but the Spartans were all like "hell naw grandmas" and put them on defense of some rear pass.

Talonus
Loner
posted 10-06-2006 11:03:11 AM
quote:
From the book of Karnaj, chapter 3, verse 16:

It's historically accurate to a small extent, but don't expect historical accuracy at all. It takes a lot of liberties. It's a short series, only 5 comics, so you could easily read through it and see.

LeMiere
posted 10-06-2006 11:04:40 AM
I'm pretty excited. It looks fun.
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 10-06-2006 12:06:06 PM
If you had to ask how historically accurate this could be, then either you didn't watch the trailer or you're a moron.

EDIT: Course it looks fuckin' awesome and I can't wait to see it.

Ozimander fucked around with this message on 10-06-2006 at 12:07 PM.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 10-06-2006 12:10:04 PM
NOOO! I have to wait to get home to watch. I can't watch it at work...
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 10-06-2006 04:54:58 PM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: