EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: How is everyone's Week going so far?
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 10-04-2006 10:40:29 AM
Since its hump-day I thought I'd ask how the people of the glorious Republic of Evercrest, are doing this week. So how are you doing?

Eh I dunno

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-04-2006 10:49:44 AM
Almost recovered from my cold, so it's better than most Wednesdays.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 10-04-2006 11:49:11 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Almost recovered from my cold, so it's better than most Wednesdays.

Thats great! Soon you'll be all healthly and showing off your car again...

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-04-2006 11:52:12 AM
whaaat
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-04-2006 11:55:02 AM
I'm bogged down in social events. And not necessarily the fun kind.

Had dinner with a bunch of generals Friday (got an invitation that lists me as part of the "American Delegation"), but, being by far the lowest-ranking person in a rather small crowd, it ended up being almost as uncomfortable as it was interesting.

And tonight we're going to a cocktail hosted by the general running the school, but held at the Military Governor of Paris' place. At least there'll be a crowd to hang out in at this one.

Other than that, been listening to painfully-detailed presentations about how the French defense finance system works. Budgets are boring in English, even when they affect me, but here. . . !

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 10-04-2006 11:56:13 AM
Still adjusting to life in SC. Wishing that one of the dozens of resumes I've sent out in the past 2 1/2 weeks would land me a job (got an interview tomorrow, woo).

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 10-04-2006 12:03:50 PM
Just got off my weekend (Monday and Tuesday) and I'm going in to work tonight to fix planes.

I need to take some leave.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 10-04-2006 09:09:16 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Bloodsage wrote:
Other than that, been listening to painfully-detailed presentations about how the French defense finance system works. Budgets are boring in English, even when they affect me, but here. . . !

So, exactly how much of the French Defense budget goes towards white flags and those short little poles to tie them to?

::breathes deeply::

Ah yes, that's the stuff. I feel better now.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 10-04-2006 09:20:52 PM
its shitty, I had 3 midterms and 2 today. But its all done so now I only have to worry about my huge CS project due Sunday.

DrPaintThinner fucked around with this message on 10-04-2006 at 09:21 PM.

roit, less bash 'is noggin
Suddar
posted 10-04-2006 09:23:04 PM
Pretty good. As of today, it's one week until I go on vacation with an old friend ( ) and three weeks until I meet Gains.

Things were pretty shitty for awhile, but they're starting to look up...I think.

And I have lots of vodka in my closet, and vodka's never bad. Wow I'm such a teenager.

Ask Me About IFrames
Pancake
posted 10-04-2006 09:30:05 PM
Sitting around, packing my bags.
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 10-04-2006 10:12:13 PM
Getting better.

I fell asleep at 6:00 PM last night and didn't wake up until 6:00 AM today, so I'm well-rested. I have a Physics test tomorrow on which I think I'll do OK; not great, but OK. Then it's two days at work which won't be too bad for various reasons.

I also have cookies.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-05-2006 02:10:31 AM
Very well. Had the first two days off and I will have a big birthday party (my birthday) on Saturday.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 10-05-2006 02:16:19 AM
Aside from getting a part time job pretty much assured, finally after something like six months, this week has been sucking sweaty swollen Karnaj testacles.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 10-05-2006 02:28:09 AM
I get to run around and do a workout or I get fired on friday.

Yessss.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Zaeron
Pancake
posted 10-05-2006 09:17:31 AM
I've been looking for a job for some time, and just about 15 minutes ago, I was woken up from 3 hours sleep for a sort-of interview for a position I applied to. I don't think I #%%^'d up too badly, even though I was more asleep than awake until I realized who I was talking to.

So that's pretty cool.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-05-2006 12:03:29 PM
quote:
Quoth Callalron:
So, exactly how much of the French Defense budget goes towards white flags and those short little poles to tie them to?

::breathes deeply::

Ah yes, that's the stuff. I feel better now.

The really funny thing that's impressed me is that their military types seem to have a realistic view of their capabilities and shortcomings, and aren't at all shy about admitting them.

Some of their academics, however, live up to every stereotype. Had a brief the other day where the China "expert" deliberately mistranslated some of Bush's speeches in order to tell everyone that the US considers China an adversary (Bush actually said "competitor") and that we have a policy of regime change for China (Bush actually said they needed to reform in the area of human rights). It was so laughable I didn't even bother to correct it.

Steven Steve
posted 10-05-2006 01:46:11 PM
I just moved an armoir, desk, refridgerator, bookcase, and other small objects into a house by myself, unequipped. Soon I will have to return a U-Haul truck and then run home six miles.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Greenlit
posted 10-05-2006 01:49:45 PM
Dude, get a bike.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-05-2006 01:54:41 PM
Jesus. Here, if I give you some of my flab, will you work it off?

Beer.

Greenlit
posted 10-05-2006 01:58:44 PM
quote:
Karnaj enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Jesus. Here, if I give you some of my flab, will you work it off?

You know how much I love to work your flab, lover.

Steven Steve
posted 10-05-2006 01:59:29 PM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about Captain Planet:
Dude, get a bike.

Wow, that's a great idea!

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-05-2006 02:31:12 PM
quote:
Bloodsage stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
The really funny thing that's impressed me is that their military types seem to have a realistic view of their capabilities and shortcomings, and aren't at all shy about admitting them.

Some of their academics, however, live up to every stereotype. Had a brief the other day where the China "expert" deliberately mistranslated some of Bush's speeches in order to tell everyone that the US considers China an adversary (Bush actually said "competitor") and that we have a policy of regime change for China (Bush actually said they needed to reform in the area of human rights). It was so laughable I didn't even bother to correct it.

You should have at least started laughing loudly and then not bother to explain yourself.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-05-2006 05:11:15 PM
I laughed loudly enough for the two or three rows of folks sitting around me to get the idea.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-05-2006 06:27:22 PM
Good man.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 10-05-2006 08:42:46 PM
Well my sickness is going away (or so it seems) and it's Friday tomorrow, which means work is done and the beginning of Thanksgiving and a long weekend!

woo! My week has been horrible, but I'm doing ok. I get to go to my favourite CFL team's game on Saturday with my Dad, and my Mom's birthday is on Sunday.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Steven Steve
posted 10-06-2006 03:10:38 AM
I attempted to use my bike to get home but the seat came loose and when I attempted to stand on the pedals my baggy pants got caught so I got fucked basically. Later in the day I waited in the hospital for 5 hours while doctors ignored my girlfriend.

Maradon!
posted 10-06-2006 11:03:48 AM
quote:
Stalwart Steveing:
I attempted to use my bike to get home but the seat came loose

That shouldn't happen, you know.

Mod
Pancake
posted 10-06-2006 11:49:43 AM
Shitty, work is being a huge pain in the ass and everything else isn't going better and my resulting mood isn't helping things. At this rate, I'll end up strangling someone by Sunday evening.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-06-2006 02:50:33 PM
It's been fairly mediocre. Working for the paper is possibly my worst job ever; in an age where being a journalist means you're either an ignorant zealot or a filthy liar, I don't know why I thought this was a good idea.

But it's Friday, Friday means I get to critique people in my creative writing class and thus I get to ruin peoples' self-esteems.

Steven Steve
posted 10-07-2006 02:35:54 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Maradon! wrote:
That shouldn't happen, you know.

Haha it has this adjustable incline seat and whenever I'd sit on it I'd just end up sliding off the back and doing a commando roll into some bark chips.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 10-07-2006 05:00:43 AM
FOUR DAY WEEKEND!#%
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-07-2006 06:43:15 PM
im so fucking tired
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-08-2006 08:12:55 PM
I was bleeding from my dick last night
Greenlit
posted 10-08-2006 09:11:33 PM
Sup dudes I just moved in to a new house.

Also I now have a little brother.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 10-08-2006 11:48:55 PM
Stuck in a rut. Same shit, different day. Nothing terrible, nothing wonderful.

Yea, I'm boring. =[

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 10-09-2006 01:04:57 AM
I had to pull a girl down off the speakers last night who insisted on dancing on them, which is an obvious no-no. She had no panties on so I let her dance for about a minute longer than I should have.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-10-2006 02:48:17 PM
quote:
And now, we sprinkle Greenlit liberally with Old Spice!
Sup dudes I just moved in to a new house.

Also I now have a little brother.

Wouldn't that make the things you do to each other even more impure?

Beer.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: