EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Rubbers?
Maradon!
posted 09-23-2006 11:53:40 AM
Are they all twelve bucks for a dozen?

That'll last me all of one day.

Can I just pay a homeless person to render me impotent? Maybe get repeated pelvic x-rays done?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-23-2006 11:54:43 AM
Anal.

Or come on her tits or something.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 09-23-2006 11:55:21 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Karnaj who doth quote:
Or come on her tits or something.

Yeah that's what I've been doing but well you NEVER KNOW

Goma
Pancake
posted 09-23-2006 11:56:29 AM
A box of twelve around these parts costs me around $9.50

And thats in Canadian funny money. You totally got screwed.

... In the money sense.

Maradon!
posted 09-23-2006 11:57:06 AM
quote:
Gomaing:
A box of twelve around these parts costs me around $9.50

Yeah but what brand is that

Goma
Pancake
posted 09-23-2006 11:57:38 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about John Romero:
Yeah but what brand is that

Trojans.

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 09-23-2006 11:58:52 AM
You could go to an outreach group, normally they're at gay clubs and bars, handing out condoms to prevent the spreading of HIV. Used to date one and have a huge express bag full of condoms. All free.... You could try and find something like that
What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-23-2006 11:59:22 AM
Order them online; they're dirt cheap in bulk. The twelve will last until the 300 arrive.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 09-23-2006 11:59:50 AM
that's actually a pretty swell idea
Ares
posted 09-23-2006 12:05:35 PM
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 09-23-2006 12:08:17 PM
quote:
Ares had this to say about (_|_):
Don't any of your dates ever carry their own?

Psst. Maradon is with only one girl now. But I'd assume he doesn't want to knock her up or anything so he's using a condom.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 09-23-2006 12:08:52 PM
I think they're usually around $7 or so for a box around here...

Then again, we use Kimono brand and Beyond Seven's, when I can find them. Everything else causes a funky allergic-type reaction. Even though they're Japanese it seems like they're usually a little bit cheaper than the main brands. I used to get them at Albertson's, but then they stopped carrying them. I can usually find them at CVS nowadays.

Ares
posted 09-23-2006 12:15:39 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr was naked while typing this:
Psst. Maradon is with only one girl now. But I'd assume he doesn't want to knock her up or anything so he's using a condom.

It was a general question, not just for Maradon.

If that's the case, she should be putting towards buying them as well. I'm just wondering why it always seems to be dependant on the male to buy them.

Gadani
U
posted 09-23-2006 12:19:30 PM
I just get them from my friend.
Maradon!
posted 09-23-2006 12:21:28 PM
quote:
Aresing:
It was a general question, not just for Maradon.

If that's the case, she should be putting towards buying them as well. I'm just wondering why it always seems to be dependant on the male to buy them.

I think it's just a natural assumption that one is responsible for one's own genitals. It doesn't necessarily make any sense to assume that, but that's how people normally feel.

The girl ends up getting her own pills or CERVICAL CAPS or whatever, the guy ends up buying the rubber funrobbers or the vasectomy.

But my girl can't use pills because of a medical condition

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 09-23-2006 12:27:29 PM
Has she considered a non-hormonal IUD?

It's not for everyone, but depending on what kind it is it lasts for 5 to 10 years. She's probably old enough that she wouldn't have to fight super hard to get one (doctors don't like to put them in anyone that hasn't had kids, but it's not unheard of.)

Main fallbacks include the possibility of expulsion and I believe extremely rare cases of ecotopic pregnancy.

Anybody that I've talked to that it's worked for has been all about it.

Monica fucked around with this message on 09-23-2006 at 12:27 PM.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 09-23-2006 12:37:35 PM
It's usually cheaper and more effective to make your own.
Maradon!
posted 09-23-2006 12:44:03 PM
quote:
Monicaing:
Has she considered a non-hormonal IUD?

I think a surgically implanted device is a little bit out of either of our financial range right now.

Maradon!
posted 09-23-2006 12:44:33 PM
quote:
Ozimandering:
It's usually cheaper and more effective to make your own.

Plastic wrap + rubber band?

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 09-23-2006 12:45:36 PM
quote:
Maradon! stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I think a surgically implanted device is a little bit out of either of our financial range right now.

Again, cheaper and far more effective if you just do it yourself.

Or, if you're too much of a pussy, have the operation done and then sue for malpractice and recoup your financial loss.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 09-23-2006 12:46:29 PM
quote:
Maradon! stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

That's the ticket! Use your imagination! Duct tape, plastic bags, wax paper! I mean, go for function but don't forget to have fun with it.

Ares
posted 09-23-2006 12:46:31 PM
quote:
Maradon! Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I think it's just a natural assumption that one is responsible for one's own genitals. It doesn't necessarily make any sense to assume that, but that's how people normally feel.

Exactly. One's own genitals.. i.e. someone elses that's going into mine.

Sorry that your girl can't be on the pill.. Condoms arn't the greatest for protection. What about the patch? Or is it a hormonal thing that's the problem?

Suddar
posted 09-23-2006 12:46:35 PM
quote:
Maradon! said this about your mom:

Such a hilariously bad idea.

That said, do it.

Ares
posted 09-23-2006 12:48:07 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Suddar stammered:
Such a hilariously bad idea.

That said, do it.

... You WANT him to produce offspring? Think about it. Mini Maradons running around..

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 09-23-2006 12:50:53 PM
There could only be so many Mini-Maradons, so I wouldn't worry.

I mean, christ. How many, six? Seven? Eight? Any more births and the woman will eventually die. Now it's what he does with these tiny versions of himself that is a matter of national security, not the amount.

Suddar
posted 09-23-2006 12:52:24 PM
Maybe if you filled the bag with spermicide?

It'd be like fucking a waterbed.

Goma
Pancake
posted 09-23-2006 01:00:15 PM
My girlfriend also has a problem with the pill. She's attempted to use several different types of it in the past and they all make her fairly ill. The patch, on the other hand, works like a charm. It skips the whole ingestion-digestion part, thus avoiding sickness.

So if you two are concerned about babies and want to take extra measures on top of using condoms I would recommend that she look into using the patch.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 09-23-2006 01:01:01 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Goma wrote:
My girlfriend also has a problem with the pill. She's attempted to use several different types of it in the past and they all make her fairly ill. The patch, on the other hand, works like a charm. It skips the whole ingestion-digestion part, thus avoiding sickness.

So if you two are concerned about babies and want to take extra measures on top of using condoms I would recommend that she look into using the patch.

Which version? Lawl, sir.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 09-23-2006 01:02:59 PM
You can actually go to planned parent-hood centers and get free trojan-knockoffs.
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Goma
Pancake
posted 09-23-2006 01:04:16 PM
Which version of the patch, you mean?

Evra.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 09-23-2006 01:15:54 PM
quote:
Goma got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Which version of the patch, you mean?

Evra.

I was making a horrid joke. As in, what version of the patch? 2.1 perhaps? Lollerfaust, mein freund.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 09-23-2006 01:40:25 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Ares:
... You WANT him to produce offspring? Think about it. Mini Maradons running around..

Suddar is hoping she has puppies so he can get a mini-maradon all of his own.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 09-23-2006 02:48:33 PM
Most dollar stores sell packs of 3 condoms for well, a doller, ofcourse I wouldnt be horribly surprised if they were secretly just seran wraps and rubberbands (i think thats waht the hamburger I just ate from the doller store was)
Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 09-23-2006 04:02:47 PM
Yeah you're getting ripped off. Trojans, last I checked, are pretty cheap here. And that's the uber lubricated spermicidal death squad super-sensitive penis wrapper kind.

I'd be iffy about ordering rubbers off the internet. I know no one took it seriously, but can you imagine? You'd end up with some that bored makers drew faces on. You don't want Mr Happy to look TOO cheerful. Look like a dude with a stocking over his face grinning. That's no good.

And Japanese condoms? Yeesh. I'm having visions of pocky.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 09-23-2006 05:02:43 PM
I second the IUD. And its not a surgery. Its an insertion. It takes about 2 minutes. Its like getting a OBGYN exam.

Here's the type of IUD I had.

They work, and once it is put in, neither you nor your girl feel a thing. And its more effective than condoms alone. It lasts for 5 to 7 years. Frankly, when you think about buy a $10 box of condoms a few times a week, or even getting pregnant, the cost of an IUD insertion is not really that much.

I reiterate: Its NOT a surgery. And on the plus side, her period has a chance of stopping. When I had mine in, I didnt have a period for over a year, til I had the thing removed last month.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Maradon!
posted 09-23-2006 05:35:14 PM
Why do all the IUD sites say they're only for mothers who've already had a baby?
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 09-23-2006 07:37:06 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Maradon!!
Why do all the IUD sites say they're only for mothers who've already had a baby?

Because of personal bias on the medical profession's part. Since it keeps you from having children for 5 to 7 years, it seems almost permanant.

Aside from extremely rare occurences, there are no bad side effects.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-23-2006 09:32:31 PM
quote:
From the book of Azakias, chapter 3, verse 16:
Because of personal bias on the medical profession's part. Since it keeps you from having children for 5 to 7 years, it seems almost permanant.

Aside from extremely rare occurences, there are no bad side effects.

There are actually greater instances of the IUD coming out with women who haven't had a baby; something to do with the size of the uterus or some such. My fiancee and I were looking at the option but it seemed too risky.

The patch uses a massive dose of estrogen which isn't always so good for health, mood, and weight issues. We actually used that for a long time but it made her constantly irritable and caused her to gain some 15 pounds and a bra size. The latter doesn't sound so bad until you figure that she was already wearing a 36F...

Given all that, she looked some stuff up and found out about the Nuvaring. Same level of effectiveness but a much smaller dose of estrogen so it doesn't have the same instances of suppressed libido, weight gain, or mood changes. She loves it and I love that she's more interested in sex than she was on the patch.

Damnati fucked around with this message on 09-23-2006 at 09:33 PM.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 09-23-2006 10:02:03 PM
Plus there are, of course, all the horror stories regarding IUD's. Mostly unfounded these days...but still. I'd try the non-invasive measures first.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Maradon!
posted 09-23-2006 10:03:43 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Damnati who doth quote:
Given all that, she looked some stuff up and found out about the Nuvaring. Same level of effectiveness but a much smaller dose of estrogen so it doesn't have the same instances of suppressed libido, weight gain, or mood changes. She loves it and I love that she's more interested in sex than she was on the patch.

What the hell is that? What do you do with it? Why the fuck don't drug websites ever tell you a single goddamn thing about the drug?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: