EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Anyone for DotA?
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 09-11-2006 04:01:26 PM
Vorago and I will be starting a game in 10 minutes.

Azeroth (USEast), join channel Evercrest.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Skaw
posted 09-11-2006 04:25:46 PM
I'd play, but I'd get owned, I don't know the item system well at all.
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 09-11-2006 04:28:40 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Skaw wrote:

Vorago and I will make up for anything. Come and play anyway, only way to learn.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Skaw
posted 09-11-2006 04:35:25 PM
quote:
Inferno-Spirit said this about your mom:
Vorago and I will make up for anything. Come and play anyway, only way to learn.

In a minute, sure. Checking on a NM in FFXI. Go easy.

nem-x
posted 09-11-2006 04:40:58 PM
no delid to ruin the game
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 09-11-2006 04:49:58 PM
Game over soon, next one in another 10-20.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 09-11-2006 06:41:22 PM
quote:
Skaw stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:

What part gives you trouble?

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Skaw
posted 09-11-2006 06:44:07 PM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper spewed forth this undeniable truth:
What part gives you trouble?

Mostly the upgrade chain. I spend a lot of time looking between the merchants to figure out which one has which item.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 09-11-2006 07:40:14 PM
Did I miss the party?
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 09-11-2006 08:56:46 PM
Another party in twenty minutes if anyone is interested.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 09-11-2006 10:47:01 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Skaw wrote:
Mostly the upgrade chain. I spend a lot of time looking between the merchants to figure out which one has which item.

That really only gets better with looking at it alot, possibly just go to the site and memorize what is where?

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 09-12-2006 01:04:21 AM
There really isn't that much that is must know. You just need to memorize key recipies like Power Treads, Monkey King Bar, and Guinsoo's. Also just knowing that things exist allows you to go look up exactly what you need real quick. For instance, I can't tell you what it takes to make a refresher, but I know it's there and what it does.

DoTA has a steep learning curve but it is worth it once you have it mostly figured out.

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 09-12-2006 09:47:23 AM
Void Stone 900
Ring of Health 875
Quarterstaff 1150
Sobi Mask 325
Robe of the Magi 450

Both auto combine into the items of perserverance for the first two, and oblivion staff for the last 3. 1850 for refresher orb combo.

Looooove that item for some of the big nuke type casters.

Eventually, you'll have most of the thing memorized, and if its not memorized, you can check in like... 3 seconds while in game.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: