EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Met any celebrities?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-15-2006 01:22:50 PM
I've only met one in my entire life: Jane Curtain when I was six. Ayup.

I did see Ice Cube outside a hotel a few block down from where I work like last October; like all celebrities, he's shorter than you'd think.

Anyone else rub elbows with someone rich and famous?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 09-15-2006 01:29:34 PM

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Sean
posted 09-15-2006 01:32:49 PM
I have no idea who is in that picture.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 09-15-2006 01:41:29 PM
quote:
Sean said this, then charged the door while shouting "CHONGO LONGO!":
I have no idea who is in that picture.

John Edwards on the left, me on the right.
Not pictured: the mini back rub that I think he's compelled to give anyone who touches him. Which is the true definition of a civil servant, I suppose.

"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 09-15-2006 01:42:16 PM
I've met Bruce Campbell twice, once at a showing of Bubba Ho-Tep, and again at a showing of Man with the Screaming Brain.
Steven Steve
posted 09-15-2006 01:55:16 PM
Bruce Greenwood (at a parking lot film shooting for "Nowhere Man") and Jason Alexander at a resort hotel in Kaua'i.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 09-15-2006 02:29:15 PM
Iggy Pop, Henry Rollins, Gary Coleman (back in the 80s), James Earl Jones, Most of the Bloodhound Gang.

I met a lot of musicians because of my friend's step-father being a manager for a lot of neat people.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 09-15-2006 02:48:54 PM
Not really.
Steven Steve
posted 09-15-2006 03:03:05 PM
Oh yes and Mark Hamill, Michael Dorn, and Wil Wheaton but those go without saying
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 09-15-2006 03:03:53 PM
Apparently at this year's Dragon con, they put all the stars in the hilton where the autographs would be held. So Alan Tudyk was two doors down and across the hall from my hotel room. Ran into him a couple of times when he was getting ice. It was neat.

Other then that, I got autographs from Bill Dow, Gary Jones, Cliff Simon (SG-1 fame) as well as the chick who plays Teyla on Atlantis. And the whole mythbusters build team (Tori, Grant and Kari). Billy West was a little standoffish, and Ellen Muth is a god damned stick. But George Lowe and C. Martin Croker were cool as hell. On the picture, spaceghost writes: "Thanks for the pop-o-beef-scicles you brought Zorak and I. Deeee-lish!".

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 09-15-2006 03:25:51 PM
I met Chuck Norris at Dallas/Ft. Worth international airport once when my plane was held over.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 09-15-2006 04:12:04 PM
I've met Michael Dorn, and (wait for it..) Wil Wheaton. I even had their autographs that got lost in one of my moves.. >.>

I am hopeing to meet Rachael Ray when she comes out here for a signing. We grew up in the same area, so it would be nice to meet her. *chuckles*

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 09-15-2006 06:00:24 PM
Keith Parkinson at an EQ Fanfaire
Brian O'Halloran (Dante from Clerks)
literally brushed shoulders with the guys from Onyx (on line at the Great American Scream Machine in Six Flags NJ)
Chuck Mangione
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 09-15-2006 06:01:05 PM
Sean Connery.

He's as awesome in RL as he is on the screen.

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 09-15-2006 06:12:40 PM
I used to work backstage at our local fair during Jr. High and High School. We'd get washed up bands or really new acts for cheap. I've met a number of people over the years. Mostly country music stars.

Wierd Al Yankovic (Wonderfully intelligent, his band are a bunch of great guys too. Funny thing, he had groupies backstage who wanted parts of their bodies signed)

Ray Stevens

Ricky Scaggs

Lee Greenwood (Friendly, outgoing)

Joan Jett (saw a 16 year old classmate under the arm of one of the Blackhearts, she's old enough to be his daughter!)

Cheap Trick (stuck to thier trailer)

Jon Schnieder (spell bad!) (another nice guy, his GF at the time was totally hot!)

Charlie Daniels (Actually was sitting in the Mess Tent eating lunch with him and didn't recognize him because he only wears his hat on stage mostly. What a great guy!)

.38 Special (another fun bunch that weren't full of themselves)

I can't think of the rest, but there were a bunch.

My dad was also a local politician, I've met a couple presidential candidates from the 80's. Paul Simon ("I don't know why, I wear the bow tie") and Al "I invented the Internet" Gore. A couple of sticks in the mud

I was within 2 feet of President Bush when he visited Duluth for his 2004 Presidential campaign but didn't get to shake hands with him.

I go to Minnesota Martial Arts every month or so to work out down there. Sometimes there's guys from the UFC down there too. Sean Sherk's home gym is Minnesota Martial Arts.

Kaglaaz How'ler fucked around with this message on 09-15-2006 at 06:16 PM.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 09-15-2006 07:09:30 PM
I've had Bruce Campbell call me once and I've met Gigi Edgely
Feed my hungry soul.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 09-15-2006 07:23:21 PM
My friend from work is dating Jamaal Magloire.

I met a bunch of broadway stars (but not Bernadette Peters!!)

*Reba McEntire

*Two of the original Beach Boys

Some people who were on Days of our Lives back in the 80's.

*my life is now almost complete. All that's left is Leonardo Di Caprio.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 09-15-2006 07:32:05 PM
quote:
Stalwart Steve had this to say about Robocop:
Oh yes and Mark Hamill, Michael Dorn, and Wil Wheaton but those go without saying

Is Michael Dorn really as tall as he was on Star Trek? I've always wanted to meet him.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 09-15-2006 07:39:08 PM
quote:
Ragabash sent this coded message via a team of nanites:
I've had Bruce Campbell call me once

What's the story here?

Steven Steve
posted 09-15-2006 07:46:00 PM
quote:
Lechium had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Is Michael Dorn really as tall as he was on Star Trek? I've always wanted to meet him.

I don't remember, I was 6 or something.

Ragabash
Pancake
posted 09-15-2006 07:51:37 PM
quote:
Gunslinger Moogle had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
What's the story here?

He was doing a signing or something at St Louis University which my friend attended. In addition to signing he was doing crank calls to the friends of people who had cell phones, on the condition that no one called their friend ahead of time and told them. Well, it sort of backfired on Bruce when he called me because I had been expecting a call from a different friend, and this friend and I usually say strange crap anyway. And Bruce kinda sounds like him, at least over the phone. So when he called he goes "uhhhhh, is this *myname*?"

To which I said "uhhhhhhh, yah. How you doin bud?" Bruce: "Uhhhhhh...bye" and he hangs up. I don't think anything of it, thinking my friend is just up to our old games and will call me back in a sec to do some other gag. Instead my friend with Bruce calls me and tells me it was Bruce Campbell I just talked to and proceeds to tell me that apparently I made Bruce give my friend a very disgusted look, and had people in line booing Bruce for such a crappy crank call heh.

edit: added quote

Ragabash fucked around with this message on 09-15-2006 at 07:52 PM.

Feed my hungry soul.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 09-15-2006 07:52:40 PM
In no particular order:

Peri Gilpin (Roz on Fraiser)
Don Adams
John Byner
Tennessee Ernie Ford
Matt Groening
Trace Beaulieu (Dr Forrester from MST3K)
Colin Powell
Norman Schwarzkopf
Wesley Snipes sat in the booth next us at the ESPNZone here in Vegas when myself, Nae, Gee and UBT ate there once.
Ian Bairnson (Guitarist for The Alan Parsons Project)
Quite a few athletes and comic book artists who I can't take the time to list here. Noone earth-shatteringly huge, but still.
Oh, and about 4 Playboy Playmates.

Callalron fucked around with this message on 09-15-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 09-15-2006 08:02:49 PM
oh almost forgot one

for all the soap opera buffs, John Loprieno

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 09-15-2006 08:06:09 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Lechium wrote:

I remember him being tall when I met him. Crazy tall. And he's rather nice in person. X)

Nina
posted 09-15-2006 09:35:04 PM
Tarja Turunen of Nightwish fame,
Luca Turilli of Rhapsody fame (doesn't speak one word of english, I swear!),
Barry Burns of Mogwai fame
Maradon!
posted 09-15-2006 09:49:37 PM
Lou Ferrigno at an NRA convention

John Mayer, at a concert long before he was cool. Matchbox 20's Rob Thomas at their concert.

Vanilla Ice long, long after he was cool.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 09-15-2006 09:54:57 PM
quote:
Ragabash had time to sputter this out before being killed by someone else's ambush:
*cool story*

Heh. I'm amused...I'll have to send that story on to a friend of mine who's rather obsessed with Bruce Campbell.

Maradon!
posted 09-15-2006 10:12:32 PM
quote:
Callalroning:
Trace Beaulieu (Dr Forrester from MST3K)

HOLY SHIT

Skaw
posted 09-15-2006 10:16:53 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about (_|_):
Vanilla Ice long, long after he was cool.

You sir, are a filthy liar. For this to be true he would have had to been cool at one point in time.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-15-2006 10:18:37 PM
I wish I could have met Mako before he died...

My mom had lunch with Reba McIntyre, though, since I guess she's a big fan of her works. I've met a bunch of authors, too, but you probably wouldn't know who they are

Maradon!
posted 09-15-2006 10:32:08 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Skaw who doth quote:
You sir, are a filthy liar. For this to be true he would have had to been cool at one point in time.

He was, briefly, during the 80s.

My brother has his autograph.

Goma
Pancake
posted 09-15-2006 10:48:28 PM
The Duke of Edinburgh.

A couple members of the Toronto Blue Jays back when they won the series.

Uh... No actors or anything.

Oh, and Liam and I both took a course taught by the world's leader in the study of murder if that counts.

Steven Steve
posted 09-15-2006 11:10:15 PM
Now that I think about it I've met Omar Visquel and Albert Belle (major league baseball players) and Bill Clinton.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 09-15-2006 11:34:19 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
I wish I could have met Mako before he died...

My mom had lunch with Reba McIntyre, though, since I guess she's a big fan of her works. I've met a bunch of authors, too, but you probably wouldn't know who they are

I email an author (one of my favorites, too) and he shoots the shit with me. Its really very cool.

As for celebs...

Brad Paisley...

And a lot of military celebrities. I've met a 6 year E7 (that is almost unheard of in the Navy)

I've met RADM Cotton

And you know that video of the guy getting sucked into a jet intake on a carrier? My former skipper was the pilot of that plane.

I've met a bunch of senators that I dont recall their names..

And Bush was in town, but I was at work.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-15-2006 11:49:28 PM
I could've met Carlton Fisk, but I didn't care enough to go talk to him.

He was walking around Lowe's looking at toilets.

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 09-16-2006 03:43:45 PM
I met Penn and Teller when I was in vegas. Got both of their signatures on my ticket when I was in the second row at their show that night.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 09-16-2006 08:22:20 PM
met Dennis Miller in Vegas. and.. Peter Coyote, i think that is his name (looked it up, yeah him). seen tons at Sundance the few years ive gone.
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 09-16-2006 09:09:13 PM
quote:
Trent thought about the meaning of life:
met Dennis Miller in Vegas. and.. Peter Coyote, i think that is his name (looked it up, yeah him). seen tons at Sundance the few years ive gone.

We're goin' this year, right?

Doomjudge
Pancake
posted 09-16-2006 09:09:23 PM
Charles Bronson
Rene Zellweger
Russell Crowe
Mos Def
Bruce Willis

They film alot of movies in our neighbourhood (16 Blocks, Family of Cops, Cinderella Man)

My house is actually in the birthday scene of Cinderella Man, I personally havn't seen the movie, but it's the birthday scene. (it was kinda wierd cause they convereted a parking lot into a completely lawned area) We kept getting all the cakes that the kids screwed up on during takes. (Note: We ended up with a cubic fuckton of cakes)

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 09-17-2006 12:40:58 AM
quote:
Xyrra had this to say about Pirotess:
We're goin' this year, right?

yes please. *nods* youll love it.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: