EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: MTG:O
nem-x
posted 09-08-2006 09:30:00 PM
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 09-08-2006 09:48:37 PM
Time Spiral is going to ROCK when it is released. Bye bye Jitte. But past that.

They are finally printing cards for all the 'big' names from the game... Mishra, Urza, Teferi... /drool

That and like every keyword ever printed is in the set plus new ones

Oh, and interrupts are back, but 'fixed' into a new format.
"Split Second" keyword, spells and abilities cannot be played as long as a spell with split second is on the stack

Vorago
posted 09-08-2006 09:51:31 PM

So far they are freaking NAILING those legend artworks

Vorago fucked around with this message on 09-08-2006 at 09:55 PM.

Malbi
posted 09-08-2006 11:11:57 PM
my only issue with the artwork is Jaya ballard lived during the ICE AGE, and that outfit doesn't exactly seem warm...and if they considered the antiquities novels cannon I would have expected Mishra to be wearing something more desert friendly.

but yeah Im lookingforward to Time Spiral booyah

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-08-2006 11:27:28 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Malbi:
my only issue with the artwork is Jaya ballard lived during the ICE AGE, and that outfit doesn't exactly seem warm...and if they considered the antiquities novels cannon I would have expected Mishra to be wearing something more desert friendly.

but yeah Im lookingforward to Time Spiral booyah

Who gave you that title?

Vorago
posted 09-08-2006 11:33:06 PM
quote:
So quoth Malbi:

Well, Jaya also became a planeswalker. If anyone could stay warm while looking badass, it would be her. She sure does love fire.

And Mishra was really at his prime during the war, where he was a general of an army and not even in the desert anymore, wouldn't be appropriate to have him in dust trodden digging clothing

Vorago fucked around with this message on 09-08-2006 at 11:37 PM.

nem-x
posted 09-09-2006 12:14:00 AM
There's like a billion new sets out. >:(
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 09-09-2006 01:00:10 AM
quote:
From the book of nem-x, chapter 3, verse 16:
There's like a billion new sets out. >

Play DotA instead.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
nem-x
posted 09-09-2006 01:28:05 AM
My Godo deck still womps!
Leftover Mog
No, the spelling errors are not intentional
posted 09-09-2006 01:28:54 AM
Dman, and here i was losing itnerest in magic
Won't you be my friend

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
-- George Herbert Walker Bush

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 09-09-2006 03:29:46 AM
Why would a spellcaster surrounded by fire all the time need warm clothing. She can just raise the ambient temperature around her.
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Alberd
Pancake
posted 09-09-2006 08:24:59 AM
That card makes Mishra look like a neanderthal.
To live by the sword is to die by the sword.
Honor those who honor thee, be merciful to those who show thee mercy.
To those who offend thee and thine, show no mercy.
Maradon!
posted 09-09-2006 11:59:35 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Alberd booooze lime pole over bench lick:
That card makes Mishra look like a neanderthal.

That is so offensive!

Malbi
posted 09-09-2006 12:30:05 PM
quote:
Vorago had this to say about Cuba:
Well, Jaya also became a planeswalker. If anyone could stay warm while looking badass, it would be her. She sure does love fire.

And Mishra was really at his prime during the war, where he was a general of an army and not even in the desert anymore, wouldn't be appropriate to have him in dust trodden digging clothing

from what I understand of the cards they are not cards of the planeswalkers at least in the case of Jaya for sure but earlier incarnations of them ripped from the timeline, which would be Jaja the task mage, they have a handful of spells that they know how to do as opposed to real wizards who have a ton more.

Jaya in particular was good at blowing stuff up and not much else as can be seen in all 3 of her blowy uppy abilities

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-09-2006 12:43:50 PM
fads aren't allowed to cost money
nem-x
posted 09-09-2006 02:18:02 PM
Vorago
posted 09-09-2006 03:08:00 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Malbi!
from what I understand of the cards they are not cards of the planeswalkers at least in the case of Jaya for sure but earlier incarnations of them ripped from the timeline, which would be Jaja the task mage, they have a handful of spells that they know how to do as opposed to real wizards who have a ton more.

Jaya in particular was good at blowing stuff up and not much else as can be seen in all 3 of her blowy uppy abilities

Yup, Wizards doesn't print cards of planeswalkers because the player playing the game is considered the planeswalker in the grand scheme. Would be like a General sending another General into battle as a soldier, hehe

Would be hard to find a power level in a card for a being able to take on entire armies by themselves and decimate them without breaking a sweat

Jaya was a task mage, a task mage being a mage who specializes in a seemingly endless amount of smaller spells that they use in ingenius ways to achieve a greater effect. Which fits her card really well, she can turn anything into something.

Vorago fucked around with this message on 09-09-2006 at 03:13 PM.

Vorago
posted 09-09-2006 03:12:11 PM
Also, of a awesome little detail, the spells all three of Jaya's abilities are based off of (They tweaked the first a bit... red just doesn't get counterspells period anymore haha) are all cards she was the flavour text for

Vorago fucked around with this message on 09-09-2006 at 03:17 PM.

BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 09-09-2006 04:06:13 PM
They're bringing back Madness too with this aren't they? Jaya gets better.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 09-09-2006 04:41:12 PM
This set sounds like it is going to be insanely complicated if they are bringing back so many mechanics.
Vorago
posted 09-09-2006 05:01:30 PM
quote:
Naimah probably says this to all the girls:
This set sounds like it is going to be insanely complicated if they are bringing back so many mechanics.

Damn straight

You know why the Onslaught set sucked heavily? They treated everyone like utter idiots and printed 150 morph cards that were all simplistic and crap.

In making the cards 'easy to understand'... you know, for a mechanic that took all of 10 minutes to learn, they made most morph creatures pointless, by the time they were printing interesting morph creatures, it was the last set in the block and beyond hope.

The non-numbered sets are labelled as expert level sets, so they should be appropriate to that

Plus all the keywords have reminder text on them as it is, not like people will need to bust out a rules book for every card

Malbi
posted 09-09-2006 05:54:44 PM
quote:
Naimah had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

the Ravinica block had 10 new keyword abilities, split mana costs and split cards
heck even has a gold backed artifact creature thats all colors

Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-09-2006 11:28:44 PM
6 mana for a 5/5 flying shadow super-pumpable creature omg

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Vorago
posted 09-10-2006 03:59:23 AM
quote:
Delidgamond's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
6 mana for a 5/5 flying shadow super-pumpable creature omg

That thing is such a SILLY finisher

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 09-12-2006 06:47:04 PM
4 turn clock + negate 3 power frome each opposing creature.

By By SSS

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Maradon!
posted 09-12-2006 08:49:59 PM
Wouldn't Jaya's 5RR ability kill her too? O_o
Malbi
posted 09-12-2006 09:40:45 PM
quote:
Maradon! painfully thought these words up:

yes it does. its a balancing factor.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 09-12-2006 10:04:19 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about John Romero:

Actually, only maybe. If you buffed her up somehow or gave her pro red, it wouldn't. At least, I THINK on the pro-red. not sure if it targets each creature she deals the damage to or not.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 09-12-2006 at 10:05 PM.

Vorago
posted 09-12-2006 10:22:35 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Maradon! wrote:

Yes. But sometimes you absolutely, positively, need to make everything dead

When the mage Barrin wanted to sacrifice himself to make everything very, very dead, we got...

Jaya's is a bit of a lightweight in comparison <_<

Vorago fucked around with this message on 09-12-2006 at 10:27 PM.

Vorago
posted 09-12-2006 10:28:32 PM
And yes, protection from red would keep her alive allowing you to megabomb the board over and over until your opponent dies
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: